Ahmedabad was the last destination in my trip schedule, and i had pre booked the room in TGB online. TIP: book online and get better room rates.. on spot rate is quite high!
firstly, the GOOD part of the stay, which will be eventually followed by the disgusting experience i had with the front desk personnel..
Good Part : * luxuriously comfortable bed and pillows... International standard bathroom (although the towels looked as if they belonged to another century altogether :P ) .. superb room service and house keeping staff..!!
MUST TRY : The masala chai.. dal khichdi.. dosa...
The lift features a list of floors and the different banquet rooms located on them.. TGB updates this list everyday with the current parties of the day hosted by Mr. and MRS xyz in Xyz banquet.
This makes a visitor's search quite easy.. COMMENDABLE JOB!! :)
Now, the BAD part !!
the first look of the hotel leaves u little disappointed since u have already been enamoured by the perfect picture posted on its website..the reality aint that glamourous... thank god it has lift which connects to the lobby.. senior people with leg problems couldnt have climbed those
I had written a request of 6 AM check in since my train was scheduled to reach by 4:30. Weary, tired and sleepy, we reached the hotel front desk at 5 am. The Receptionist was unfriendly and unwelcoming (to say the least).. he gave us a very cheeky answer when i asked him about breakfast being included in the tariff.. later, he insisted very badly on ID cards for both the occupants of the room.. i understand, its a procedure, but there HAS to be a decent tone of speech!
receptionist : The check in time is 11 am
Me: but, i specially mentioned on your website that i will be here at 6 am.
R: its 5 am now.
Me: (irritated beyond redemption now) : I shall sit in lobby for an hour if u like.
this was a trailer by the front desk staff.. to cut a long story short, i had requested for strepsils/cough syrup.. and he said, we are out of stock, the bell boy will be there.. u pay him money and get it yourself.(a big hotel not having basic halls/vicks is not acceptable)! next, i requested at 11 pm for check out at 4 pm.. make sure bill is ready since i had a flight to catch.. unfortunately, the receptionist again tried to be MAHA INTERESTING and made me wait for a solid half an hour despite pre-informing the front desk.
However, the silver lining was that the F and B manager and General manager were really attentive after reading the guest comment feedback and immediately called up to apologise for the bad experience.. they were courteous...humble and really assuring!!
I would recommend this hotel definitely !! the food is yummy and fortunately, no gujju touch of sweetness in the food!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Bhagwati Ahmedabad is the first venture of TGB Banquets & Hotels Ltd, it is located on S.G. Highway. The Grand Bhagwati lies at a distance of approximately 17 km from Ahmedabad Airport, 12 km from Ahmedabad railway station, 1km away from bus-stand and conveniently located to some of the most popular shopping and commercial hubs of the city. The Grand Bhagwati offers 2 pure veg. Dining options, Cafe Piano is the on-site coffee shop that is functional round-the-clock and offers buffet, a-la-carte and exotic drinks. To have a fine dining experience, guests can step in Mr. & Mrs. Somani a modern Indian fusion eatery. It also have bakery counter in hotel itself. The Grand Ballroom, Ambience, Memories and chancellors are the in-house banquet halls that are apt for celebrating business as well as party events. This banquet hall features a conference hall and a business centre, perfect for social and corporate with an adequate seating arrangement. There are also off-site lawns where guests can organize grand celebrations like wedding and parties. Additional facilities like Wi-Fi, laundry services, taxi services, shuttle service, airport and railway transfers are available on chargeable basis. When you are looking for comfortable and convenient stay in Ahmedabad, make The Grand Bhagwati Hotel your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Bhagwati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Bhagwati Hotel Ahmedabad
- Grand Bhagwati Hotel Ahmedabad
- Grand Bhagwati Ahmedabad