“Unless you like getting robbed, stay away”
Review of Park Inn Gurgaon

Park Inn Gurgaon
Ranked #45 of 253 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I came to India for my wedding, I put up all my guests from overseas in this hotel. Overall the the hotel was nice, comfortable rooms, good food and clean. I would have given this hotel a great rating, but about about 6 hours before my wedding, one of my guests that I put up in the hotel told me that someone went through their luggage and stole 200 dollars. I want to make this clear, I don't care about the money, it was actually going to be a wedding present for me, but I spent over 75000 dollars for the weekend, and 200 really isn't a big deal. I am more upset with the fact that someone stole from a guest that I put up in their hotel. The hotel management blamed my guest for not putting the money in the safe, but I told them that is not a good excuse I shouldn't have to hide my things in fear that I will be robbed. A few days later they told me that 3 people from their staff entered the room while we were gone, and they search the lockers and strip searched all the employees, not sure if this is true and to be honest I hope its not becuase many of the workers were underage children. That is another thing I was not sure about, I do not know what child labor laws in India are, but a lot of the workers looked as if they were 12 or 13 years of age. Overall this was an extremely embarrassing experience for me and should be even more embarrassing for the hotel chain. .

• Stayed: October 2010
SiddharthGurgaon, General Manager at Park Inn Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

Dear Guest ,

At the outset allow me to 'Thank You' for your patronage and our Heartiest
Congratulations to you on your marriage . Please accept our wishes of a
"Long & Happy Married Life".

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused during your last stay with us.

Kindly note that we had put our entire staff through a comprehensive body
search but no evidence was found. We could have scaled up the matter based
on a written complaint which was only verbal till the time you checked out.
We also have CCTV Cameras installed in our premises and a thorough scanning
of the video footage yielded no result.

Secondly, in line with the statutory labour policy, we do not hire child
labour in our hotel, as it is strictly against our HR policy nor do we
encourage our associates to do so.

reflection of our hotel service standards.

We once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to the pleasure
of welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 30 October 2010

Hotel is new, Service is very very poor. Example: If you ask for Hair dryer they provide broken and next day morning they ask it back without looking time saying not having more pieces to provide to other guest. Breakfast is very bad. If you want cab no assistant. Not having proper information of local area. Manager is not quantified. Asking so many question and doing big formalities with foreign passport holders.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

At the outset allow me to 'Thank You' for your patronage.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused during your last stay with us.

As you rightly pointed out that the hotel was nascent when you visited us
last and so were some of the staff members you interacted with. Furthermore,

we are sorry for the faulty Hair Dryer placed in your room, which has been
since rectified.

Being a foreign passport holder, we regret that you had to face
inconvenience at the time of checking in. While we are making all possible
efforts to smoothen the check-in process, kindly note that these are
statutory requirements and hence we have to abide by the law of the land.
Non-compliance of these requirements can lead to penal action by the local
authorities.

Look forward to the pleasure of your stay with us again and we assure you of

significant improvement in our service standards.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

This place is nowhere as convenient as they claim to be. It's hard to find any public transportation to take you anywhere. The fitness center is the size of a walk-in closet! The pool hasn't been completed. The power outlets on the desk weren't big enough to accomodate international plugs. The restaurant was a mess. Even though staff were just wondering around , no one cleaned any of the tables., They all had dirty cutlery and napkins and weren't picked up after the guests left. The rooms were nice though.Do not stay here!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest ,

At the outset allow me to 'Thank You' for your patronage.

Please note that we do have a fleet of vehicles available 24x7 with
experienced drivers who are well versed with the city coordinates.

Also, the swimming pool was not fully functional, when you visited us last.
...but it is now fully operational. We do have space constraint in our
Gymnasium which we are trying to correct.

Look forward to the pleasure of your stay with us again and we assure you of

significant improvement in our service standards.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

I stayed at the Park Inn Gurgaon in Sept 2010.It is a small hotel and the location is Ok as it is not a good part of town but it is 5mins from the main Highway which make it worthwhile for a short business stay .The rooms are clean and spacious, bedding 32' LCD TV great AC, amount to peaceful sleep.
I did not get time to try the food but the restaurant and Bar area seemed very cosy.
They do not have a pool but will be opening one soon.
I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Excellent layout and lovely rooms, I was however unable to sleep because the hotel generator back up was not good enough and I had a tough night. The staff though well trained could not answer questions on power back up.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

a hotel with all amenities a business traveller needs. most important is it has wi fi. the rooms were clean and well kept. food was ok.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Although I stayed here for one night only, there is very cleanliness hotel which was provided very comfortable beds, good decor, mini bar, 32 inch LCD TV (Samsung) and wireless internet. The hotel breakfast was very good as well, staff was friendly, the waitress were so nice. Love this place!!

• Stayed: April 2010