“Good business hotel”
Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

The Fern Ahmedabad
Ranked #23 of 169 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Spent a night at the hotel on s g highway.Good location near airport but away from rail station. Good service sand the buffet dinner was excellent. Rooms were spacious well furnished and clean with all modern amneties. Small lobby with a single restaurant but quality of food was good and well served. Value for money. Only the approach road is not good with no proper directions. Reception could have been better on arrival and more prompt for a business hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Family of 4 syated here in Aug 12 for one night as we had a onward journey , i have to say i was very pleased with the hotel right from airport pick up to checking out.

Buffet Breakfast could have been a bit better as per the standard of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SANJAY P

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Good service. I enjoyed my stay.
At reception Mr. Rohit was very helpful. The Duty manager was also very understanding and helpful. Please extend my thanks to Mr. Rohit and the DM.

The location and cleanness was also attractive. I would like to stay at your hotel again when I visit Ahmedabad.

Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vipin G

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed for 4 nights... gud hotel ,gud food loved the eggie/chicken noodles and Fern Club sandwich , Gym & Swimming pool should be constructed ASAP .... Free Internet browsing should be allowed to corporate customers ....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CASubroto

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have stayed many times at The Fern in last few months & I find my stays very comfortable. Staff is very polite, helpful & efficient. Love the breakfast spread & "The Fern Club Sandwich".
Very nice location on the SG Highway, convenient if you have to visit places out of Ahmedabad & return the same day. Attached bathrooms are very clean infact the whole room is impeccable.
Service is very good.... Can't find any fault.
All that you want on a tight business trip!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sachin_Pune76

Reviewed 19 August 2012

It is a very good. A luxurious hotel in its own class.
Has all the facilities a hotel weather you are there for business trip or for vacation with family.
Has got good spacious, clean and luxurious rooms with all facilities like WiFi, LCDs, good bathrooms etc.
Restaurant serves good multicuisine food and it has a 24 hr coffee shop (The Garden Cafe) so you won't sleep hungry if you are late.

Room Tip: If budget is not a constraint, choose suite
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rahul_upadhyay

Reviewed 11 August 2012

The Fern was booked for me online by someone who has stayed in the best of the best (including the Ritz Carlton and the Waldorf) by just looking at the photos displayed in the hotel website. It was therefore a heart warming experience to meet some of the most pleasant, helpful reception staff and the room. The view from the room was great: cricket match played like the one on the village green I saw in England, cattle grazing in the distance, trains all reminiscent of good old days.

What struck me the most was the genuinely helpful staff, which is really the USP of the hotel. Right down from the Duty Magager Mr. Galway, Reception staff - Varun, Sanjeev, Ms. Raval, restaurant manager Mr. Kumar, the Head Steward Imtiaz and the rest - practically every one went out of his or her way to help without being intrusive. The food was excellent with a wide choice in the buffet, fresh fruit and beverages to suit individual tastes (no alcoholic drinks, please).

Having stayed in some of the best hotels both in the US and the UK, I could compare various aspects of the Fern with them, the best being the guest orientated service approach, genuine warmth and willingness to serve the guests.

One of the happiest stays in any hotel in India.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Sola Overbridge have excellent view, especially above the fifth floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo