“Stay away! It's not 5 star in any way shape or form!!”

Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad
Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Singapore
“Stay away! It's not 5 star in any way shape or form!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I came with a 2 month old baby. No one came to help me. My 6 luggages were outside by e door. With the porter just looking at it.
I was furious when I got to the reception. And the male reception just gave a blank look when I said I'm checking in.
He then said he can't check me in and ask for my husband? The booking was made by me. So I didn't understand why. Another lady that was there gave me a look and made some remark in their language. I have kept my calm and talked nicely throughout. But being in India, I know I have to be careful as the locals can still act uncivilised.
Breakfast was terrible. The
restaurant we went for dinner even worse.
Pool is very small and is mainly filled with pigeons and their droppings.
Room is spacious and dated. Badly need renovation.
Note that airline crew stay over so expect noise and disturbance at night.
Manager will do nothing when complain.
I do highly suggest if you are a foreigner of a different race than Indian, please book yourself at courtyard at Marriott.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank imsuchafuss
ThePrideGroup, Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 16 July 2011
Dear Mam

Greetings from The Pride Hotel Ahmedbad

I am concerned about the problem/s you experienced at our Hotel, I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

We strive to make the stay not only satisfying but a memorable experience. The principal goal of The Pride is to provide exceedingly dependable service to all our guests. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn about the way you have been dealt with and I sincerely understand your dissatisfaction for the unpleasant experience.

Kindly accept my sincere apology.

I assure you that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They give us the opportunity to improvise our services standards. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been taken up very seriously by the Management of the Group and are being addressed.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Kindly let us know, if we can be of any assistance in the near future.

Regards

Ketan Parmar
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Bangalore
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed here with my dad and mum for one night and our disappointment started right from the airport itself. I had spoken to the duty manager 3 days prior to arrival and requested for an airport pickup and was promised one, but there was nobody waiting at the airport. When contacted after arrival, I was told that there was no such request placed. It took us almost an hour to find a decent A/C taxi to reach the hotel. The staff at the reception took another 35 minutes to sort out some confusion about our booking and finally gave us 2 rooms on two different floors. I had to literally fight to get both our rooms on the same floor, as my parents are aged and would need my help. Sad and smelly rooms, restaurants, corridors and gloomy atmosphere all around. My suggestion: stay at The Mariott [which is what we did after the first day] for just a little extra and get an amazingly clean room, great pool, restaurant, free Wi-Fi and great service.

Room Tip: Take your chances
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AAruChi
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Had an early morning flight from Delhi and right at the airport exit was a car waiting to pick us up from the airport as the hotel provides a free pick up and drop at the airport. the lobby was neat and it took us little time to check in as i was on a business trip i didn't get much time to explore the hotel, but the sleep quality was excellent as the beds were cozy and clean, i did feel like checking out the swimming pool but it was a small pool with some kind of water fountain so i gave it a miss
the staff was nice and the next morning after breakfast we were given a ride back to the airport as well
i would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and would stay there the next time i go visiting Ahmadabad

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The Pride Hotel in Ahmedabad is in a serious need to catch up with the current time...

Compared to other 5-Star hotels, it lacks the ambience, service and product.

The hotel design and ambience of both the rooms and the lobby are quite outdated...

The swimming pool is extremely small. In fact the hotel was conducting swimming classes for kids of non-guests. As a result, the tiny pool was crowded with kids and was practically unusable for the hotel guests.

The Restaurant has a small but decent spread for breakfast and does serve some decent meals as well.

The big let down was the lack of wi-fi. The hotel has tied up with Internet provider -"Docomo". They have wired internet in the room. But it was quite a challenge to connect to the internet. Unfortunately, the system does not allow the guests to use the same account in the room and in the lobby. A 5-Star hotel needs to have more control over its wi-fi network and provide seamless connectivity throughout the hotel including the rooms, lobby and restaurants rather than relying on opting for cost-effective service.

What the Pride Ahmedabad lacks in product, it makes up in location. It is quite centrally located and can be a convenient choice for business travellers.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Amish_Mody
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2011

With a dated, dirty room, a clogged shower head, and a noisy view of a residential car park, this cannot claim to be a 4-star hotel. I would give it 3 stars at best.

To top it off, upon check in I had requested a complimentary car to the airport for 8:15 the next morning. The car was not ready at that time, and in fact was 20 minutes late. When it finally arrived, it was an older, well worn car with an unkempt driver.

This may be one of the best hotels in Ahmedabad, but it is not 4-star.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Sonipat, India
Reviewed 20 June 2011

hi i stayed there for 3 days the hotel staff is not at all cooperative. the breakfast in the hotel is below average. very limited choice and also not so good in taste. swimming pool is very small. about room service even complimentary things u need to ask for every time.
apart from service the hotel assures very clean environment. near to market. you can try a traditional gujrati thali at athithi just next to hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights in February 2011.

I thought this place was great, much better than the Pride hotel in Pune.

It was clean and modern with a good selection for breakfast and the buffet dinner.

I'd stay here again.