“Good hotel”
Review of Riverview Hotel

Riverview Hotel
Ranked #52 of 160 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is nice. It is good for a three star hotel. The staff were good and tried to do their best. My only issue is that the rooms could have been cleaner - I am certainly no clean freak either. Otherwise the rooms were spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank apj101
AlwaysRiverviewHotel, General Manager at Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Always Riverview!!!

Thank you for choosing Hotel Always Riverview for your recent stay in Ahmedabad.

We are grateful for your review on TripAdvisor, also we're glad that you liked our services and we are always eager to hear from you about what you like more to be added to our services, will have also noted your point of concern and will rectify the same.

Thanks once again, and we hope you'll choose Hotel Always Riverview the next time you're in Ahmedabad.

Thanks & regards

There are newer reviews for Riverview Hotel

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Pleasantly surprised by this "business hotel", which began with free pick-up at the airport.

Room was clean and modern and beds were comfortable. TV, fridge and tea maker in the room made relaxing all the more easy. Location surprisingly quiet at night.
Staff was helpful and attentive. They arranged daytrips to Patan and Modhera. Generous buffet breakfast inclusive of cost of the room and the dining room provided snacks or dinners into the evening hours.

I would definitely return again if heading back to Ahmedabad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
AlwaysRiverviewHotel, General Manager at Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

We appreciate and thank you for giving us your valuable feedback.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and trying our level Best to provide a Homely Hospitality to all our valued Guests with smiling Faces and active hospitality we hope it will make all guests stay memorable.We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that my team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisors." Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Good hotel but with very average maintenance. Staff is average. Breakfast does not offers much as they have very limited choices in the buffet breakfast. how ever on the other hand the room service provides the much tasty food with the impeccable service. Rooms are spacious and clean but can be maintained in the much better way.

Room Tip: Ask for road facing room, gives you a good view of sabarmati.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
AlwaysHotelRiverview, General Manager at Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Always Hotel Riverview , Ahmedabad !!!

We appreciate and thank you for giving us your valuable feedback.
we are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and trying our level Best to provide a Homely Hospitality to valued Guest, smiling Faces, active hospitality will make all guests stay memorable.We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that our team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisors." Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us".

We look forward to welcome you back and make your stay comfortable and more enjoyable .

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

It definitely goes with the name 'RiverView'...From my window at the 3rd floor,the Sabarmati looked marvelous especially during the sunset.
Rooms were better than my expectation as compared to the tariff. Staffs were very warm and gentle.
The bad stuff: If you are expecting good food after a tiresome day at work than you should have other options ready, the menu and the food was a definite NO NO for me!
Worst of all: The word 'Green Tea' is a foreign word to them...Grrr

Room Tip: Do get the executive rooms with River view..3rd Floor is the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate and thank you for giving us your valuable feedback.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and trying our level Best to provide a Homely Hospitality to all our valued Guests with smiling Faces and active hospitality we hope it will make all guests stay memorable.We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that my team members were successful in meting your expectation and went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable.
However we are disappointed that we could not satisfy you on our food part I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisors.We have inducted the GREEN TEA with immediate effect in our hotel as a result of your feedback.

Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us.We look forward to welcome you & your friends back at our hotel to make your stay even more comfortable and more enjoyable .

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel - while it is a 3 star budget hotel, the rooms could just as easily be from a 4 star hotel. Very nice and clean, good breakfast spread and conveniently located. The staff were friendly and helpful and their restaurant has good food (although the dinner service was quite slow). All in all, really good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rishabh S

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Dear all,
I stayed in this hotel on a business trip in Dec 2013 for almost for a week.New property.Clean rooms with good quality upholstery.Excellent buffet breakfast.It was complimentary in my package....Service is prompt.Of course the staff do increase their promptness if you tip them.And I guess nobody minds tipping 10-20 bucks per trip if you are treated like a king.
Did my booking from trip advisor,the window took me to travelguru and I got a steal offer.Rs.1586/- for a room(single occupancy) which cost 3500/-.Okay; even if one directly walks in the hotel they offers for 2800/- at max... but getting it for so less was thanks to trip advisor .The first hand reviews/photos by people on this website helped me a lot.....I too was reading just like you....then...made a mental note and did the booking.
The food was excellent.24 hrs room service was impressive.Free pick and drop from airport was complimentary in my package which saved me another 800-900 bucks.More than that it left me free or worrying in a new city for the first time.... where the taxi wala will take me ....will he just go around the city to increase the mulla on his meter....just relax and enjoy the taxi ride with the hotel vehicle.[they even paid the airport parking charges of approx 60/-rs both times]
I know lots of hotels do it ,but I guess 3 star hotels rarely offer so much complimentary.
Maybe travel guru and trip advisor were responsible for so many freebies added into the package.
Anyways I am happy.They took good care of me.Service was excellent.Professional staff.Would like to thank the manager and front office staff Mr.Dinesh.... who was promt in explaining everything including hidden charges,complimentary offers etc etc..and convinced me to make the booking online with his smart conversation...once again thanks for a wonderful stay.
Will definitely come back again if visiting ahmedabad ........because its centrally located from all the tourist destinations too.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back side(river view) are quiet.Dont miss the buffet breakfast-its sumptous.Airport pic...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MilitarySurgeon
AlwaysHotelRiverview, General Manager at Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Always Hotel Riverview , Ahmedabad !!!

We appreciate and thank you for giving us your valuable feedback.
we are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and trying our level Best to provide a Homely Hospitality to valued Guest, smiling Faces, active hospitality will make all guests stay memorable.We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that these team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisors." Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed there for 2 days. Hotel service was really good. I had a very comfortable stay there. Staff was really helpful. The breakfast buffet there, was amazing and so good. Rooms were nicely furnished and maintained. I had a very comfortable stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SumitRathore
AlwaysHotelRiverview, General Manager at Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Always Hotel Riverview , Ahmedabad.