“Nice and comfortable stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Skylon

Hotel Skylon
Hotel Skylon
Ranked #38 of 212 Ahmedabad B&B and Inns
Ahmedabad, India
“Nice and comfortable stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I would like to strongly recommend Hotel Skylon (Ahmedabad).

The hotel staff is extremely customer friendly and their customer service is top notch.

The hotel is located about 4 Kms away from Railway station and in near to Ashram Road.

Hotel rooms are spacious, clean and equipped with all required amenities

I found Hotel Skylon rates highly competitive.

Overall a real good value for money; strongly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jahnavi_brainwaves

Greetings from HOTEL SKYLON, Ahmedabad!!

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us. We are grateful to you for having taken out valuable time to post your review and feedback.

We are indeed happy to know that you had a satisfying experience at our hotel.

The primary objective of our hotel is to give you uncomplicated Comfort during your business trips.

We look forward to have you again with us. Once again along with all my associates I thank you for having stayed with us and look forward to your future stay.

Manager Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We are using Skylon for almost 2 years and this is best Hotel as per budget and all other Hotel related services. Thank to All of Skylon Team. Good location and near from Railway Station and easy to rach. Also this is budget Hotel.

Room Tip: Budget Hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

World
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

From the pictures it looks like a reasonably decent hotel, but when you turn up there, the horror story begins.

I was travelling by air to Ahmedabad and planned to stay there for 3 days. I had asked Skylon to arrange for a taxi pick-up at the airport and they confirmed over email that there will be a taxi waiting for me at the airport at the requested time. But when I landed, there was no taxi! I phoned them and they replied in a very unprofessional tone that the taxi wasn't there because they did not have my mobile phone number! Then they promised to send a taxi. The taxi driver called me after 10 minutes. He was very, very rude and said he'll be there after half an hour, as if doing me a favour. I asked him not to bother and hired a taxi from airport.

When I reached hotel, I realised it was just a small, ramshackle hotel within some creepy-looking complex of offices and shops. Nothing like what it looked on the Internet. The front desk staff were a joke - a bunch of unprofessional youngsters messing around - and I felt unsafe giving my ID etc. The elevator looked as if it might fall apart any time. The room wasn't clean either. The bed linen was dirty.

The bathroom was the worst. The towels literally had dark smudge-marks on them and smelled horrible. I didn't touch them any further. The air conditioning was extremely noisy - the bulky type that was used in the 1980s. The promised WiFi Internet did not work in the room - had to go out in the lobby area to get a signal! The hotel staff were thoroughly unprofessional, shouting and messing around with each other in the lobby.

All this made me feel really unsafe in the hotel. Because it was already night time by the time I arrived, I stayed overnight, but checked out as soon as it was dawn. I took a rickshaw and went to another hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the nice pictures shown on the Internet!! Find some other hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BeenThere0101
tbrahmbhatt, Manager at Hotel Skylon, responded to this review, 18 October 2013

Greetings from HOTEL SKYLON, Ahmedabad!!

On the Outset, I thank you for choosing HOTEL SKYLON Ahmedabad as your preferred choice of hotels during your recent visit in Ahmedabad.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for leaving your valuable comments behind thereby showing us our areas of improvement.

Whilst in no words can I express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us.

Sir, I request you to kindly take this incident as a one off case which for sure is not the reflection of the usually high standards of services which are followed by us at Skylon’s and hope the same should not stop you from coming back and staying with us.

Yours sincerely,
Twinkle Brahmbhatt
(Manager Sales & Marketing)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hi i'd been there for a business review and found the place to be a well organized with courteous enough well trained staff, i was over whelmed to see the property , of the course the stay is phenomenal specially for corporate.

I will surely staying at the same place when I will back in Ahmedabad.

Room Tip: Corner Suite is Large and Sunny
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rajyaguru
tbrahmbhatt, Manager at Hotel Skylon, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Was here for 2 days budget meeting, Hotel is located in Paldi near Nami Residency, staff was nice and with good rooms, neat and clean. It is cost effective and over all a good place to relax after budget meets and away from noise pollution.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hiro D
tbrahmbhatt, Director of Sales at Hotel Skylon, responded to this review, 17 May 2013

Bhuj, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

The location is in centre of city. Parking place limited. Service is really good. Rooms reasonably good. Price very reasonable. Staff is also good. Food served is really good. In short cost effective stsy

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank BMDHOLAKIA

Mysuru (Mysore), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We had stayed here for three days. We had a comfortable stay. Staff were cooperative. Food was average. This hotel is a bit difficult to locate. This is near VS Hospital and Pakwan Hotel. A normal color TV and No LCD. Hot water facility throughout the day. Room service was very good. Room was neat and clean. Bathroom was clean.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple