“Nice Hotel, Depressing View”

Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad
Ranked #2 of 160 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The view of the river is depressing, as it is a filthy stream full of human detritus. Moreover, a road is being put through between the hotel and the river and a few really poor people are living there in thrown together shacks.

The hotel is OK but there is nothing special about it. Room service was efficient but the food pretty ordinary... and always cold when it arrived.

The room was comfortable but quite cramped and the pillows were solid rubber and it was hard to get a good night's sleep.

I wish the concept of 'eggs over easy' wasn't so hard for people to grasp... no, not an omelette, nor a sunny side up (half raw) egg and please do not deliberately break the egg.

I also hated the over attentiveness of the staff at breakfast... I really do not want someone to bring my toast etc... but then I am a grumpy old man!

I used the computer room where I free WiFi turned out to be the half hour that would have been free in my room. It really is stupid charging people through the nose for WiFi these days instead of upping the room price and giving it free... bad marketing.

I was also rather saddened by how much had been spent on the foyer and its furnishings, and how much space devoted to it instead of better equipping bigger rooms.

One of our party was taken ill and the staff did organise a doctor (a good one too) very quickly.

Not exceptional by any means but not exceptionally pricey either.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad.

We have taken a serious note of your observations especially regarding the quality and delivery of food and apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Your feedback will only help us improve. We have re-briefed and re trained our food production team to handle this better.

Re your observations about the room size and pillow preference we would like to inform you that we offer rooms of varying sizes, which are priced appropriately. Customers, who prefer bigger rooms with queen/king size beds, can choose an appropriate room while booking. We are also sorry to know you did not have a restful sleep with us. We offer an adequate pillow menu and would be happy to provide you the pillow of your choice when you visit us next.

For the benefit of our guests, Internet services in our business center are provided free 24X7 and in rooms guests can avail 60 minutes free WiFi per day throughout their stay with us. Currently, we are offering also Free WiFi 24X7 to all guests who book to stay with us through our website lemontreehotels.com at any of the 25 hotels that we have in 15 cities across India.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.pah1@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at the Lemon Tree in February and what a delightful stay we had, The staff were absolutely great and nothing was ever too much trouble.

The housekeeping was great, Chirag made sure we were comfortable and we always came back to a lovely decorated room with beautiful swan towels and dry clothes that we had washed. it is the small details they really matter and memorable.

The Citrus cafe was great, we had breakfast their every morning and even dinner their a few evenings, the staff were great and well managed by Depunker who always had a smile on he's face. The Chef Rama was excellent, he would always make the effort to come and say hello and get feedback on the food how it can be improved and what ideas we had as to expanding the menu. The selection of food was great all day and so was the standard.

The Reception staff were very welcoming and accommodating, we had many parcels delivered to the hotel and each time we would receive a phone call following up and making sure we received exactly what we asked for.

The overall experience was outstanding; i would defiantly be visiting again and recommend the hotel to all of my friends and family who visit.

They did inform me that they are currently re-decorating the rooms as they are slightly dated in comparison to the rest of the hotel, however the overall experience makes up for that as we had everything we needed and staff went above and beyond to cater to our requests.

Thanks to all of the team.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to lemon Tree Premier “The Atrium, Ahmedabad. I am delighted to hear that you all had a memorable stay.

I am extremely happy to learn that we could exceed your expectations with pleasant and courteous service and you had a memorable stay with us. I thank you for recognizing efforts of my team members especially Chirag for those small efforts to ensure you have comfortable stay in your rooms, Chef Rana for his kindness and eagerness to get feedback about the food and checking on you, Dipankar for being welcoming & of the front desk team to ensure that if you have received what you had asked for. I am very confident that your kind words of appreciation will certainly motivate our entire team to always strive to provide excellent hospitality.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.pah1@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great stay here while on business some moons ago. If anyone is staying in the city, this hotel is nicely situated just at the start of the old city and across from the new city. The location does make for some great site seeing and the staff both in hotel and spa are always more than willing to look after you.

Room Tip: non smoking room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to lemon Tree Premier “The Atrium, Ahmedabad. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

I am extremely happy to learn that we could exceed your expectations with pleasant and courteous service and you had a memorable stay with us. I thank you for recognizing efforts of my team members especially the spa team; I am very confident that your kind words of appreciation will certainly motivate our entire team to always strive to provide excellent hospitality.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

i had stayed there two nights,
the hotel is best and staff is quiet good not good its best staff,
the service given is best, specially the person named ABNISH , i specially thanks him such beautiful experience with the hotel.
if any one want to book hotel in ahmedabad , don't think just booked it

Room Tip: whole hotel is best
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

It was indeed pleasure to know that, you enjoyed the services offered here. I thank you for recognizing efforts of our team and specially mentioned Abnish . I am very sure that your kind words of appreciation will certainly motivates the entire team to always strive to provide authentic hospitality.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.pah1@lemontreehotels.com> and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My colleague and I have just returned from a 3 week trip in Ahmedabad, staying at the Lemon Tree Premier: The Atrium Hotel. We had an excellent stay and would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone visiting the city. It is in a great location on the Sabarmati river just in the Old City, Khanpur.

The whole hotel team made us feel very welcome, right from arrival and before. Abhijeet Dhumal helped me iron out some minor booking issues while I was still in the UK and was there to meet us when we arrived. Throughout the stay, he and the management staff were always on hand in case we had any queries.

We had breakfast everyday and ate lunch/ dinner in the cafe citrus numerous times. The food was very good and the service also very good too.

We didn't use the pool or spa facilities so we cannot comment on these, but the business centre was very good, with full printing facilities (colour) which we used a lot.

Housekeeping was absolutely superb. I cannot overstate how much comfortable they made our stay. I was very impressed when a couple of my items of clothing were repaired without any prompting from me. It's this attention to detail that I found to be particularly noteworthy about this stay.

It is not that common for people to stay for over three weeks in the same hotel (well, not for me) and the whole hotel team came out on the last night to say goodbye, with a cake (thank you Rana!), bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly (this is Gujarat remember - a dry state), gift and complimentary dinner. Things like this made our stay memorable.

My little boy is already enjoying playing with the gift of the replica Gandhi handloom - a perfect reminder of my Ahmedabad stay!

All in all, an excellent hotel and I really would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ahmedabad. And don't forget to go on the Old City heritage walks - morning AND evening for a taste of the Old City.

Room Tip: We had a riverfront view which we can recommend.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicola_Dempsey
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Premier “The Atrium, Ahmedabad. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

I am extremely happy to learn that we could exceed your expectations with pleasant and courteous service and could make your very long stay in the hotel a memorable one by small gestures. I thank you for recognizing efforts of my colleague Abhijeet, Chef Rana and housekeeping team for their eyes for detail; I am very confident that your kind words of appreciation will certainly motivate our entire team to always strive to provide excellent hospitality. And trust you had a successful visit to Ahmedabad, wish you all the best for your forthcoming book as well.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Last week visited the hotel. I liked the food and yes the f & b staff was really friendly and i still remember one name Mr. Sanjay Kaushik.
He really made me to try some good dishes of Ahmedabad since it was my 2nd visit to the city.
Over all experience was good and i enjoyed my evening.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am extremely happy to learn that we could exceed your expectations with pleasant and courteous service and you had a memorable stay with us. I thank you for recognizing efforts of my team members specially mentioned Sanjay Kaushik, i will convey your apperciation to him. I am very confident that your kind words of appreciation will certainly motivate our entire team to always strive to provide excellent hospitality.

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Fresh oasis located in a more calm street away from busy Ahmmedabad but also few step away from old city.Choose room with river view to have à good nigth sleep away from noise.No need to fond restaurant because buffet very good with nice staff.All employees very help full and very good management.Nothing to complain.rating 9/10.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am extremely happy to learn that we could exceed your expectations with pleasant and courteous service and you both had a memorable stay with us. I thank you for recognizing efforts of my team members; I am very confident that your kind words of appreciation will certainly motivate our entire team to always strive to provide excellent hospitality.

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India