“Only place to stay in Ahmedabad”
Review of Hyatt Ahmedabad

Hyatt Ahmedabad
Ranked #6 of 162 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel - and you can tell they have put out all the stops to make it a beautiful experience.

The rooms are lovely and the food is excellent.

The location is opposite the One Mall which is fantastic for upmarket spending.

I'd definitely stay here again - and if you need a car make sure you use the concierge service - as the quality is excellent - although a bit pricey - you know what you get.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Manager Marketing Communication at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Greetings!

On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I thank you for your feedback and it is a great privilege to serve you by our caring and compassionate associates.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The property is located about 10-12 KM from the Airport, which may take about 45 minutes in a taxi. The hotel is just stone's throw away the biggest shopping mall "Alpha One". The overall ambiance inside the hotel is quite classy and good. Though the room was quite smaller, or at-least the standard type allocated to me. My room had the view of the mall, and was good. Also, the bathroom I would have expected a bit bigger. I noticed a decent space was allocated to the clothes wardrobe, which could have been ideally better optimized for room area. But, the amenities in room were good, and modern touch. The breakfast had a large variety of food to select, and the taste was nice. The entire staff was courteous and smiling. The property definitely will suite business travelers.

Room Tip: I liked the room facing the mall entrance, making the window lively!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Manager Marketing Communication at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel impressive and the team to be courteous.

On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I thank you again for your feedback and it is a great privilege to serve you by our caring and compassionate associates.

Manager Marketing Communication

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed in Hyatt Ahmedabad from 7-10 February 2014. Though the location is good with one side of room having the view of mall opposite to it and the city view, the other side has the vastrapur lake view.
But the overall property doesn't match to Hyatt standards. I stayed in Room 1701 and it is too small. Whenever anyone opens the room opposite to me, i can hear it so no sound proofing at all i think in the rooms.
Though the room has all basic amenities, but then paying room rent equivalent to Hyatt and encountering rooms and overall property like a 4 star hotel doesn't match up.
Also the hotel has just 2 restaurants while one is a Chinese restaurant the other is a continental restaurant which is also for the breakfast.
The service standards of housekeeping are not good. You call them and they will be at your room at their own whims and fancies. Most of my housekeeping requests are answered in a time frame of 15-30 minutes which is not good as per hyatt standards.
Though would recommend service standards of Front office, Cafe staff and people serving at Continental and Chinese Restaurant. Don't remember the name but was happy with the good attitude towards customer and service quality of a sikh guy serving in Continental Restaurant during dinner time.
The overall experience is not that good as it should be.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jainami
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, General Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for your recent experience at Hyatt Ahmedabad. On behalf of Hyatt Ahmedabad, I sincerely apologize for the experience that you have received.

We assure that the whole details of your comments will be looked at with great sense of urgency and appropriate measures shall be taken to improve the services.

My name is Girish Ganeshan and my contact number is 9537128282.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you again at our hotel and with deep humility, We shall look after you and your family.

Girish Ganeshan

Reviewed 6 February 2014

My self and my wife checked in this hotel on 06/02/2014. We selected a club room. At first there are no defined difference between a club room and ordinary room. We thought we shall be provided with details of aminities available in this room. However this was kept without disclosing. Upon asking, I was told that it is a big room with fruit baskets replenished on every day. The is a club lounge which can be used. In this room till 7 PM no fruit basket were kept. We contacted the house keeping, they did not answer properly. Upon contacting the duty manager, he also expressed affirmative. Such is the condition of the behaviour of this hotel staff.
In total a very poorly managed hotel. I never recommend this hotel to any body. They should have clearly make the guests understand what is available for each category and then do provide the same without hesitation. Very bad experience.
A Narayanan

Room Tip: there are better alternative for the same money
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amborummal
Hyatt_Ahmedabad, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guests,

Greetings!

My name is Ayesha Mishra and my contact number is 8238022549.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you again at our hotel ad with deep humility,we shall look after you and your family.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last week in connection with a Lions Conference and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable with all amenities. The staff members are very helpful and cordial. The Conference facilities are of a high standard.

1  Thank BPB2012

Manager Marketing Communication

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Checked in for the first time into the Ahmedabad Hyatt and while it has a great location , very well appointed rooms the service is below average even though the staff promise a lot.

Disappointed with the room service where even to clear the tray was a challenge and was still there outside my room when I checked out at 6.15 am. Worse was the noise and disturbance by guests at 3am till i complained to reception/no security on the floor ( that too on the executive floor).....clearly not a hotel I would repeat in a hurry and that is sad as Hyatt is my preferred hotel to stay on business.

Room Tip: Find a floor with less people on it!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings!

My name is Ayesha Mishra and my contact number is 8238022549.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

stayed 2 nights, nice location in city, modern mall in walking distance,very clean and comfortable rooms and place! hotel staff was extremely helpful. food choices were excellent and unique and ranging from very authentic to international.