“Absolutely best hotel in all of Ahmedabad” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad

Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad
Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Sacramento, California
“Absolutely best hotel in all of Ahmedabad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had previously visited this hotel when it was a Royal Orchid hotel. At the time, I had given this hotel an excellent review. I have found that the quality in the hotel is the same and actually has improved slightly. What sets this hotel apart from all others is world class service that meets or exceeds that of top US based hotels I have visited such as Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott.
Harshal and Pallavi were here during my last visit to the Royal Orchid Central Ahmedabad and made me feel very much at home. They are star members of the team and have made me feel like I am visiting my own family here in Ahmedabad. In addition, the entire staff was very courteous including Manan, Pooja, Preksha, Bhagirath, Vipul, Krishna, and Suchi. Everyone has been very well trained and I have noticed a large difference between this and a Ramada Ahmedabad hotel which had far inferior customer service. One of the main differences I noticed here is that any request made was promptly attended to. The staff go out of their way to make sure that you're comfortable. I have seen other hotels including the Ramada Ahmedabad where I have to ask 3 or 4 times for something to be done and finally have to speak to the general manager and complain about the lobby manager. That is not the case here.
The location is very central; a drawback is that there is not a great view of the city. This is not very important to me. Another drawback is that the previous restaurant served more authentic local Indian food in the buffet than now. The Indian food now seems too rich and creamy for my taste. Nonetheless, there are good options for both Indian and other cuisines, and plenty of good restaurants can be found nearby in Ahmedabad. I would highly recommend this hotel especially for foreigners looking for a reputable hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank spatel300
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear spatel300

Greetings!!!

Thank you so much for taking out your valuable time and rating us so wonderfully on Trip Advisor.

My team and I would like to thank you for appreciating the services delivered to you by our staff members. This will further motivate my team to provide consistent high quality service. I will share your compliments with my entire team.

Four Points by Sheraton, Ahmedabad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

it was pleasant surpise that this royal orchid property had become a Sheraton property and was starwood group member . The hotel is very nice place to stay with extremely courteous staff . It has a innovative lobby design with the first / mezzanine floor hosting restaurant which has a nice ambience and above average breakfast spread in terms of quality . The rooms are very comfortable and quiet and decently sized . There is a compact gym at the lobby level. The conferencing facilities and support services are very good . I would always like to stay here on my visit to Ahmedabad. A central location is an added advantage .

Room Tip: higher floors are better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear ajoykumar

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us.

My team and I would like to thank you for your positive comments, this will further motivate my associates to consistently deliver high quality of service. I will share your compliments with my entire team.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We found some staff unfriendly and very un-cooperative with no flexibility.
Buffet breakfast was very lavish but totally tasteless, rooms were small and noisy.
Walk-in closet space inside was not very practical and having inside yet room had less space to move around.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PunitSheth, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sunil2603

Greetings!!!

Thank you for spending your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

During the stay, we had your extension request, unfortunately due to high occupancy and sold out date, we could not honor your request.

Our aim is to provide you with honest, uncomplicated, comfort.

Regards,
Manan Vaishnav
Asst. Front Office Manager
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very Clean hotel, excellent hospitality from its staff. Very comfortable. The only bad thing is the pollution in the areas around the hotel, but we have to understand that this is not responsibility of the Hotel management. But if your travel takes you to this city, This is the best option.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tony_391
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Tony_391

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed for a week at the hotel. It was one of the most exciting trip and a wonderful stay. Located in a very central position so that we can access any destination from there.The front office was very courteous and always willing to make our stay comfortable. Rooms were very clean. Room service was prompt and the food was delicious. The breakfast buffet spread was having a good variety of all the popular varieties of dishes. Housekeeping was efficient and well behaved. Overall a great stay .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deepakdr
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear deepakdr

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

we stayed for two days during our 9 days Gujurat trip. It was most comforable and memorable stay. Clean rooms and excellent breakfast buffet choices. It is in the heart of the city and easy to commute tourist attractions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rashmisateesh
Dear Rashmisateesh

Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Ahmedabad, spiritual home of Mr. M Ghandi, and in normal cases the only reason that anyone would come to the city of 5.5m+ inhabitants and the capital of the Gujurat region of India. There is more to Ahmedabad than one Ashram, much more - but you're going to have to dig to find it.
And to do that a good hotel will assist. I chose the FourPoints at Ellis Bridge for convenience on a business trip. It's relatively new, although the building I suspect isn't - that said, the building is not old and is well maintained not just by Indian standards either.
The Hotel is clean, everywhere - only one small area of dust in my room - and I know they washed the floors in my room, I saw them do it. Not just that, the room service team make a point of leaving the room well made up, clean and tidy.
The Eatery is the in-house restaurant, clean, wide variety of food styles, not just Indian, and the staff are very willing to help you choose dishes that will interest you and are from the local Gujurati region. Having eaten the food here for a couple of days, no complaints, indeed praise for the tireless waiters and supervisors and the quality of food.
Front desk - they always smile - and were more than helpful, using a local tourist-ized map to point out tourist places of interest, apart from Mr. Ghandi's ashram.
Helpful hints on the Four-Points:
- Book in advance and check your flight arrival time. I arrived at 3.00am and the hotel arranged one of their own cars to meet me - well worth the cost. They also arranged my room to be ready. Yes it'll cost you a room night, but better this than sitting in the (smallish) lobby for 7 hours until check in time.
- Want to use the business area? No problem, just remember this is India so crowding is a national pastime.. and remember this is India, the facilities may be WIn7 but the printer came out of the Ark. They will arrange for superior quality printing and binding to be done by a local company, just ask.
- Sight-seeing? Ask front desk for a car - you really don't want to drive here, so get a car with a driver. It's not just easier than the tourist coach, the time spent can be a lot less. The driver, although not fluent in English, made every effort to describe the City, what each area was and was discerning enough to leave me alone to enjoy the sights and be there, as if by magic, when required. A car may look expensive, but it is well worth it. You can also have the hotel car take you to and from business appointments.
Downsides - the FourPoints is on a busy street and there are always people around, so unfortunately no walking round the block, unless you enjoy being harassed the entire way by beggars (its the only income option for some in India).
I gave the FourPoints at Ahmedabad 5/5 because they consistently delivered exceptional service during my stay, along with pretty good food.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the Hotel - view out the back is not brilliant, but it's a lot quieter. The r...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greebles
Dear Graeme P

Greetings!!!

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback in regards to our own city and hotel.

We are glad & appreciate that you took your valuable time to write down your analysis.

We thank you for your valuable suggestions on the qulaity of ink and cartridge in our business centre.

The compliments in terms of the attentive driver, Front Desk and Eatery staff will be shared with my entire operational team.