“Not the Hyatt I expected”
Review of Hyatt Ahmedabad

Hyatt Ahmedabad
Ranked #6 of 164 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Firstly the rooms size are too small (not the suits) that I have ever seen in any 5 star. Their main restaurant is not equipped to handle holiday crowd and although the managers are attentive the waiters aren't and there is a huge scope of improvement there. breakfast spread was good, dinner spread was decent - no where compared to Radisson in Ahmedabad.
I had a chance to stay one night at both places and clearly liked Radisson more than this one.

The pool doesn't have a kiddies pool and that's a minus with a toddler or small kid.
Staff is courteous but check-in time could be improved.

Its close to Alpha one, one of the biggest malls in Ahmedabad and there are few nice accessory shops in third floor here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Manager Marketing Communication at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I sincerely apologize for the experience that you have received.
We assure that the whole details of your comments will be looked at with great sense of urgency and appropriate measures shall be taken to improve the services.
My name is Ayesha Mishra and my contact number is 8238022549.
I sincerely look forward to welcome you again at our hotel and with deep humility, We shall look after you and your family.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed in Hyatt Ahmedabad during my business visit to Ahmedabad in December. Nice hotel, good rooms, nicely trained staff. The hotel is located in Alpha Mall complex which has a fairly good food court. I went twice to food court to eat and had good meals at economical price.

Hotel serves great breakfast. Dinner buffet was also pretty good.

Internet is bit expensive, they charge Rs1000 for 24 hours but speed was really very good.

Overall I was pretty happy and will stay again at this property.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel impressive and the team to be courteous.

On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I thank you for your feedback and it is a great privilege to serve you by our caring and compassionate associates.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Check in process was efficient and courteous. Bell service was excellent. The rooms were spacious, clean well maintained and comfortable. We had reserved two suites and the hotel staff honored our request to have adjoining suites. Internet access is adequate. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot comment much on food quality, but overall one of the better hotels I have stayed at in India.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel impressive.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and try and stop here for lunch. The hotel is a very well maintained property and has a great location as its just opposite one of the better malls in Ahmedabad. The rooms are a bit small as compared to the Marriott but its a trade off I would willingly do for the convenience.
The service as in most 5 star properties in India and South East Asia is excellent One piece of advice - go in for the base category rooms - they have a much better view are only marginally smaller and nicer than the club/executive rooms.
The multi cusine restaurant/cafe is decent but the Asian restaurant is a let down, especially the sunday brunch.
Over all the best place in Ahmedabad but the food as in Ahmedabad is pretty average.

Room Tip: Choose the base category rooms - marginally smaller but have an excellent view and are nearly 30% ch...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Well located right next to shopping mall (no not for me). Service was excellent and the staff extremely helpful. This like many hotels in India is a getaway from the reality of what is outside - disorganized chaos.
About 35-minuted from the airport on a good day, catch the traffic wrong and you could be hour plus easily. Grab a cab they are numerous. outside the airport as there is no shuttle service from by the hotel.
Ahmedabad this is a dry state, yes birthplace of Gandhi. No alcohol allowed and all bags go through an x-ray set up as you enter the hotel - take note but they will return any confiscated items to you when you leave.
Room was excellent and the work out and pool facilities were wonderful. Good equipment and rooftop pool outside was lovely.
Food in the restaurant and breakfast fantastic with just about anything you wanted to eat first thing in the am - nothing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: If my room was anything to go by they should not have an issuer with any of them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Some 20 min from the airport. Large Mall located just across the street. Smooth check-in and nice (but not very large) and clean, quiet room. Nicely furnitured. The safety precautions entering the hotel were not harder than in nearly all other hotels in differnet cities that I visited. Food was good. As in several other big chain hotels here, they charged extra for the use of the internet and this happens in 2013! So my rating was 4* instead of 5*. The use of water and electricity were not charged extra...
No problems with the bill upon check-out (mentioning this after several other experiences in different similar hotels in this country).

Certainly a good business / conference hotel. No extreme luxury, but - except charges for WLAN - no complaints at all. Would come again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I Stayed at this property for 2 nights while on a business trip. I would rate this hotel very mediocre for the price range they operate in:

Location: This was the only reason I had selected this property. Very well located, right next to a mall. within walking distance from IIM Ahmadabad where I was supposed to travel for work.

Room: Room had a modern look but very small in size. I had expected bigger rooms from a Hyatt in a city like Ahmadabad. The door to my bathroom did not lock.

Staff & Service: Staff was really courteous and helpful for all the needs that we had or requested. Other than the service level at the breakfast which was very slow, service was good throughout the stay.

Food: This has to be the worst part I found about the hotel. The breakfast buffet was not worthy of a 5 star hotel. Had one dinner a Collage and was again not impressed by the food. Everything was too bland for my taste.

Overall, It was an average stay. Considering it's a Hyatt property, I expected a lot more, specially at this price

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cadmus82

Greetings!
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you found the team to be courteous.