“Excellent Service”

Ranked #32 of 159 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Pune, India
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Good service. I enjoyed my stay.
At reception Mr. Rohit was very helpful. The Duty manager was also very understanding and helpful. Please extend my thanks to Mr. Rohit and the DM.

The location and cleanness was also attractive. I would like to stay at your hotel again when I visit Ahmedabad.

Thanks!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vipin G
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed for 4 nights... gud hotel ,gud food loved the eggie/chicken noodles and Fern Club sandwich , Gym & Swimming pool should be constructed ASAP .... Free Internet browsing should be allowed to corporate customers ....

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CASubroto

Warm regards
Pune, India
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have stayed many times at The Fern in last few months & I find my stays very comfortable. Staff is very polite, helpful & efficient. Love the breakfast spread & "The Fern Club Sandwich".
Very nice location on the SG Highway, convenient if you have to visit places out of Ahmedabad & return the same day. Attached bathrooms are very clean infact the whole room is impeccable.
Service is very good.... Can't find any fault.
All that you want on a tight business trip!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sachin_Pune76

Reviewed 19 August 2012

It is a very good. A luxurious hotel in its own class.
Has all the facilities a hotel weather you are there for business trip or for vacation with family.
Has got good spacious, clean and luxurious rooms with all facilities like WiFi, LCDs, good bathrooms etc.
Restaurant serves good multicuisine food and it has a 24 hr coffee shop (The Garden Cafe) so you won't sleep hungry if you are late.

Room Tip: If budget is not a constraint, choose suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rahul_upadhyay

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The Fern was booked for me online by someone who has stayed in the best of the best (including the Ritz Carlton and the Waldorf) by just looking at the photos displayed in the hotel website. It was therefore a heart warming experience to meet some of the most pleasant, helpful reception staff and the room. The view from the room was great: cricket match played like the one on the village green I saw in England, cattle grazing in the distance, trains all reminiscent of good old days.

What struck me the most was the genuinely helpful staff, which is really the USP of the hotel. Right down from the Duty Magager Mr. Galway, Reception staff - Varun, Sanjeev, Ms. Raval, restaurant manager Mr. Kumar, the Head Steward Imtiaz and the rest - practically every one went out of his or her way to help without being intrusive. The food was excellent with a wide choice in the buffet, fresh fruit and beverages to suit individual tastes (no alcoholic drinks, please).

Having stayed in some of the best hotels both in the US and the UK, I could compare various aspects of the Fern with them, the best being the guest orientated service approach, genuine warmth and willingness to serve the guests.

One of the happiest stays in any hotel in India.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Sola Overbridge have excellent view, especially above the fifth floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here for two days last weekend and was very happy with my stay. The staff is very helpful and really go out of the way to help you. The rooms are very spacious and with huge glass windows that look out to a vast emptiness and a train track faraway.

They do not have a gym or swimming pool but i missed neither of them. The food is average and nothing exceptionally great. The breakfast buffet is a good spread. What stood out for me is the spacious room and the automated curtains that you can control by lying down on the bed.

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor as you will see a vast expanse from your window.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AvikC

mumbai
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Ahmedabad most beautiful hotel on main S.G.Highway connecting gandhinagar,capital of Gujarat and many nearest attctions like Adalajvava,and sola Temple and gujarat high court.
Good ambiance,attractive elivation,parking and wide and big rooms
good management,nioce restaurant shefs,cook and service staff.
mr Garasiya Rwestaurant manager is very helping
worth to eat,and stay

Room Tip: The front side at road is litle noisy but opposit roadside is very peaceful
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends