“Bad Luck Second Time”
Review of Hotel Ginger Surat

Hotel Ginger Surat
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Surat
Reviewed 30 April 2013

It was once again a sorry state of affairs at Ginger Hotels.Staff least interested in helping you. Just interested in FOLLOWING RULES and very busy completing PAPER WORK, Hotel in Run down condition. Most disturbing part is that most of the staff is untrained and afraid or NOT AUTHORISED to take decision even if it means more revenue to the Hotel.

Housekeeping at its worst. Security is for name sake. Improper lighting across the Hotel.

Buffet Breakfast served limited and you have to repeatedly request to replenish food which ultimately comes so late that you leave without it.

Food Hygiene may god help the guests.

Surprisingly all equipment facility and equipment available at site but either non functional or not put to use.

Rooms maintained poorly and make shift repairs made. No decent outside view from the room

Room Tip: Avoid this Hotel if you can
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I recently stayed in Hotel Ginger for 1 day with my colleagues. The huge drawback of the place is its location which is very far from bus station (around 15kms) or railway station (around 8kms) which makes it less desirable. Also, finding a taxi or cab nearby hotel is difficult and if one takes hotel cab it is surely going to put hole in your pocket given the high charges they charge !!

Rooms were clean with good view of city but the lack of options in food turns out to be major game changer. If you are a vegetarian than you have only 2 choice tea/coffee with sandwich rest all are non-veg.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Praneh
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I had recently stayed in the Ahmadabad Ginger and the stay there was phenomenal, However my stay in Surat was a completely terrible. The day we checked in the receptionist gave us the wrong key card to the envelope so it said we had room 16 however the key was for room 20. That was a minor mistake however it took them 20 minutes to solve the issue which was not impressing. On my 3rd Final day I asked the receptionist that can you call someone to bring down my bags as I had 7 huge suitcases, At first the receptionist told me they did not have that service and I told him that was a lie because my bags had always been taken to and from my room. Then he told me that 'there aint staff do it yourself' That was exactly what he said and I was appalled! By now I was furious and my daughter and I had to bring down the suitcases our self which put us 1 hour behind our schedule to leave Surat. I also asked for the receptionists name so I could make a complaint and he had the nerve to say he had not done anything wrong and that he would not give his name! Eventually I got his name and now I will try get this complaint through to TATA. Not pleased with Surat's Ginger.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This was my first trip to Surat and I found this hotel as better option. It is near to Surat Airport. Hotel was good. Front office staff was very courteous. I was checked in early around 8.30 am but not faced any difficulty. Room was ready on arrival. Room was good and having all basic amenities. I enjoyed buffet breakfast. It was quite good. Next day was Tuesday and I doubt about the variety of vegetarian food but next day there were lot of varieties. I also enjoyed meal in the dinner and go for Daal Rice but quantity was not sufficient for one person. So I recommend my fellow travelers to enjoy meal only at restaurant. But overall it was nice stay at Ginger on very decent price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2013

A basic room, with minimum of facilities required for the stay, Good location and decent service. But overall, feels like it should have been better. Maybe next time I will find a better option @ Surat.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Excellent location and overall well maintained. Good for a short stay. There is room service albeit a little slow. Rooms and baths are neat and clean. The shower would do with some improvement so that there more than a trickle of water flow.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The hotel was good and in a very good location n we can suggest everyone to stay here each n everything in hotel was maintained n the food of hotel resto. Was yummy The resto. Service was week and is having both cuisine veg as well as non-veg .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip