“Mixed Review”

and 1 more site!
The White Leaf Hotel and Vista Rooms
Ranked #116 of 231 Ahmedabad B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have mixed feelings on my stay at White Leaf. I arrived early in the morning after my flight from the US. The man at the front desk was polite and when I asked about wifi, he told me I'd get the password in my room. He never called my room with the password and it wasn't located anywhere in the room either. The same thing had apparently happened to my coworker when he checked in the day before. I'm sure I could have pursued it more, but I was so tired from my flights that I wasn't up for it. It was disappointing to not be able to easily let my family know I had arrived safely, though.

The room was nicely decorated and spacious, but definitely could have done with a little more cleaning. Nothing was very dirty, but many of the drawers for example weren't quite clean and I ended up not using some of them because of this. There were also a number of fixtures in the bathroom that were starting to rust a bit. There was also a day or two when the trashcan was not emptied and the toilet paper wasn't replaced when I had finished the roll.

The staff was very friendly and eager to do all that they could to help, though. This was good as my coworkers and I had a number of issues while we were there. One night I woke up with no electricity (and therefore no air conditioning and a VERY warm room). There was some miscommunication on the phone when I called the front desk, so I thought the entire hotel was without power. I laid back down until I couldn't take the heat anymore around 5 AM. When I went down to the front desk I found that it was just my room without power. They were quick to check out the problem and had to call a maintenance person to fix it. I appreciate that the problem was addressed as quickly as possible, but it was definitely a very uncomfortable night's stay.

We also had many issues with the internet, the worst being when the hotel was without wifi for almost 2 days. It was an issue with the service provider, not the hotel, so the staff could only do so much to get the issue resolved. It was finally taken care of, but definitely frustrating to not be able to check emails for work or check in with family back in the US.

On the plus side, the driver was great...picking us up from the airport and the office at the appointed times. A few times when he was not available, someone else from the staff would be sure to drive us.

With all that said, I'm not sure if I'd return to this hotel. The staff really was great, but I think I'd rather be somewhere that was a little more clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 July 2012

The rooms are spacious but need a little more grooming. Visible gaps between furniture arrangements is a little disappointing. The bed area was bright and was made up of vibrant color combinations but needs a little more attention to the cleanliness part of it.

Bath shower was not functional which showed lack of audits and check ups in rooms after check out.

Room Tip: Check Rooms and Bathrooms before checking in
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Shank81
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Nice small hotel which is clean, great location with nice service.

I stayed for one night and it was a great and comfortable stay.

Great location for those coming for marriage at the grand bhagwati and for those whow have work on SG highway.

the food is decent and the amibence is good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very Best in its Class !! Very good staff.. Excellent location and equally comfy Rooms. Food is also very good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nisha6614
Reviewed 14 January 2012

* Rooms were fairly big but sheets weren't clean. Stains on pillow case
* Key card needs to be used to switch on the power in the room but it seemed to be loose so the power kept going off every few MINUTES till the card was jiggered around with.
* Room service during the day was okay and food was tasty but at night it was another story. Got back to the hotel at 11pm. Was told that the restaurant was closed but we could order from the room. When we called from the room, we were told that the full menu was unavailable but we could get some sandwiches from the extremely limited 24hr menu. After placing our order at 11.30, we had to wait till 1am before the food reached us. The Non Veg Club Sandwiches were the worst I've ever tasted (picture included). They were toasted (burnt) only on one side and had a few pieces of chicken and egg in it. Yikes!!
* There is a hotel phone on the floor outside which rang incessantly and was almost as loud as the phone in the room. Horribly disturbing!!
* No hot water.. water was lukewarm

Room Tip: Choose a room away from that darn telephone on the landing.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MusicianDiaries
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Small hotel newly built big rooms and washrooms are big and neat.
Food very average not up to the mark. Main problem was they Wi fi services was missing.
It is located in a very peaceful area but you need to walk for 3/4 minutes before you can get local transport.

Room Tip: value for money
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business