Cambay Grand Ahmedabad
US$52
  • Breakfast included
US$61
TripAdvisor
All reviewselectrical socketsbig hoteldeluxe roomhotel managementshort stayrooms are cleanthe heart of the citycourteous staffmarriageambiencebusinessrequirementsbanquetpurposegujarat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Cambay Grand is the first in my list for recommendation. It is lovely hotel, comfortable room, great ambiance, friendly staff. The Spa facilities and food are the best part of this luxury hotel. I have stayed in many hotels previously, but Cambay gave me a pleasurable experience. I stayed there with my family, and we had a great time. The staff took care of all our needs. They know how to treat their customers. Food is great! Prefect flavors, appropriate measure of spices. Location may not be perfect but it is well connected to the Highway.

Overall, it is a wonderful place to stay, and have a quality time with family.

Room Tip: Your stay will be incomplete without their Spa therapies.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aparna P
Saurabhgarg5, Public Relations Manager at Cambay Grand Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you Mam for your kind review. Encouragements like these from guests are like music to our ears. We hope we'd be able to meet up to your expectations in future also.
Regards

Reviewed 4 March 2013

we stayed in hotel for 3 days to attend a marriage. the rooms were nice and clean. hotel interior was fine. the toilets were clean and hygienic. but the towels were not being replaced till asked for. teabags and sugar sachets were to be ordered for replenishment. refrigerator provided in room was not working. twin beds were provided in rooms instead of double bed. food quality was good. restaurant was bit small to accommodate large number of guests. parking was tricky affair as there was no one to help. for luggage either you wait for a while or handle yourself. room service was not efficient. the important telephone numbers like desk, room service, laundry were not provided in room. you have to just dial some numbers with your experience. overall, nice place is marred by poor service.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Saurabhgarg5, Public Relations Manager at Cambay Grand Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you sir for your feedback. Guest service is at the top of our priority and we endeavor and normally pride ourselves for our service levels. We are learning, clearly there has been a shortfall on our part in your case, and we'll try our best to ensure this never happens again.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

It was my first overnight visit to A'bad and I was looking for good hotels reasonably close to IIM. Found this on MMT. Hotel looks very new even though it's about 10 years old. Rooms are good though lighting was bad. Also there weren't sufficient towels stocked up. However this was the first hotel I ever stayed in where my housekeeping requests were responded to within 2 minutes. Either there weren't many guests or else service staff is always on their toes - either way the service here is outstanding! They had a midnight buffet open and though the options were limited, the food was good. Breakfast spread was just ok, here again service was one of the best I've experienced. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay. With a few more tweaks, this hotel could be pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Saurabhgarg5, Public Relations Manager at Cambay Grand Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for the kind words, we'll continue to improve our service standards while noting and taking care of a few areas you've highlighted that need attention. Do give us a chance to serve you or your friends again sometime.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I recently stayed in the hotel for two days on 21-22 Feb 2013. The promoters have spent good time in designs and interior part of the hotel. It feels pleasant once you are in. Overall design seems spacious barring the rooms which are small compared to any other 5 star hotel.

What irritates about the hotel are small issues which should come by default in any star hotel.
- No one to help or guide you in parking area.
- No one helps in managing your luggage to reception/room.
- Hotel did not have a mobile charger although it was mentioned in the Guest Guide. On inquiring, the reception told me to charge in the waiting area where they have put a multi-pin charger but the pin required for Sony mobiles was broken and the staff did not care to make any alternate arrangement despite the fact that my phone was discharged nor did any of them offer their own mobile phone to use as an emergency. Room phone was not able to dial any outside number. I gave two numbers to the reception but they regretted that even they were not able to connect to the given numbers.
- During complete two days of my stay, the TV was not working. They sent some person who could not repair and went away saying he would inquire if it was working in other rooms. In the evening I again inquired but they said TVs are not working in entire hotel but when I went to restaurant for dinner I could see it was working in other rooms and also in restaurant. Room Service guys told me that Hotel does not have satellite TV. They operate normal cable TV connection.
- The second day evening when I returned to hotel from outside, the key was deactivated. From gym area I contacted reception. The guy asked me to come down to get the key reactivated as there was no other staff available who could be sent up.

These things are sin for a 5 star hotel which could be managed if the Manager/GM of the hotel had a little idea about guest expectations. They are not taking reviews seriously.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank come2kamal
Saurabhgarg5, Public Relations Manager at Cambay Grand Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you sir for your feedback. We assure you that we take all reviews seriously and make best efforts to improve our services and specific areas highlighted.
We are really sorry for the service shortcomings you faced, especially those concerning the TV and room service. We have taken steps to ensure that these are not repeated, mobile chargers are being procured and other service issues addressed.
Do give us a chance to serve you again!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Pretty average hotel when you see they claim they're 5 star and compare it with other 5 star hotels.

Goods:
- Good rooms. Neat clean and tidy.
- Staff is helpful and friendly.
- Close to highway, so good if you're on a tight schedule and want to run off to the airport.

Bads:
- Rooms are not sound proof. So you can hear a lot of traffic and other noise from outside the hotel rooms. Forget a sound sleep if there's a marriage going on.
- WHENEVER we asked for ala-carte, we were promptly forced to go for the buffet option. When we insisted that we want to eat ala-carte, they said it will take 30-45 mins. You can see they don't have staff in the kitchen.
- Buffet food was OK'ish. Nothing special.
- Breakfast buffet didn't have fruits/juices just bread potatoes eggs and things like that.
- The professionalism you expect from a 5 star is missing. The key got locked automatically next day, room was not serviced on day 2 (had to make a request) and things like that..

Overall, its a OK'ish place if you want to spend a couple of days in the city. Not much you can do inside the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
hormuz_mukadam, Manager at Cambay Grand Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

The property is a business hotel in the new city of Ahmedabad. For the ala-carte preparations it really takes a minimum of 30 minutes. The ala-carte food served is as per he taste of the guest.