“pathetic service and constant nagging on payment before check out”

The White Leaf Hotel and Vista Rooms
Ranked #111 of 212 Ahmedabad B&B and Inns
Ahmedabad, India
“pathetic service and constant nagging on payment before check out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

customers are chased up on the payment side before even check out. my guests had stayed at this hotel and we already paid 50% deposit in advance, but before even check out, they kept chasing us for full payment every hour on our phone, thereby spoiling our marriage celebrations, and on top of it denied guests their room keys to stay overnight, even as their check out was next day!!! ridiculous!!! moreover, at midnight they did not even let a pregnant women go to their room!!! Strictly not recommended!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rpranays

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Shillong, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is kind of late review. I visited the place in the first part of the year. The rooms were nice and clean. The decor was great, with each floor having a distinct color.
However, the service left much to be desired. We had to wait for a very long time for the food after it was ordered. Room service was always slow, and the waiters did not seem to care. Same was the situation with the complementary breakfast - most of the items took lot of time to be placed, once again no one seemed to bother.
I recommend this hotel for its rooms and cleanliness. As the room rates were not that low, one surely expects much better service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

I had a great experience while stay in this hotel. Everyone was helpful and so friendly that it felt like staying at home. I would always prefer to stay in this hotel whenever i visit Ahmedabad and will recommend everyone as well.

Room Tip: Always choose this hotel, best one in Ahmedabad.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

My first visit before a year was very comfortable,the rooms were clean,sheets and service all alright.but my recent visit in this month was not very good experience.Bathrooms were not at all maintained.Hand wash and shower gel has same liquid.Very very poor breakfast experience,people are running here and there without aim and collapse the service.WI FI is under repair never know from when?It has good location and lobby is quite good.I think they concern more about people in,not the service give for repetition.

Room Tip: Check price rooms and bathrooms.....
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Very comfortable, clean, friendly staff, good food. Strategically located on SG Highway provides the hotel with easy access, except one has to wait for an auto. The hotel staff obliges by seeking one for you. Very clean bathrooms and rooms. Good breakfast spread in the mornings. What else does one require?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have mixed feelings on my stay at White Leaf. I arrived early in the morning after my flight from the US. The man at the front desk was polite and when I asked about wifi, he told me I'd get the password in my room. He never called my room with the password and it wasn't located anywhere in the room either. The same thing had apparently happened to my coworker when he checked in the day before. I'm sure I could have pursued it more, but I was so tired from my flights that I wasn't up for it. It was disappointing to not be able to easily let my family know I had arrived safely, though.

The room was nicely decorated and spacious, but definitely could have done with a little more cleaning. Nothing was very dirty, but many of the drawers for example weren't quite clean and I ended up not using some of them because of this. There were also a number of fixtures in the bathroom that were starting to rust a bit. There was also a day or two when the trashcan was not emptied and the toilet paper wasn't replaced when I had finished the roll.

The staff was very friendly and eager to do all that they could to help, though. This was good as my coworkers and I had a number of issues while we were there. One night I woke up with no electricity (and therefore no air conditioning and a VERY warm room). There was some miscommunication on the phone when I called the front desk, so I thought the entire hotel was without power. I laid back down until I couldn't take the heat anymore around 5 AM. When I went down to the front desk I found that it was just my room without power. They were quick to check out the problem and had to call a maintenance person to fix it. I appreciate that the problem was addressed as quickly as possible, but it was definitely a very uncomfortable night's stay.

We also had many issues with the internet, the worst being when the hotel was without wifi for almost 2 days. It was an issue with the service provider, not the hotel, so the staff could only do so much to get the issue resolved. It was finally taken care of, but definitely frustrating to not be able to check emails for work or check in with family back in the US.

On the plus side, the driver was great...picking us up from the airport and the office at the appointed times. A few times when he was not available, someone else from the staff would be sure to drive us.

With all that said, I'm not sure if I'd return to this hotel. The staff really was great, but I think I'd rather be somewhere that was a little more clean.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

The rooms are spacious but need a little more grooming. Visible gaps between furniture arrangements is a little disappointing. The bed area was bright and was made up of vibrant color combinations but needs a little more attention to the cleanliness part of it.

Bath shower was not functional which showed lack of audits and check ups in rooms after check out.

Room Tip: Check Rooms and Bathrooms before checking in
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Shank81

Travellers are raving about these Ahmedabad hotels