Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad
  • Free Internet
US$57
US$49
  • Breakfast included
The House of MG(Ahmedabad)
US$86
US$73
US$65
US$56
US$72
US$62
Priceline
All reviewsriver viewvalue for moneyneeds renovationbusiness hotelnorth indianconference hallbusiness tripbreakfast spreadmorning breakfastcomfortable staycomfortable hotelhotel is locatedroom service iscourteous staffthe hotel staffhis teamnice place to stay
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Extremely bad service. I had Barbeque dinner at one night because of the advertisement at hotel.Only 2 barbeque dishes were available which were worst in taste. Restaurant food charges were high but the food was of bad taste. Room amenities were not sufficient.

Hotel staff is just wasting the resources.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Atul_CRA
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Mr. Atul,

Greetings!!

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which has affected your coming to Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. I will certainly set right and take necessary corrective measures immediately, please give us an opportunity to serve you again.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through a company and it was advance booking. So I couldn't see the room before check in. And after check in I was shocked to see the room size. I booked standard room for 2800 plus taxes and there was not even double bed in room. Intact for the first time I found torn towels in a hotel like this. Hot water takes at least 20 mins to reach your washroom tap. But I had to leave in morning at 5 for a flight to lucknow so I just made a verbal complaint to the guy at reception. I don't think property is being maintained in a better way and I won't recommend anybody to book at least a standard room in this property.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ripun G
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

It was really a wonderful experience, all staffs were cooperative in fact committed to service. Veg foods are amazing but ample scopes of modification so far non-veg foods are concern. I really enjoyed my stay. The only thing what i think missing is that there should be some printed literature regarding tourist places of attraction and car facility arrangement from hotel end on rent basis so that tourist get assure of safe travel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Came here with a group of 3 others, staying in 2 rooms for a total of 5 nights, over 2 separate stays while on business. The staff were helpful and courteous. The rooms were clean, breakfast in the hotel was great with great service. The only thing that was not convenient was the lack of free wifi. It cost a lot of money for 24 hours worth and was an extremely complicated process, which was nearly impossible for visitors from outside India without cell phone access. The other hotels I've stayed at in India offer free wifi, and just give you a password. Other than that, had an excellent stay here, would recommend it to a friend, except the only other minus was that the hotel is not located in the most convenient location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your positive comments are much appreciated. We have noted the concerns and will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

My wife and I liked this place. The rooms were on the small side, but they were clean. The staff were helpful and friendly.

The Indian food was really good. The western food was average.

We stayed for 2 nights in Feb 2013 and enjoyed it.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet had bad western breakfast food, but good Indian food.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel hospitality and facilities, and hope to serve you again soon.