“Compact guest house with all basic facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alpine Park

and 1 more site!
Alpine Park
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Compact guest house with all basic facilities”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

It is a small and beautiful guest house in a quiet n green neighbourhood. The facilities available are basic but we would compliment them for their cleaniness and service.
It is located in a residential place but it is convenient as major offices and malls are located nearby within 2km. We suggest they provide free airport pick-up especially at night since it would ease us to find the place.
We had a pleasant stay at the guest house fr 3 days and what really surprised me was that the owners were personally taking interest and inquiring from us regarding the stay
We would recommend it to people looking for comfortable, secured and homely stay for business + leisure purpose

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Vinay S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Delhi
Reviewed 2 August 2011

1 .Water t not served till 24 hours of check in, when asked he says mineral water is not complimentary, no arrangements for normal drinking water in the room.
2. when ordered “ three cups of tea” in the morning, the person asks, why three cups of tea , when they are only two people in the room. its a very rude question to hear from people who are hired to serve and as if drinking an additional cup of tea in morning is a sin.
3. The kitchen is not open till 7 am, so tea cannot be served at 6.30 or 6.45 am.
4. The complimentary breakfast does not have curd n juice which was served on first day along with paratha, so the more you stay the less you get principle follows.
5. there is no water in the tap on both the days at early morning hours while going to morning chores and bath, both the days asked to open the motor, and had to wait for 15 min for the bathing water.
6. breakfast as usual delayed, and then there is noise as the cab driver does not want to wait even for 5 min as it’s a local drop, even though paying 500 INR or pick n drop
7. Ordered news papaper ,never had it in room, the answer is there are only two newspapers copies available in the guest house ,and you have to wait for your turn till it reaches you and it never reached me
8. No room cleaning in the room on its own , till 12 pm the next day. If you wish to get it cleaned got to order them multiple times.
9. when I ordered for Sweet corn soup, what I get is a Egg sweet corn soup, being a vegetarian person, had to vomit, especially in the month of sawan and Monday. When asked why did he do this, he says the sweet corn soup is always prepared with egg. A strange answer and stupid mistake one could ever make.
10. The electric switches in the room does not work, and the only one which works is quite loose, so one person as to hold the charger till the mobile or laptop gets charged.
11. there in n ventilation absolutely in the room ,and to our surprise there is no exhaust fan even in bathroom/ toilet.
12. The staff is absolutely un courteous, do not even pick to bother the phone , neither the luggage. Says all the rooms are to full capacity and we damn care for new customers more.
13 There are multiple power cuts and this keeps the ac on and off , also the generator is so close in the compound that there is so much of noise in the room as well as vibrations in the wall, you feel gidding and nausatic after some time .
14. Food is not prepared well, specially the Chinese, its like a punishment for ordering and having stuff like soup, noodles and fried rice.
15. Though the wi-fi is complementary, but it never works.
16. There is absolutely nothing near the guest hous,e no shops, no market, no taxi, no autos, nothing, it is so isolated.

Overall the experience in the guest house was quite poor and they assume the guest has to tolerate as they say they are very economic, on the contrary there are very fine, well maintained guest house in Gurgoan below the prices quoted by Alpine Guest house.
This is a very genuine feedback, and people who go for their advertisements and specially who happened to talk with Rahul will fall and stay in a wrong shady place,
The Services they offer in Nodia in the name of Nodia Residency are far more pathetic , because after looking form outside I did not check in.
That’s its . if the owner happened to read, he may get angry or frustrated , or may metamorphosize for the change to happen, well train the staff and maintain the property,
People who wish to stay may stay at their own risk.

Have a great day.

Room Tip: search in some good place in gurgoan stays
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Priyapeak
AlpinePark, General Manager at Alpine Park, responded to this review, 4 September 2011
We share the concerns of the guest and apologize for the inconvenience faced. There were some issues which occurred due to Cook's absense on account of sudden mishappening in his family. There occurred some misunderstanding with the guest at the time of Check in as reception insisted for proper ID + Address proof of the guest who claimed that they were husband and wife but then their ID Proof showed different surnames and different address. This was necessitated in view of security measures initiated by the Police in view of Independence day on 15th Aug 2011.
chandigarh
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was Lured by the rather acceptable price of Rs 1600 for a couple of hours of stay as i transited between my flights. I was extra careful to make a confirmed booking in the morning after reading a review on non-availability of rooms. On my late night arrival, i was scooted away literally to supposedly a next door identical extension of the guesthouse. The room handed over was shockingly different from even the basic single room shown in the photographs. To begin with no windows,only a duct for ventilation and an archaic window ac stuck in that duct,which barely managed to work. Actually i shut it off in the night after the stabilizer presented a potential threat of exploding in my sleep. The rest is anybody''s guess, smelly bed sheets, cheap furniture, dingy interiors. I normally do not write reviews,matter of fact i did not even complain to the guys as i thought it would a drain of my energy and it would be better to put this in writing to warn any un-suspecting future guinea pig guests.

Room Tip: Never stray near to this place!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank vikram76
No Doubt the Guest had made the booking in advance, we had to make Alternate arrangements in view of the fact that our Guest House and also our Associate Guest house was full. This was done to honor our Commitment. It would not be out of place to mention that we do not insist for any Advance payment against Booking and frequently the Guests do not turn up despite having confirmed Booking. On that particular day, all the Guest Houses and Hotels with which we have our Tie Up were full and we had to make the arrangement in the only available Guest House. We are thankful to the guest for providing us the Feedback and thereafter we have stopped sending any of our Guest to that particular Guest House.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I booked a room in this property as I needed some place near DLF area of Gurgaon. During booking through a popular travel portal, I was promised "...standard 3 star corporate guest house offering comfortable accommodation with state of art amenities..."...what a lie ! This place is an independent house in a row of private residences with *NOTHING* nearby..no shops..nothing. Reaching from airport is a pain as nobody knows to get here.. I had to be on phone with someone from this property to guide the driver to reach. Upon reaching, I was checked in and surprise..surprise.. I was asked to walk to another house 800 Meters from the address given in my booking. So, I walked.. (38 degrees Centigrade at 1.00 PM)..my luggage was going in front of me..how lucky my luggage..It was riding a bicycle !!! (see picture attached).. I wish I was the suitcase :) .. Anyway, got to the new address to find an empty "guest house" and my room on 2nd floor... Room may not have been occupied for several weeks..on opening the door, I could get the smell of stale air trapped inside for a while.. Enough of this ..I just counted hours to get out of this place and ran away to another hotel at dawn...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sateeshg
We sincerely apologize for the difficulty faced by the guest. Although the guest had booked the room, we had to provide alternate accommodation approx. 200 metres from our guest house due to the fact that a few of our guests had extended their stay. The fact that Alpine Park remains fully occupied and guest extended their stay speaks itself of the quality of facilities and services provided. The photo posted by the guest showing his baggage being transported on Bicycle by the staff does not in any way reflect the Standard and Facilities provided by Alpine Park in its Guest house.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This hotel is costly compared to what money can buy in neighbourhood locality like Sushant Lok. If you ask me for an honest opinion, avoid the locality DLF phase-II. It is unnecessarily hyped and expensive. The hype of great location is that this place may save you 15 to 20 minutes of transit time from the city, but is that worth the cost and more importantly, living comfort.

The room which I had occuied in this hotel was very small (I guess 80 sq.ft.), you have no space to walk. It had no window and seemed very congested. The room was noisy and you would hear loud talk of the house keeping staff until late hours in the night.

The hotel is clean and the pantry is worth giving a try. However, it is expensive. The toilets are also maintained well. The power backup is effective.

The reception is O, I mean no frills,

Don't use travel desk, use radio taxi instead. it is cheaper and better,

I find the location advantage, as stated by many revieweres, not a decisive factor in selecting this hotel. With good metro connectivity, it is OK to stay anywhere within any metro stationin Gurgaon. From that angle, the real value for money is Sushant Lok. You can get additional complimentary breakfast for that cost if you have the patience to search.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Pros: Good food

Cons: 1) I was there during summer time and all the time you have to call to start the genset
2) No cold water (During summer), if you have to take bath, you will have to wake up very early morning so that you can get less hot water for bath.
3) No security. I lost my costly cell phone from my room

Overall: Not advisable at all.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 June 2010

After reading the reviews online, I booked a room in this guest house through IRCTC. I had a flight to catch in the morning of December 18, 2009 and arrived there at midnight of December 17, 2009. Arriving there in itself is a story. Nobody knows of this place. The taxi had to go round and round for 30 minutes in the dark lanes before we could get there. The door of the house was closed. After a lot of banging of the door, a young boy opened the door. He had no clue of any booking made by me. However, after examining the booking printout for a while, he asked me how I was going to pay for the room. I told him the booking was prepaid and it was all written on the paper I had given him.

He then informed me without a hint of regret that his guest house was full but they had some extra rooms a little away from the house. It was well after midnight and I was in no condition to argue, so I just followed him dragging my luggage. After a good 10 minutes walk, we reached another house. There was another young boy there. He finally took me to a so called AC room with a filthy bed and "a never washed in history" blanket. To cut a long story short, I spent a sleepless night there waiting for the morning. Moral of the story - I will never book a guest house again in Delhi or Gurgaon.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo