“Fading...”

Ranked #13 of 157 Hotels in Ahmedabad
New Delhi, India
“Fading...”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here for a night during my trip to Ahmedabad. The rooms are OK, but aging. The bathtub needs a makeover and the hotel could do well with a bit of sprucing up. The breakfast was OK. The folks at the reception were friendly and helpful. The staff in the restaurant seemed slow and not very responsive. Overall an OK place to stay during your business trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WOWAhmedabad, General Manager at Fortune Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sparing your valuable time and giving us your feedback. It is our continuous effort to improve our services and we value your comments and suggestions.

We regret to note that you have not enjoyed your stay in term of maintenance and service at our hotel.

I have shared your feedback with my colleagues and will try to meet and exceed your expectations during your next visit to the property.

We at Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad value your patronage and sincerely look forward to serve you again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance

Umesh Tiwary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Awesome ambience which is actually needed for a business traveler after a hectic day. Rooms gives a royal & vibrant feeling. Food is awesome & very tasty.
Staffs are very good, caring and well behaved. it's truely "home away from home" I will not think of any other hotels for my future trips in Ahmedabad ...

All the best ITC & their management...

-Namrata Mukherjee.

Room Tip: "fortune club rooms & executive rooms are fabulous"
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank namratamukherjee2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your appreciation with my colleagues and they are highly motivated to provide the highest standards of service to our customers.

We at Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad value your patronage and sincerely look forward to your next visit to serve you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Happened to stay at Fortune Land mark Ahmedabad after quite a few years . Had a pleasant memory but now its getting past its prime . At the outset i must mention it was nice of the hotel to accomodate a short notice booking for a very short and uplanned stay .I had conference in park Plaza which got extended hence the short notice booking. The check in was nice but the after the stay expereience was not particulary good . I was given room 402 . the key Card insert slot did not work and power was dire However things are always viewed in relativity and continuosly rising expectations. ct . I had to enter a dark room and after experimenting found the switches . The bathroom bulb was fused and maintenance team replaced it immediately but that meant waiting for another 5- 7 minutes . The rooms have definitely run down and the toilet needs renovation . To top it unfortunately the room was next to the lift and all night the lift movement was very noisy and sounded like heavy stuff being moved . At the check out the card machine worked once and then for a second swipe the front desk incharge chose to use alternative machines which did not work ( i was there for 5 hours only ) Actually any experience is always viewed in relativity and continuosly rising expectations. and hospitality standards of rival properties . I personally have had good expereiences in Fortune Landmark hotels which are from the ITC chain and we have great expectations. . The staff are very helpful and the front desk incharge offered to give the feed abck to the GM . Hope the GM got it .Cannot comment on break fast as i left early . In th apast it has been good . Location wise to the the airport its very nice . I wish Fortune landmark all the very best hope it regains its past glory . in the near future i would not like to check in again without an assurance. Hope they do an internal review and make awake up call . best wishes ajoy

Room Tip: Take a room away from the llft
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
WOWAhmedabad, General Manager at Fortune Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Mr. Ajoy Kumar

Greetings from Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad

I would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time to write on Trip advisor and giving us the opportunity for hosting you during your visit to Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad after quite a few years as mentioned by you.

I have noticed with your comments that you were happy with our Reception and its checking procedure but not very impresssed with your stay experience even though it was for just 5 hours. Mr. Ajoy I Personally regret the inconvenience you have experienced of room lights, which has direct light/connection(the key tag holder was not functional) and all the switches were to manually operated plus lift movement next to your rooms was noisy. Sir I am totally agree with your comments of any experiences is always viewed inn relativily and continuosly rising expectation and hospitallity standard of rival properties. Sir all of your points & suggestions were taken care of and let me assured that your next visit will difinitely have WOW.

At Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

with warm regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was with a friend in Ahmedabad for a few days following a friend's wedding elsewhere in Gujarat. We were just looking for a relaxing break before returning to work after the Christmas holidays and it was the perfect location. The food in both restaurants was outstanding, although we particularly loved the ground floor restaurant's buffet, desserts, music and staff.

Rooms were clean and smart and room service was great. The location was also a bonus - a short drive from the city's best attraction (in our opinion): the Law Garden Markets, where we bought a whole host of embroidered fabrics, jewellery etc.

Furthermore, the staff of the hotel went out of their way to make us feel at home, even arranging our chaperoning to a New Year's celebration when they realised we didn't have any plans and lending us a local phone in case of emergency.

N.B. don't come here to tan by the pool - it's heavily shaded - but then, so is every other pool in Ahmedabad. We checked.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
WOWAhmedabad, General Manager at Fortune Hotel Landmark, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Ms. Laura

Greetings & Wishing you a very Happy New Tear 2014 from Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your Christmas Holidays to Ahmedabad.

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our Exceptional staffs services and Food facilities. At Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I regularly stay in this hotel when ever i travel to Ahmedabad. It is located in the middle of the city but in a peaceful location. Though it is one of the older hotels, the hotel is neatly maintained and the food qaulity is very good. Restaurant Staff members are very friendly and all the items served are very fresh. They need to improve the quality of cut fruits. Regards, Rajmohan

Room Tip: Club room will give you value for money
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Rajmohan ji

Greetings from Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Ahmedabad in the month of August 2013

I am pleased to know that you were very much satisfied with your experience of our Accomodation, services and food qualities . I also would like acknowledge receipt of your feedback on Cut Fruit.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Was in Ahmedabad for just one day. My company booked this hotel for me, Nice room with all the required facilities. Very Courteous staff ready to take care of all your needs. The breakfast and buffet dinner served in Orchid Restaurant has a good variety. What's good is that you also get a taste of local Gujarati delicacies. Had a nice stay. Would like to stay again on my next trip to Ahmedabad.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Behl

Season's Greetings from Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Ahmedabad in the month of June 2013

I am pleased to know that you were very much satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities especially our wide Spread/varities of Breakfast & Lunch/dinner of Orchid Restaurant. I also would like acknowledge receipt of your feedback on exceptional Taste of which you have experienced yourself with our local Gujarati delicacies. I am definitely going to share your praise with my Gujarati Master chefs for their outstanding job.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed in fortune landmark ahemdabad,the hotel is shown as a five star property however it is v compact including the gym and pool .The ROOMS were comfortable though compact however the shower and lifts also weren't working all that well,the authorities sanctioning the star to the properties should regularly inspect and grade them seriously.The breakfast spread was good .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sharathchandra1963
Dear Mr. Sharath Chandara

Greetings from Fortune Landmark, Ahmedabad

I would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time to write on Trip advisor and giving us the opportunity for hosting you during your visit to Fortune Landmark Ahmedabad.

I have noticed with your comments that you were happy with our Food spread at Breakfast but not very satisfied with Pool & Gym. I regret the inconvenience you have experienced of compact gym & Pool. However due to vertical buildings design we are constrain with Pool but definitely we are shifting our Gym to a larger space.

with warm regards