“Good Accommodation”

Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Haridwar, India
“Good Accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Hotel is located with slightly difficult entry. The rooms are nice clean rooms with minimum facilities. Hotel provides free Wifi and breakfast. The breakfast has minimum choices but may be taken as o.k. The staff at reception is well mannered. Hotel lacks its own restaurant and the Asia Kitchen is just tolerable with good staff. The choice of menu in the restaurant is limited.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors are better as hotel is on road side.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel in regards to our services and team making the difference. We are glad you had an excellent time at our hotel.

Express Manager - Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad Ashram Road

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

the first time I have stayed in HI express hotel and am impressed with its minimal but basic facilities. USP--- Location, Free wifi, Free breakfast.
though location is central the access is cumbersome. wifi is good but speed is an issue at times, breakfast is minimalistic but adequate. lacks a restaurant but has an adjacent asia kitchen catering to inhouse and external clientele with a separate entrance from outside. need to add few vending machine dispensing coffee. while room service is limited in service from the asia kitchen it also provides deliveries from nearby which they need to increase additional ones

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel in regards to the offerings of Location, Wifi & Breakfast.

We are glad you had an valued time at our hotel during your stay with us at the same time you also have bought to our notice the Wifi speed which where you faced speed issues. Also we do have tea and coffees available that can be served after breakfast and some light to bite on.

It makes me feel really proud, and I can assure you that your words will motivate our team to aim even higher in our efforts to delight our guests. At the same time we do take guest feedback very seriously which helps us target and improve on our products and service.

I would like to thank you for taking out your time and effort for leaving us with a feedback for your stay.

Express Assistant Manager - Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad Ashram Road
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Good biz hotel to stay in Ahmedabad Good biz hotel to stay in Ahmedabad Good biz hotel to stay in Ahmedabad Good biz hotel to stay in Ahmedabad Good biz hotel to stay in Ahmedabad Good biz hotel to stay in Ahmedabad

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Tejash,

Greetings and thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel.

We are glad you had an excellent time at our hotel during your stay with us.

I would like to meet you in person on your next stay with us.

Looking forward to meet you.

Express Assistant Manager - Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad Ashram Road
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

An Express Hotel but well located- nice clean rooms, decent breakfast, even have room service and outdoor catering - Macdonalds, subway etc. Polite staff - speedy check-in and check-out. All inall great value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel in regards to the location, the clean rooms, room service, the speedy check - in & check - out and the value for money.

We are glad you had an excellent time at our hotel during your stay with us.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed while on business in Ahmedabad. Usually I would take a hotel near the office, but this time decided to venture elsewhere.

The check in was good, with quick service, and an explanation of the restaurants, breakfast buffet and free 24-hour wifi procedure. The rooms are not too large, but quite comfortable. Mine overlooked at main road, but from the 7th floor, it was a great view of the city and a beautiful sunrise both days of the stay. The room has a writing desk, TV, safe, mini fridge, tea-coffee maker. There is no cupboard, though there was an array of clothes hangers. The bathroom was adequate in size, with the entry door, when fully opened sealing the shower area tightly shut - clever piece of designing. The toiletries were inadequate, and only soap from a dispenser available. The shower area is separated from the room by transluscent glass - this is becoming more and more common, and I wonder what's the point?

They have a small in-room dining menu from an attached restaurant (not owned/managed by the hotel I presume), and also options to order from Mac Donald's or Subway - but for the latter one has to go and personally collect the food from the reception and pay to the delivery person in cash. I ordered a tomato-basil penne dish which came in plastic casserole packaging and tasted average. Air con worked well, the bed was queen size and comfortably gave me a good night's sleep. The TV had about 40 channels including foreign language channels.

Got a shock while showering when realized the soap dispenser was empty - bad housekeeping! Came out wet from the bathroom and filled up a glass with the soap from the dispenser next to the wash basin. Breakfast, included in the packages, was an adequate affair with sufficient choices of food and beverages. There was also variety on the two days that I was at the breakfast. Seating in the food area (it's open, so can't be called a restaurant) is limited to at times you have to share tables with others or wait for someone to finish eating.

I was disappointed that when I complained to the front desk about the missing soap in the dispenser, I did not even get an apology, rather a curt 'we'll tell the housekeeping to fill it up'! Coming to housekeeping, when I got back in the evening, I saw the bed made up, but the food plate (unused) from the last night was left behind, as was a salt sachet on the floor, some used creamer sachets in the middle of the room, the runner that I folded (not so neatly) and threw over the sofa the previous night just lying like that..........

The next day morning, history repeated - and I apparently had not learnt from my mistake. Again, mid shower I was made to realize - no soap in the dispenser! This time round I called the duty manager, who came, profusely apologized, took photos of the messy housekeeping. At checkout, to their credit, they gave me a Rs 300 discount on laundry charges, and an additional apology with an additional offer of arranging a vehicle for me should I need it to move about, which I declined.

In all, the stay was a let down and it will be a long time before I go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to leave such a detailed feedback. We are glad you had a comfortable room, hassle free check-in, a good night's sleep and a great view of the city.

However, the feedback we have received from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I have passed your comments to the respective departments and certain issues have been addressed.

I would like to assure you, that we do endeavour to provide a consistently excellent standard of service with personalised care and attention. Your comfort and care is our primary concern and it would be our pleasure to welcome you through our doors once again, only so that we may restore your faith in us.

If you have any further queries or comments please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We first tried this hotel in April 2013 and ever since then we have stayed there 5-6 times. Because it is a very user friendly stop - by place for a short break, employees polite staff and is over all economical with safe parking space, we choose this quite often :)

Room Tip: If you are looking for a decent, comfortable, economical stay near Ashram Road in Ahmedabad, then co...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressamd, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel in regards to our service and team making the difference. We are glad you had an excellent time at our hotel.

It makes me feel really proud and delighted to see your feedback from your constant repeat stay experience with us. I can assure you that your words will motivate our team to aim even higher in our efforts to delight our guests.

Would like to meet you in person during your next visit.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Sincere regards,

Express Assistant Manager- Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad Ashram Road
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I went to Ahmadabad twice in a short span of two months. I tried out holiday inn express, for the great value of money it provided.
Firstly its a business hotel, and they charge you on your card the minute you check in. The hotel offers, you a subway & mac menu with their phone numbers to call the food in your room. I tried calling the subway but they didnt know where the hotel was located and i couldn't explain to them the exact location of the hotel on ashram road, so i then ordered for room service from the restaurant in the holiday inn express.
I stayed there for a couple of nights, and the location is pretty good. Since i had three meetings and all of them were within 20 minutes from the hotel. Ashram Road seems to be the business hub of Ahmadabad.

Special Note : - the free wifi they offered was super fast and I did use it a lot to finish off a lot of my work..
Also there is no swimming pool in the hotel

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressamd, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It makes me feel really proud and delighted to share your feedback where you did enjoy the convenience of location at the value offered with the WiFi.

I am unable to justify the situation faced due to Subway. However any future stays with us at Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad please contact reception for any assistance and we would be more than happy to help you. I afraid we do not have a swimming pool for recreation instead we do have a Gymnasium available 24 Hours.

Again would like to thank you for addressing your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely,