“Sarovar stay was plesant”

Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad
Ranked #128 of 157 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Bangalore
“Sarovar stay was plesant”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a day. I had got a room facing the river very nice view. Overall the room was good, can be turned into excellent through small changes. The people are very service oriented and they helped me in all ways. I just had the complementery breakfast which was really good. I would like to mention a special thanks to Mr S Roy, he helped me with all my query's and I could also see him helping others.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ranganath V
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

Our efforts are always driven to ensure that the guest satisfaction is of prime importance. I truly believe that improvement is a continuous process and I assure you my personal attention will be put to areas of your concern, which are highlighted by your good self.

We look forward to welcome you back soon with assurance of better and improved services.

gmapo@sarovarhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had read a lot about this hotel on tripadvisor however since this was close to my place of work I decided to stay here anyways. I reached the hotel to find my self listening to a weird conversation between a guest and hotel reception. Apparently the reception had sent someone else to a room which was already occupied. First impression not good ofcourse. The man at the reception was so bothered with this conversation that instead of my booking details he printed someone else booking details twice and that resulted in me waiting for 20 mins.
Next i asked for a scissor as i had to unpack and cut the security tag. It took 45 mins and 3 phone calls for them to get the scissor by that time i had already unpacked.
The rooms are small with hardly any place to move around. the batch tub is unclean. I had a room with a good view that was a plus.
The food is ok. I ate breakfast for 2 days and found the menu to be the same on both days with 2 changes in the overall menu. Paneer tikka are tough and can be avoided. i liked the chicken which was soft and nicely cooked.
They have a decent gym. The best part is the sleep quality. no one really bothers you. And hence the 3 stars. I have stayed and other Sarovar and this was really a let down,

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden or River
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank s_kumta
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Mr. Kumta,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

Your positive comments are much appreciated. I am disheartened to note your unsatisfactory experience at the Reception and with the House Keeping. Please be assured that the same has been shared with the concerned team and the department heads for corrective measures and improvement.

Kindly accept my sincerely apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.

We look forward to your continued support and patronage to Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

KOLKATA
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Please come here to learn how poorly a hotel can be run. I fail to understand why such a prominent chain hotel group pays such a step motherly attitude to their own hotel in the chain. I will suggest every one to stay away from it. The staffs are doing their duty and for any request the first attempt is to find a reason not to do it, ask for a soap and they do not have, the towels are the ones which were used when the sarovar started the operation of the hotel. Believe me I have stayed in this hotel several years back and used to love it as it was so lively but now without compulsion one should never stay there. The food is horrible as well as the menu and the choices. Overall the worst seen hotel in last several years in India

Room Tip: Avoid staying
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Samir S
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have loved my stay at Hotel Sarovar Portico. The the hotel is located in between the main city and the airport. Memorable moments about the hotel is the morning breakfast at the river facing restaurant and the scenic beauty of Sabarmati river.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hospitality and facilities, and hope to be of service to you again soon.

Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel in April 2014 with my wife & kid. I had a bad experience. I had booked it in advance for 2 adults & 1 child. when i reached hotel i was told to seat in waiting lounge till they work out which room they can provide me after seating 15 mins the handed me the key then a security guy who stands on door guided us to the room and worst thing was room has 2 small bed in which a single person so it was not comfartable for 3 of us to adjust. when i called reception they said there is no king size bed room available no but he will surely shift me to another room tomorrow. my trip was of 2 nights & 3 days i was not even being told or reminded for that shifting to another room so it was not at all acceptable for such a standard hotel chain to treat there customers like this. breakfast was good restaurant was also nice rooms were ok

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am personally dismayed to know of the incident which affected your pleasant stay. We have noted the concerns you have highlighted and please be assured that the same has been shared with the concerned team and the department heads for corrective measures and improvement. We will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused.

gmapo@sarovarhotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Ahmedabad hotels

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 10 March 2014

cleanliness is not maintained , Lifts: Elevators are outdated don't work properly ,Bathrooms need to be maintained, I belive this property is very old & is not renovated after Sarovar Group has taken over.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disheartened to note your unsatisfactory experiences. Please be assured that the same has been shared with the concerned team and the department head for corrective measures and improvement.

Both the guest elevators are upgraded and are now in for interiors. We are in to a phase-wise of room renovations and would be glad to have our newly renovated rooms given/blocked for you on your next visit should you give us the opportunity in future.

I once again apologize for the inconveniences caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have enjoyed my stay at Hotel Sarovar Portico for my business tour. The the hotel is located in between the main city and the airport. Memorable moments about the hotel is the morning breakfast at the river facing restaurant and the scenic beauty of Sabarmati river.

Room Tip: Select the river facing rooms so that you can enjoy the scenic beauty.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nair027
Bernard_Fernandez, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcome you back soon.