Cama is supposed to be one of the most luxurious places to stay at Ahmedabad. It might have been too once. Today it seems quite outdated. They are in urgent need of stepping into the 21st century.
+ People are very nice, warm and welcoming, almost to a fault.
+ Breakfast was good.
+ We had dinner a la carte and that was quite ok.
+ Room was spacious enough with sofas and stuff.
- 'Old' was the first word that struck me as I entered the room. Probably needs renovation at several points.
- Towels and sheets were clean enough but very old and threadbare.
- Bathroom was kept clean but needs renovation.
- Shower curtain and curtain rod were practically falling off.
- Commode didn't have hand-shower, a must in India these days.
- We got two separate beds and had to ask for them to be pushed together - room with a larger twin bed wasn't available just then.
With new-flanged comfort business hotels like Lemon Tree and Sarovar Portico right next to it and other such places around, Cama needs to think about renovating the rooms, restaurants, etc. and making them a bit more modern. Hope they don't lose their warmth and hospitality in this process.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Appealing hotel situated in quiet area overlooking River Sabarmati. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Cama Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Ahmedabad
- Park Plaza Cama
- Ahmedabad Park Plaza