I just have to say that I have stayed at Araam hotel twice and both times had the most inconvenient visit possible. While their recent renovations made the hotel and it's facilities appear great - it's service and staff were beyond difficult, committed fraud, consistently overcharged us and that's just the beginning! I have all the paperwork if one needs proof.
If you'd like the long story - I was with a group of 20 students from Australia (having booked 9 rooms months in advance) yet due to a wedding party or something of the sort they only gave us 7 - saying it's only for 1 night and that beds would be provided. Beds were not provided (a dodgy little mattress was given) and then they charged 300 rupee on top for that third person on the floor! In a pathetic defence to save themselves, when my mum and teacher complained they said my mum took one of the rooms my teacher had booked even though my dad had booked the room under his name (no connection to the group or university) and plenty in advance. They had no idea that my mum and I even knew the teacher or the rest of the students. We had one of the staff members come up to say that the manager had a large group of people come in and that he didn't want them to go to another hotel so he gave them our booked rooms! This then lasted 2 nights -despite them promising it would only be one- as they only gave 1 extra room the second night (still only having 8 out of the 9 booked rooms).
Moving on, Most of the students had payed their room service bill every few days and ALL paid the complete bill a whole night before our checkout. In the early morning I get a call saying They require more money due to a glitch in their system. After much arguing we paid whatever they were bantering only to find out (from hotel staff) that we were suppose to get a 10% discount but didn't. The manager had written that a 10% discount was given on all documents /bills yet he charged us all in full! We also had additional charges made to our bill that never even existed - twice - and had to argue so much for them to only charge us for the services we actually used!
- there were only 2 menus in the entire Hotel available to us. 1 of which was in a room and the other in the dining area - needless to say - ordering took forever!
- menu prices varied to what was charged on the bill - when we asked for a menu with updated prices they denied our request and said that we should just pay the difference without question. Yes - they are that rude!
- while the food for me was good - most of the students received orders AFTER AN HOUR, so they begged to differ. A classmate ordered soup for dinner and ice cream for dessert. 30 mins after ordering she was at my door (as I had also ordered the same soup) asking if I received mine. I said yes and that they already came to collect the dirty dishes. An hour after her ice cream turned up - completely melted and in a PLASTIC BAG - yes- the kind you get at the supermarket. And he said because they had run out (this was a constant excuse as 75% of their menu wasn't actually there) they had to send someone to get it - thus the delay. He then charged slightly more without even telling my friend and when she agreed to pay but wanted a receipt they refused. They wanted the money but said because it was purchased from outside - they can not provide a receipt. She then got her soup a little later.
Wi-Fi- be warned - if you do not have an Indian sim - you're going to have great difficulty obtaining wifi. While most places use a password or something similar - araam use cards with serial numbers that need to be verified (via phone number). They have an international phone option but the verification text never arrived- for any of the 20 students. This card is then only valid for either an hour or 24 (don't bother asking which is which - they have no idea themselves) and then you need to verify after that time. So if you were lucky enough to get a 24 hour one - you need to verify it daily. Hotel staff were hospitable with this by giving their numbers for verification but only after I saw them giving it out to a few of the Australian girls after refusing me. Mind you I come from an Indian background - have coffee type skin (and not white) so I was treated differently. After I questioned the managers racism towards me - I eventually got a verification code.
In a nutshell - there are possibly one or two staff members that actually do their job to a certain degree, interior and facilities were good, housekeeping was great, and wi-fi (when Working and able to be verified) was good too. Other than that - I have never been to such a hell hole. Management was rude, inhospitable and consistently overcharged us in every manner possible and then had the nerve to argue with us to try and prove that they were right. This hotel only cares about money - service is possibly a .5/10 - at best. If you enjoy lack of service and melted ice cream served in a bag then give them a call - otherwise I suggest you save yourself and book elsewhere. We had lovely dinner a few times at a hotel called house of MG - got coupons every visit and food was served while hot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greeting From Hotel Aaram OrchardAaram orchard is the finest business class hotel, with 27 rooms (all personalized with a unique Character ) are sound proofed and equipped with air-conditioned and all modern equipment to assure you relaxation and comfort, a multi cuisine restaurant, 24 hrs room service, Conference Hall, having conferencing capacity between 25 to 30 guest (theatre style),And parking facility. It offers the global business guest a range of business facilities, exquisite cuisine and an authentic indigenous experience. The hotel enjoys the the proximity to the international Airport (11 km) & Railway Station ( 4 km). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Aaram Orchard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.