“Nice hotel with courteous staff”

Courtyard Ahmedabad
Ranked #1 of 165 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel with my family for 4 days in January 2013.
The visit was quite a memorable one for more than one reasons, We had an incident of fire in the hotel building that was controlled within about 30-45 minutes. All the guests were escorted safely by the hotel staff and what was noteworthy was the way the people in charge managed the emergency. Utmost care was taken of all the guests during the incident and we were served cakes, juices and everything else available in the hotel lawns only. Chairs were arranged for us in the hotel lawns and the staff made it a point to serve all the guests with smile on their faces.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Drimran
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Greetings from Courtyard Marriott Ahmedabad!

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for your kind words of appreciation. Such crisis situations can indeed put our business in a precarious situation and I am glad that we were able to successfully turn it around for you. Marriott International as a lodging company gives utmost importance to safeguarding the security of our guests and we shall continue our efforts to ensure that such incidents never get repeated henceforth. I sincerely thank you for such public endorsement of our brand which goes a long way in building our reputation. I do hope we get the opportunity to render our services to you once again though, in the absence of any such incidents.

Gaurav Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

disclaimer i stayed in this hotel redeeming my points from earlier stays . However i must say that the mariott rewards program redemption is very good and easy so much so that i try now to stay at mariott wherever i go .
Coming back to the hotel , i had requested for quiet room pool facing and since the hotel was full, this could not be accomodated . The staff though were very courteous and provided us with complimemtary breakfast to make up for this . overall rooms are big and quite like a 5 star hotel . only small problem we saw was that the hotel can improve a bit on the cleanliness as it was not difficult to spot areas which needed improvement in the bathroom and the rooms .
front office staff were very helpful and the security lady at the screening always smiled at my wife warmly . overall an enjoyable stay .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shankar v
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I am extremely pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and appreciated our room and service. I have shared your feedback regarding the wear and tear of our product with my team internally and we shall work toward improving the same at the earliest. I would also like to thank you for your continued patronage as a Marriott Rewards member and an endorsement of the same on a public platform such as this. We look forward to extending our service again to you very soon in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel some time back and it stands out in memory for its aesthetic appeal...I love the use of colours. The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. The quality of service is great. The food at the vegetarian restaurant is super however I wasn't too impressed with breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Purvabhatia

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us including our rooms and service. We have recently changed our offerings at Shakahari, our vegetarian restaurant and I am extremely pleased to learn that you enjoyed the same. I have also shared your feedback regarding the breakfast spread with our chefs who always make an effort to accommodate the different palates of all our guests. The next time you stay with us which we hope would be very soon, our chefs would be more than willing to customize the food to suit your preferences.
I thank you for your kind words of appreciation and we look forward to extending our services to you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Standard rooms don't include a bath tube and the shower doesn’t always provide stabilized-temperature water so you’ll get alternatively burnt or chilled even if you don’t try to adjust the temperature. No washing is also a possibility but if you go out and given the hotel’s external environment it is not recommended. I strongly recommend you ask for a room that is on the opposite side of the main road otherwise you share the permanent honking of the motorbikes, scooters, trucks, buses + all the extremely noisy religious processions that flow along that road - and they use bomb-like firecrackers - at the beginning of my stay I thought it was terrorist attacks. No at all, local people are just happy making so much noise ! Well, don’t panic if you are located on that wrong side anyway, there are fewer vehicles on this avenue after 1:00 AM…Noise isolation from the lobby is also limited : if your neighbor comes back late and discuss with his friend(s) you'll certainly hear them, loud and clear. Besides, room are clean and beds are comfortable, with various kind of pillows. If you let the A/C on during day time you can turn it off when you are back in the night and, until the next midday you won’t have to turn it on again. TV channels provide a very large range of local channels and a bunch of Western channels, with relatively poor streaming…pixels and pixels right at the breathtaking moment of course. Internet access is not great (best I could get was 300 kb/s - in average it is close to 150 kb/s) but compare with other places in India it is actually no so bad.
The gym is too small for the hotel and is often packed. The food is average to good with various flavors and styles along with relatively cheap prices (most expensive item on room service menu is about US$ 8). Don’t forget that you are in Gujarat and that the hotel is not supplying any alcoholic beverages (but they have non-alcoholic beer). There is not much to see in the close vicinity, except if you like to wander in shanty towns (opposite to hotel) or residential area (back of the hotel). If you dare crossing a few avenues you’ll find a bunch of shopping malls with attractive prices for famous brand garment. Security is relatively good (every entering car is searched and they even have a dog that is supposed to be - my guess - an explosive-detection living device). Employees are very helpful and try to make your stay as good as possible without bothering you. It seems also a popular place for well-off locals as there are often events organized there. All in all a good value for money and a relaxing place after a working day outside.

Room Tip: I strongly recommend you ask for a room that is on the opposite side of the main road otherwise you...
1  Thank Alexandre J

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad!
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided by our associates. However, I apologize about the inconvenience you faced with the noise coming from the streets. As this was the time of the year for celebrating Diwali, one of the most popular festivals in India, it does often get noisy outside. Additionally, you were inconvenienced due the poor streaming of our television channels. I would like to inform you that we are currently in the process of changing the service provider for our television channels which shall improve the quality of streaming significantly. I have also shared your feedback about the internet speed with my team in order to put into place measures to improve the same.
I would like to apologize once again for the inconvenience you faced during your stay. I do hope we soon get the opportunity to be able to provide an absolutely problem free stay for you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Gujurat is mental (in a good way), where past and future collide and the new India emerges. Fortunately the aches and pains of 3 frenetic days in Gujurat melts away in one of the most surprising business hotels I've experienced - Courtyard by Marriott. Not expecting much, I was blown away by the service at all levels, and the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.

The design and decor of the lobby (reception, lounge, dinning) was exceptional, an understated elegance that I was not expecting at a business hotel. Often overlooked in hotels, even the corridors were enjoyable to walk along. And the bedroom was magic, from its floor to ceiling window, its 'see-through' shower (creating a great sense of space), its king-size bed with firm mattress, and the overall layout and furnishing.

The food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dine-in) was delicious and varied. The hotel was in close proximity to the CBD and even the views of hustle and bustle rather than bays or lakes reinforced the splendid oasis this was. A special recommendation: if you require a hotel driver to get around, ask for Gajendar Sing-chauhan - behind his quiet and friendly demeanor hides a Formula 1 racing driver who could deliver a 1,000 eggs across rutted roads without breakage. He made our hours on the road enjoyable, thus adding to the whole Gujurat experience.

For leisure or business I prefer boutique over brand name hotels, but will readily admit that on this occasion a brand could provide the feel of a boutique. Very highly recommended.

1  Thank David M

,Lobby 4 out of 5,
,Value for Money 4.5 out of 5,
,Checkout Experience 4 out of 5,

Tip
a good place to stay in ahmedabad

Room Tip: ask for swimming pool facing room
1  Thank Anil G
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad!

We thank you for taking out the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our room and services. Such wonderful feedback especially about our restaurant Shakahari goes a long way in motivating our associates. We look forward to extending our hospitality to you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

After being on the roads of gujarat for a few days and having experienced different hotels, this was the best we could have asked for. Everything about this place was fabulous - the rooms, the staff, the beds, the amenities, the quite poolside, the service and the food. The enormous spread for breakfast with fresh, healthy and diverse cuisines was the best ! I would like to thank the entire team at Courtyard by Marriott for the great job. Thanks !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad!

We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It gives me great pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. I have shared your comments about our room, food and services with our associates for whom such positive feedback is their biggest reward. We look forward to making your next stay with us even better!