“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #12 of 161 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Lovely hotel, spacious, good location, good food.
Everything u ask for, is at Regenta
First time in a hotel i wanted to be in the hotel all the time. What else can anybody ask for in a hotel. Well done Regenta

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GM-Regenta, Front Office Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sparing your valuable time and giving us your feedback. It is our continuous effort to improve our services and we value your comments and suggestions.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your appreciation with my colleagues and they are highly motivated to provide the highest standards of service to our customers.

We at Regenta Ahmedabad value your patronage and sincerely look forward to your next visit to serve you.

Mandar Kumta
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is perfect for a day's overnight stay. Nice rooms with excellent breakfast menu makes it a wonderful place for a short visit. Service is good and the staff makes you feel comfortable. Would love to visit again

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GM-Regenta, Front Office Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay in Regenta Ahmedabad by Royal Orchid Hotels.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Regenta Ahmedabad . It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the friendly service you have received from us.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Regenta Ahmedabad by Royal Orchid Hotels.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was bit skeptical about choosing a cheaper hotel in Ahmedabad for my first time stay in the city but still i gave a go ahead to my booking agent. All proved wrong when i entered the hotel room and my goodness it was so beautiful from inside. Ample space to lie down, sleep, bath, twist and curl, it was so so good and believe me the facilities here though are limited but they are enough to satisfy your pleasure needs. Swimming pool at the rooftop was so refreshing and windy, it just cals down your senses.
Food is definitely good however Non-vegetarian wasn't of my likeability. A must try dish is Paneer Tikka which they make it in their own style.
Overall the room facility is of top class with quick room service and a breezy AC which never lets you down.

Room Tip: Even a Deluxe room gives you a feel of King Size room so go ahead and book it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with the Regenta Ahmedabad by Royal Orchid Hotels, we are very happy to hear about your positive experiences!

We are excited to hear that our staff was very helpful during your stay; we always want to be a positive part of all of our guest’s experiences. Additionally, it is nice to know that you were able to meet the comfort level of the facilities in the room and around the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about the Regenta Ahmedabad by Royal Orchid Hotels and we look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Ahmedabad.
Delhi
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Had a pretty decent experience staying here for a couple of days.. got a spacious room for what I paid, It was kind of them to allow me an early check-in at around 9 in the morning..

Front desk wasnt as experienced for my likings, though they tried hard.. had to call three times for toiletries which arrived after 1 hour from my first request.. bed was not as comfortable as I expected from a five star property.. Wifi wasnt free for my room plan..

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Abhi012
GM-Regenta, Front Office Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Regenta Ahmedabad!!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We really appreciate your comments and your feedback is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate.

Kindly accept our apologies for the issues that you have encountered whilst your stay with us and will ensure to take corrective measures.

We look forward in welcoming you back again. Thank you again for your time and response.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was here on 5/6 April for just a night on work purpose. So I didn't get to use many of its services. But from whatever little I experienced the hotel, I really liked it. Rooms are very specious, nicely done with minimal decoration and are well-maintained. The location is good; its close to the airport and my room overlooked the Sabarmati river. Check-in and check-out is fast. Staff is friendly. I didn't eat at any of its restaurants as I was there for less than 24 hours, but I ordered in-room dining. Food, i thought, was average and could have been better. I used their car to go to the airport; charges are quite competitive and car condition was also nice.

Room Tip: Take a room that overlooks the Sabarmati river
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM-Regenta, General Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay in Regenta Ahmedabad.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Regenta Ahmedabad.

Avinash Sehrawat
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 May 2014

At the onset,let me clarify I am not getting paid to write this review, though i wish i was! :)

This hotel was not my first choice but i ended up in it as it was the only good one with a bathtub and did i regret it? Not a bit!

The Check In was smooth and so was a room change for their much sought after view of Sabarmati River which is a royal treat to sore sleepy morning eyes! It took as little as 10 minutes for them to sort out my end moment request which was quite an impression they made!
The room was spacious and had natural light but the ac could have been better in the room as well as the hotel! My personal favorite area was a little extended bay window which was an added bonus.The bathroom amenities i think could have been better quality.

The housekeeping team especially Ms. Kiran and the manager Ms. Chhaaya were just great! She would check up on me everyday and it was very assuring for me as i was a single lady traveler and new to the city!

Sanjay in In Room Dining, The breakfast dosa chef(sorry to forget his name) and Shivam on the front desk were one of those who initiated a conversation and went out of their way to help! Though there were glitches and only a few human ones here and there, there were people to listen to my issues and correct them. Nothing a little training cant help!
Mr. Singh, the Food and Beverage Manager was one such person who addressed my concerns going out of his way. Well Appreciated!!

I feel the duty managers are missing from all action and could have been more involved. Also,there can be a sleep kit that can be provided for insomniacs like me!
It was a beautiful experience and a must go hotel when in Ahmedabad!

I give it 4 stars untill my next visit!

Room Tip: The Club rooms are good Take a Sabarmati view if possible!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM-Regenta, General Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 7 May 2014

Sudhir Jena
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I would remember this name Regenta, for a long time. This is largely because of the caring nature of a few people at the hotel. Of course, the facilities and amenities are on par with what is expected of hotels of this kind. Service too is okay. Location is good.

But, what really distinguishes this hotel and what really makes it memorable for me is a personal touch like no other. On the second day of my stay at the hotel, I was feeling a bit down with flu and headache for a day. During such times, one tends to pine for the love and attention of loved ones. Some staff led by a nice and warm lady in a senior position called Chhaya tried their utmost to make me feel at home, and they did. It just goes on to prove that genuine concern and care, as opposed to plastic smiles and well-rehearsed courtesies, go a long way towards making a guest feel comfortable and cared for.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Choose Sabarmati riverside rooms if you prefer a scenic view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank allgud
GM-Regenta, General Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 6 May 2014

Sudhir Jena