“Nice hotel different from others in Ahmedabad”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

The Fern Ahmedabad
Ranked #34 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel different from others in Ahmedabad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Nice hotel with decent rooms, furnishings, cleanliness standards. Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets are also good. Just as well since there isn't much located in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. I thik there is a lot of development still taking place of town (Sg highway).

Gym was really small. I think it was just a room with 2/3 machines in there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

They are a year old but still havent got it right....waited for a hour at check out as their one and only bell boy had gone for a break shift, their gym is not operational, very short staffed [the front office receptionist actually came up to our room to get our bags].

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RobenDass
Fernhotels, Public Relations Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you for feedback. We have let the front office manager know of your experience and are pleased to share that our front office team is back to full strength.

Please continue to share your experiences as it the best way we can receive constructive and direct feedback as a means to improve our services.

We look forward to your visit again.
St Helens, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights during the India v England Test Match and could not have wished for a better hotel. The rooms were clean, comfortable and inviting while the restaurant offered a good range of foods at reasonable prices given the quality of the hotel. With Gujurat being a dry state, no alcohol was available but the various soft drinks provided an acceptable alternative - especially the cold coffees with ice cream and sweet lime sodas.

All staff were helpful and courteous - this proved particularly useful in getting auto rickshaws, providing detailed instructions to the drivers and advising the price before we set out.

We have no hesitation in recommending the Fern and will stay here again if we return to Ahmedabad.

For anyone coming to the hotel, ensure that you have the address written down as only drivers located close to the hotel know where it is. Nevertheless, we had no difficulty finding our way as the auto rickshaw drivers merely showed the address to people until they found someone to guide them!

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tabascoleathergrain

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed at the Fern for 2 nights just before the divali festival. The service of the staff was great, being attentative to your every need. The rooms were spacious and were well maintained throughout the day. Really enjoyed the breakfast, which had a variety of excellent options. It will be an even better hotel once all their facilities are opened. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nischa

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

It was a real nice experience staying at The Fern. The staff was very pleasant and the rooms were excellent in terms of cleanliness n maintenance. The controls inside the room for light, curtains etc.were quite hi tech. Location of the hotel was nice,accessible from all major points in the city. Overall extremely satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank krishtaurus

Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Ahmadabad is growing very fast these days. It has two big ring roads around it to avoid the main city traffic. One is S.G Highway which is well connected with 132 ring road. 2nd is S.P.Ring road which mainly run parallel to the outer village areas, which are not a part of municipal area. Hotel Fern is situated on the S.G.Highway. This beautiful hotel has various kind of rooms to stay in. All the windows of the rooms have beautiful landscape of far green areas of the city. Well connected with the airport by traffic free roads. Gujarat High court, Capital Gandhinagar, all big malls, Pharmaceutical sez, Nal sarovar lake, Akshardham is nearby.I recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jiturajgor

Roeselare, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Excellent service, friendly/polite staff, rooms were neat, ... cost is very very acceptable, breakfast is nice, staff offered FOC drink & warm towel to refresh upon arrival, rooms are very clean, spacious and modern (domotica is there), the hallway is sented, ... no complaints what so ever, I will stay there again during my next business trip - without any doubt. This hotel is failry new, I hope towards the future it will keep earning these excellent reviews.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business