Hyatt Ahmedabad
  • Pool
The Grand Eden(Ahmedabad)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsvastrapur lakebiggest mallsomenbanquet teamclub roomexecutive loungeexcellent servicespecial thanksamazing experiencethe heart of the citybusiness triproom servicecoffee shopswimming poolcomfortable staybreakfast spreadcourteous staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was staying at a Hyatt after a very long time and wasn't sure what to expect. But my entire experience both surprised and delighted me. I stayed here for a day on a work trip. After checking in, headed out for a meeting and was pleased to come back to cookies and chocolates in two jars in my room. Over dinner the service was attentive and good, I ordered a dessert (tiramisu) which I didn't enjoy. They offered me a baked yoghurt or coffee or tea alternative and comped the bill. The breakfast had a decent spread and cappuccino and the eggs Benedict were included in the complimentary breakfast (something most hotels charge for). Then over a series of meetings in different locations in the hotel, they actually didn't bill me for a tea and coffee even though I reminded them, saying it's just tea or coffee. All the staff is well trained to have a pleasant but not intrusive competition. It's located in the premises of Alpha One mall for your retail therapy needs and just ten minutes from IIM. Highly recommend the Hyatt and hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor and my room overlooked the pool and mall. I guess the other nice view may be of the lake .
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Manager Marketing Communication at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel impressive and the team to be courteous.

On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, it is a great privilege to serve you by our caring and compassionate associates.

We look forward to welcome you again at Hyatt Ahmedabad.

Yours Sincerely
Ayesha Mishra

Reviewed 29 September 2013

A good business hotel in the business hub of Ahmedabad. Having good options to dine while discussing business deal. With happening places around, this property is an ideal choice for business trip with class.

Dear Guest,

Greetings!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel impressive.

We look forward to welcome you again at Hyatt Ahmedabad.

Yours Sincerely
Ayesha Mishra

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went for a business meeting, but the reception staff was not able to clearly describe the location of business center because of which you need to find other staff members of that floor for the guidance.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed here over a business trip. Rooms are not large, which is true of many city based Hyatt hotels. There were some other minor infra problems - like the lift not being sensitive enough to the access cards.

Food was nice, both in the cafe, as well as the chinese restaurant. Excellent non veg in the chinese restaurant, for a place like ahmedabad, and excellent dessert too.

The staff was polite and helpful, but did not have the polish one expects from hyatt. Reasonable rates.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

PATHETIC service, staff is arrogant & most un resourceful, security just harrasses guests, location is good.. There's actually more security in the hotel than guests...Do note - There is no bell boy service - so all bags have to be handled by self..
Don't know where to begin. My bottle of whiskey got confiscated at the reception siting that Gujarat is a dry state, you will need a permit?? Apparantly most other hotels (such as mariott, radisson, Pride, President) arrange permits at the reception for out of State guests immediately. I came from Ranchi, Jharkhand on work and had to entertain work guests which I could not... The bottle was never returned, probably got consumed by hotel staff (imported scotch).. Security here is the world's most annoying, you get checked and frisked like you are entering the PM 's residence.. EACH TIME YOU ENTER.. Secty. makes you take off your belt and shoes each time you enter, like goin thru airport security, and in a hotel you exit and enter quite frequently..I booked thru Booking.com, booked one category above the lowest cat., however, was informed at check in that all rooms booked thru booking.com get lowest cat. rm..Where as the rate paid was for the higher cat..? To top it all my room key card door lock was not working, each time I had to go down and request someone from reception to open the room with a Master key and let me into my room, they did however change by rm. on the last day of three days, after I made a rucus with front desk. ALL IN ALL, BETTER TO AVOID THIS HELL OF A HOTEL...

Room Tip: Don't book base cat. rm, they are super tiny. Carry your own water, only two 200 ml bottles are given, and Ahmedabad is 40 degrees plus in sept.
6  Thank karan_kumar123