“Very good hotel!”

Courtyard Ahmedabad
Ranked #1 of 169 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a night at this hotel during a recent business trip.

The hotel is very well done up and exactly what courtyard offers around the world. The checkin was swift. The rooms are very modern and spacious. It has all the basic amenities for a luxury stay and the room had a new feel to it. The lighting in the room was a bit dim though. The bathroom is very stylish with a good shower. The rooms overlooking the main road had some noise coming in though.

The restaurant below is well done up and serves an excellent buffett. The food is well spread out. It gets a bit noisy though with large groups around. The hotel has a coffee shop in house that seems to be very popular with the youth of this city, given that there is no alcohol served anywhere in ahmedebad!!

Overall a very good place and you cant go wrong with a courtyard.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I am extremely pleased to learn that we managed to have every aspect of your stay covered right from the time of check in. I have shared your wonderful words of appreciation with my associates for whom such feedback is their biggest reward. I am truly delighted that we successfully lived up to the expectation you have from a Courtyard by Marriott hotel.

We look forward to extending our refreshing services to you once again in the near future.

Gaurav Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We booked this hotel for two nights. It's centrally located.The rooms are comfortable. The staff are courteous. The breakfast was okay. Parking for the cars is perfect. However, they have no facility for the drivers to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you sharing your valuable feedback with us. I am glad to know that your stay in our room was comfortable and that you enjoyed the service extended by our associates. I do apologize for the absence of an accommodation facility for drivers. However, our associates at the front desk would be more than happy to suggest a suitable accommodation nearby should you require one for your driver the next time you visit us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to extending our refreshing services once again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

For a comfortable stay in a good standard hotel, this is the one to choose. As expected it does very much cater for business and the commercial sector, although this should not put one off, in reality it means the standard is very good. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and everything is at your fingertips. The staff are very helpful too. The cuisine is extensive and you also have the choice and requirements for all dietary needs. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good, the higher you are the more of the sprawling city you can see !£
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad!

Thank you for taking out the time to share feedback about your stay with us. I am immensely pleased to learn that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and enjoyed our product and services. I would like to thank you for appreciating us on a public platform such as this as it goes a long way in motivating our associates and building our reputation. We are truly delighted to know that our refreshing services would make you come back to us the next time as well.

We look forward to extending our services once again to you very soon in the future!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

perfect location right in heart of city. very close to all major city attractions. rooms are neat and clean. cafe java plus is too good. food is good at shakahari and momo. perfect for business. best hotel in ahmedabad

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rushalpatel23
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad!

Thank you for taking out the time to share your valuable feedback. I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay at the hotel and found not just the service but also its location convenient. I am also extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed Java+ our newly opened coffee bar. Such kind words of appreciation go a long in motivating our associates and we sincerely thank you for the same.

We look forward to extending yet another refreshing stay to you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

The location is central and this hotel is right on a major road, and at an intersection in a noisy city where every passing driver uses a honk every 2 seconds. Add trucks to the noise. One would expect a hotel with this brand to be well sound-proofed, given the fact that it is in the middle of such chaos. But no. The rooms on the 4th and 6th floor (topmost) are noisy: had requested for a room change, hence I know.

The lounge isn't what you would expect of a Marriott lounge not only because there is no alcohol, but also because the printer didn't work when I wanted to take prints for my presentation - it just printed dark bands and blanks!

The staff is courteous, hospitable. The only thing I really liked. The rest is - well, not of Marriott class that claims 5 star status (and I am not comparing to JW).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BhutJolokia
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad!

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us. At the onset, I would like to express my disappointment that your stay was less than perfect. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced due to the noise coming in your room. We have taken note for your future stays, so that we are able to provide you with a quieter room to make it much more peaceful. With regard to the absence of alcohol in the lounge, I would like to mention that as Gujarat is a dry state, we do not have permission to serve the same. However, I have noted your feedback about the inefficiency of our printer and I have ensured that the same has been looked into immediately.
I am glad that you found the service of our associates hospitable and courteous. I would like to ensure you that we value the feedback of all our guests and consider it essential to constantly improving ourselves. I apologize once again for the inconvenience you experienced during your visit which is definitely not representative of our standards. I do hope that you give us another opportunity in the near future to turn around this experience for you and provide you with a much more refreshing stay.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Good food and good room size and furnishing. Service is not upto marriott standard.
Poor Gym and Gym attendent probably do not know anything. Staff at room service phone is not properly trained. Body language and communication of staff is not upto marriott standards.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bafna59
CYMarriottAhmedabad, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad!

Thank you for taking out the time to share your valuable feedback. At the onset, I would like to apologize that your stay with us was not all that it could have been. Being an international hospitality chain, we always emphasize on training our associates to act, dress and communicate professionally. However, it seems that we missed out on delivering this professionalism during your stay with us. I have personally taken up this matter with the concerned associates in order to render better services to our guests. I do hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with a much more refreshing experience in the near future.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had my daughter's birthday party at their event center and had rooms at hotel. They have very professional team managing your event. Chukko did nice job on details of events. My daughter asked for very unique cake and Chef (can't remember his name, sorry) did exactly what she was looking for. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and service is matching Marriott culture. It was very successful event for us. Thank you to entire staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad!

Thank you for taking out the time to share your feedback. I am indeed pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our services up to your expectations. I have conveyed your feedback to our events team and the chefs at the bakery for whom such words of appreciation are truly rewarding. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to making your next visit even more refreshing!