“Best hotel we have ever stayed at!”

Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad
Ranked #5 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
London
“Best hotel we have ever stayed at!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel last year when it was Royal Orchid and we came back this year in February for one week. The change in the hotel service was noticeable in that the staff were very friendly and willing to help. We especially liked the way that Pooja welcomed us into the hotel by coming outside of the desk into the lobby. The atmosphere was very homely and we were welcomed with a very refreshing cocktail and an efficient and quick check in.

All the staff were always very smiley and willing to help all the time especially Pooja, Krishna, Suchi and Preksha. Even the security staff outside were very helpful in holding the door for us on many occasions! The hotel is one of the best five star hotels we have visited and it is the staff that make the hotel five star.

The room service is excellent and the hotel offers a wide spread for breakfast including both gujarati dishes (such as dosa, idli, dhokra, khandvi, puri, bateta shak and patra) and continental dishes (such as yummy banana cake, yoghurts and fresh fruits). The chefs and restaurant staff are also very helpful and friendly.

We would recommend this hotel for anybody looking to stay in Ahmedabad. We are already looking forward to our next visit there.

Thanks to all the staff for their hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Ashni P,

Greetings!!!

Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

My team and I would like to thank you for motivating comments and especially the names that you mentioned. This will further enagage and develop my associates to perform consistently with all the guest's.

We once again look forward to your stay with us and will make it a memorable one for sure.

Regards,

Four Points by Sheraton, Ahmedabad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
Chicago
Reviewed 19 February 2014

As an regular American business traveler I have gotten used to some luxuries and the four points exceeded my expectations. First off Starwood need to reclassify this as a Westin! I have stayed at many four points in the U.S. and this one kills them! The service is similar to a four seasons or the ritz. In 5 days of staying there I must have mad 20 calls to room service and the front desk and it never rang more than twice. In the chaos of Ahmedabad the four points was my respite. They even play all American songs in the lobby while you enjoy their free wifi. The other pros are that they give you FREE unlimited bottled water which is a must have. Also in a dry state it is nice to be right next door to a liquor store. Only negative is don't use the dry cleaning, they put holes in my BR shirt. If you stay here make sure you meet the GM named Manan, quite possibly the best one I have ever met.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cakemaster
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Cakemaster,

Greetings!!!

Thank you so much for taking out your valuable time and rating us so wonderfully on Trip Advisor.

My team and I would like to thank you for appreciating the services delivered to you by our staff members. This will further motivate my team to provide consistent high quality service. I will share your compliments with my entire team.

The laundry issue was addressed while you were at the property before accepting the garment. However, we will reinforce a more refined process for laundry collection.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had previously visited this hotel when it was a Royal Orchid hotel. At the time, I had given this hotel an excellent review. I have found that the quality in the hotel is the same and actually has improved slightly. What sets this hotel apart from all others is world class service that meets or exceeds that of top US based hotels I have visited such as Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott.
Harshal and Pallavi were here during my last visit to the Royal Orchid Central Ahmedabad and made me feel very much at home. They are star members of the team and have made me feel like I am visiting my own family here in Ahmedabad. In addition, the entire staff was very courteous including Manan, Pooja, Preksha, Bhagirath, Vipul, Krishna, and Suchi. Everyone has been very well trained and I have noticed a large difference between this and a Ramada Ahmedabad hotel which had far inferior customer service. One of the main differences I noticed here is that any request made was promptly attended to. The staff go out of their way to make sure that you're comfortable. I have seen other hotels including the Ramada Ahmedabad where I have to ask 3 or 4 times for something to be done and finally have to speak to the general manager and complain about the lobby manager. That is not the case here.
The location is very central; a drawback is that there is not a great view of the city. This is not very important to me. Another drawback is that the previous restaurant served more authentic local Indian food in the buffet than now. The Indian food now seems too rich and creamy for my taste. Nonetheless, there are good options for both Indian and other cuisines, and plenty of good restaurants can be found nearby in Ahmedabad. I would highly recommend this hotel especially for foreigners looking for a reputable hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank spatel300
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear spatel300

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 February 2014

it was pleasant surpise that this royal orchid property had become a Sheraton property and was starwood group member . The hotel is very nice place to stay with extremely courteous staff . It has a innovative lobby design with the first / mezzanine floor hosting restaurant which has a nice ambience and above average breakfast spread in terms of quality . The rooms are very comfortable and quiet and decently sized . There is a compact gym at the lobby level. The conferencing facilities and support services are very good . I would always like to stay here on my visit to Ahmedabad. A central location is an added advantage .

Room Tip: higher floors are better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear ajoykumar

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us.

My team and I would like to thank you for your positive comments, this will further motivate my associates to consistently deliver high quality of service. I will share your compliments with my entire team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We found some staff unfriendly and very un-cooperative with no flexibility.
Buffet breakfast was very lavish but totally tasteless, rooms were small and noisy.
Walk-in closet space inside was not very practical and having inside yet room had less space to move around.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
PunitSheth, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sunil2603

Greetings!!!

Thank you for spending your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

During the stay, we had your extension request, unfortunately due to high occupancy and sold out date, we could not honor your request.

Our aim is to provide you with honest, uncomplicated, comfort.

Regards,
Manan Vaishnav
Asst. Front Office Manager
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very Clean hotel, excellent hospitality from its staff. Very comfortable. The only bad thing is the pollution in the areas around the hotel, but we have to understand that this is not responsibility of the Hotel management. But if your travel takes you to this city, This is the best option.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony_391
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Tony_391

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed for a week at the hotel. It was one of the most exciting trip and a wonderful stay. Located in a very central position so that we can access any destination from there.The front office was very courteous and always willing to make our stay comfortable. Rooms were very clean. Room service was prompt and the food was delicious. The breakfast buffet spread was having a good variety of all the popular varieties of dishes. Housekeeping was efficient and well behaved. Overall a great stay .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deepakdr
PunitSheth, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear deepakdr