“Nice hospitality...”
Review of Novotel Ahmedabad

Novotel Ahmedabad
Ranked #9 of 169 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I frequently visited ahmedabad for my business,first time i stayed in Novotel hotel. It was nice experience. Beautiful hotel hotel with wonderful hospitality. Rooms, food and everything was fantastic, food at square restaurant very good both breakfast as well as dinner buffet. The service given is best specially the person named SANDEEP, he well discarved the buffet. I specially thanks him such beautiful experience with the NOVOTEl...!!!

Room Tip: Make alcohal shop in a hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank anilsah
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It is a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our services. Feedback such as yours help us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence. I shall go ahead and share the positive impressions with my team.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed in Novotel for two nights on a business trip. The lobby and rooms are tastefully done. The hotel is on CG Highway, walking distance from Karnavati Club (5 min) and Wide Angle Cinema (1 min). The staff is cooperative and helpful. Yet, the value for money aspect is missing. I booked their conference hall for a 100 people event and booked couple of rooms. The hotel - in their words - was giving us the best deal. I later found out that we could have had a better deal at bigger and better hotels like Marriott. This is particularly important for business event planners who can save their companies a little fortune by right research. Which is why I'm sharing this.

Among other things, my room wasn't properly lit. It was impossible to read or work without parting the curtains. The breakfast buffet was lavish, and priced accordingly. Novotel has a good CRM program. They sent me a long boring 20 minute survey to see how my stay was. Half the energy and money spent in planning the stay can make them more popular, especially in a price-conscious city like Ahmedabad.

Stay there, but only if you don't question the value of your spent money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with maximum lighting. If you're not okay with the lavish but expensive buffet, W...
1  Thank dividedby_0
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We regret for the Inconvenience caused.We take your feedback of lighting in the rooms and shall work out on them. Feedback such as yours helps us to augment our services which would further leave an impressive mark on your stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely property, built well, served well...now Hospitality could have been better, but I think they are getting there.

Loved the food, while there was a gaffe but they worked hard and were sensitive to get over it. Stay there for the food and the cozy rooms.

2  Thank motwani_manish
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It is a pleasure to know that you liked the property and enjoyed our services. Feedback such as yours help us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence.

I shall go ahead and share the positive impressions with my team.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

NOVOTEL hotel is relatively a new entrant in the list of hotels in Ahmedabad - lucky to have a good location on SG Highway going towards upcoming n new corporate area of Prahladnagar. The hotel has good rooms to stay, n the coffee shop n dining area merged. The menu for coffees n mocktails is good,plus they hv their own deli~ this makes it a good place to party ! As far as food is concerned, good n reasonably priced with lot of variety at buffet meals. Every now n then,they hv some food festival which is quite a success !!

• Stayed: March 2014
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It is a pleasure to know that you liked the property and enjoyed our services. We would keep you posted on the upcoming food festivals at The Square.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Viren V
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My Mediterranean food experience was quite a nice one.... Despite a few glitches here and there by the servers (which can be wavered off by the food and variety of cuisines covered). Initially I was a little upset with the starting of my evening, but as the evening progressed and asked upon for help for food I was overwhelmed with the response of the kitchen staff who were proactive from attending me and my wife to customizing a few requests too. The chubby chef anirudh was kind enough get fresh batches of food for both of us. Chef Dave the guy behind the food festival was also very keen in explaining things to us. Really loved his hospitality. Food was AWSOME.... Very very happy. Desserts were highlights for me. Though I am not a dessert eater myself I hogged all of them. I must say the baklava was way better than the one I had at Moshe's. Carryon such good food service so that people like me keep burping... Thank you very much anirudh for being so kind and pleasant (not to forget yummy desserts) and Dave for superb food that was lip smacking. Chiao.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the Mediterranean Food Festival and our services at The Square. Feedback such as yours help us to walk that extra mile and strive for excellence. I shall go ahead and share the positive impressions with my team.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had checked-in for day for a business meeting held int he hotel. Booked using MakeMyTrip voucher as it was cheaper by Rs.2000/- than the discounted rates offered by the hotel for the conference. At the time of checking in somehow got the impression that the staff was not too pleased by the voucher. Was also asked to pay up a security deposit which was subsequently waived off after noticing my surprise. Post checkout again the staff seemed reluctant to store the luggage. Was also approached by an over-enthusiastic staffer who was insistent to knowing my business at the hotel !!! The Duty Manager put it down to being proactive. I thought it was intrusive...

Nonetheless, since the rooms are very modern and well appointed, it would be a shame if the "proactive" attitude makes the stay anything less than pleasant.

2  Thank Ranjan M
Novotel A, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We are pleased to know that you liked the property. We regret for the Inconvenience caused during the check-in process. We shall closely monitor the process and would take the essential steps to ensure enhanced experience. Feedback such as yours helps us to augment our services which would leave an impressive mark on your every stay.