“Decent Hotel For Business Travel”
Review of Ramada Ahmedabad

Ramada Ahmedabad
Ranked #25 of 169 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week in March 2012 for a business trip to Ahmedabad. I did not book the hotel or compare to others in the area myself, so I cannot really comment on the value. I had certain expectations when I heard it was a Ramada and expected something similar to past stays at Ramada hotels in the United States. I was pleasantly surprised, though, and the room was much nicer than I expected. I only used the wireless internet on my first night and although it was fairly expensive, I didn't have any service issues. I ate breakfast and a few dinners at the buffet and everything was pretty good although I didn't try everything as I was being extra cautious and didn't have any fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, etc. after getting very sick my last time in India.

Overall I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, but I did have one strange experience. When a coworker came to settle part of the bill my first morning, they told us that they needed my signature for laundry. The issue was that I didn't leave any clothing to be laundered. I placed some of my clothing on top of the laundry form and bag in the closet, but didn't put any clothes inside or set the bag out. I am positive everything was closed up, so I was concerned to hear someone went through the closed closet and potentially took my clean clothes to be laundered just because they were on top of the laundry bag and form. We explained I didn't want anything cleaned and when I got back to the room all of my clothing was there so there wasn't an issue in the end, but it was a little strange. Despite this incident, I would definitely stay in this hotel again on any return trips to the office in Ahmedabad.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mau_nj

Reviewed 3 March 2012

My worst experience in a hotel...do not recommend at all!!!

1) I asked for my room rate in the 1st day and nobody answered.

2)I was charged 360rup daily of "Luxury Tax" which came from nowhere.

3) My room refrigirator did not work.

4) I was charged of 2 days internet and I didn't had wireless in my room. The staff confirmed that the router in the corridor of my room did not work, but I was still charged.

5) Staff was rude and incapable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Nuno G
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stay there two times and spend over 65 thousand last December I was there with my client and they were not able to resolve his internet problem for two days it’s really painful.
This time in Jan I was coming from Mumbai and I stay with family for one day there driver damage my car and when I call to hotel staff every one ignore it.
They really don’t care for your parking cars they even don’t clean your car even they don’t clean the from glass food and rooms were good but overall I am not satisfy with this hotel, I paid unnecessary 5K to repair my cars because of Ramada Ahmadabad Drivers mistake....
The ultimate problem is they replay my emails after 5 days and when they will tell you they are calling you back they will never call!
Sorry for bad review but its bitter truth!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank ssdulawat
Reviewed 29 December 2011

It is sitiuated at a new satellite town where you find the new shoppoing complexes eg Central Shopping complex and entertainment closeby.

It is quote a new hotel ( 2 years old) so the rooms are good. I stayed in a deluxe room with roomy interior, flatscreen TV, fridge,

They have 2 restaurants. Breakfast at lobby level and food variety is ok. Staff go out of the way to help us as 1 morning we need to have breakfast at 5.30am.

I have stayed in Le Meridien Ahmedabad ( old town area) and in terms of room interior, accessibility, Ramada wins in all areas. Even restaurant le meridien only have 1 .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I had the displeasure of having a buffet at the restaurant at Ramada Hotel. The food was okay but the staff was pretty bad.
The service in getting the food was damn slow, none of the items were available most of the time. Most of the sweets were lifted off between the meal.
To top it all the staff was pretty rude and we ended up paying much more than our bill because the waiters there can't do a proper headcount and are not even ready to listen to us.

One thing is sure, would never be visiting this sucky place again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank alphabetaomega
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have stayed in Hotel Ramada in Ahmedabad. Its really a value for money. The rooms are good, service is good and the food is really very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2011

After a tiresome journey and a hard day with non-ending official meetings, wanted to had a sound sleep, so checked in the four star rated Ramda hotel twice as costly as similar kind of hotels in Ahmedabad with my family.
Against my booking of superior king-sized bedroom, I was offered a double-bed room which they however agreed to change only at 10:30 pm. I ignored it as a normal service issue only to discover that I was trapped in the bathroom as the door lock was out of order which later on was confirmed by the service dept that it was an usual incident at Ramda. Fortunately, I had my mobile and called on my wife for help. The maintenance dept came to my rescue only after four calls from my wife. Moral of the story- “Always keep your mobile with you, even in the washroom.”
Horrified of again changing the room and getting locked, I declined the offer of the room change. After 45 minutes of toil in the bathroom to unlock the door, I got hungry and asked for the mini-meal. I was directed to their mid night buffet at ground floor, which sounded good to me.
When called up the house-keeping staff for the slipper, they simply denied the availability surprising me that in a hotel which claims to have four star status having around 90 plus room capacity, doesn’t keep stuff of the basic need.
There’s more to this story……..
As I had to leave in the early morning for Mumbai, I asked the house-keeping staff to get me the shoe shiner. To my disgust, the guy left a box of wax polish and brush in my room for me to polish the shoe myself……
Finally, I bid adieu to the four-starred hotel but only after waiting for one long hour for my bills print out and supporting which they promised to send by courier to my office. I seriously doubt the receipt of my bill’s supporting as this hotel is managed by totally immature people like some Road side "Dhaba walas".

Zero points, Ramada.