“Lovely resort environment; despite location is still an excellent base to explore the area”

The Palms - Town & Country Club
Ranked #40 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spent 2 nights here recently as part of a return trip to an area I used to work in and couldn't really fault the experience. This is a Members Club and it has therefore a slightly different feel to many hotels. Nice resort environment (good pool and grounds) and the room was excellent for the price (I think mine was one up from the standard).

Gurgaon isn't exactly a holiday destination but is both a good base for exploring Delhi (you're going to need a car anyway so the few extra kilometres spent getting to this place don't really matter). Once you're in this small resort though you really could be anywhere.

Room was good sized and very clean. Bed comfortable and the room had all the usual facilities you'd expect. The building that the rooms are situated in has beeen given an old-world look and the corridor areas have alcoves and views over the pool. Only downside was that this common area was not air-conditioned and as such it was just far too warm to sit in had you wanted to do so.

Breakfast buffet was predictable but of a good standard and they did excellent dosas! Ate also in the Chinese/Pan Asian place which too was fine. Very pleasant though was the bar - again created as an "English pub" of an older-world style with some oversized furniture and a pleasant ambiance. Service was good everywhere.

Would def stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

We were delighted to have you stay with us and we are glad to see your review of our property on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your compliments to the team at the club and the facilities which, you found to your liking. It was a pleasure to serve you and I am glad that you liked our property and would be back to stay with us.

We have shared your feedback with the entire team and I am sure it will motivate them at their work place.

We hope to remain your preferred place to stay in Gurgaon and look forward to the pleasure of seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for The Palms - Town & Country Club

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The property is called "club" for a good reason. You can experience here a specific atmosphere. It is not like those latest 5 start skyscraper buildings, it is somehow more human and closer to the person. I've felt like taken back in time a bit when walking around the corridors of the hotel.

There is a nice pool, to relax, good restaurants and bar to enjoy a beer or dinner, quite OK conference facilities.

I've had some technical issues as the last night before checkout the AC started to heat instead of cool :) which can be challenging when it is 35 degrees outside. While the problem was nto solved at 3am when I've reported it, but at departure the stuff tried its best with some farewell gift, so at least they showed care ...

I would definitely recommend this property for those who want to experience a little different accommodation than any of those ultramodern and sometime soul-less modern hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your constructive stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

We could not have been happier to learn that you had a pleasant stay experience and were impressed with our products and property. All our amenities at The Palms Town & Country Club are designed keeping a better you in mind and we are glad you had a lovely time with us.

We always strive to provide our guests with a rejuvenating stay and are glad our associates were able to look after your needs and requirements with utmost warmth, care and courtesy.

We look forward to welcoming you to The Palms Town & Country Club when you visit Gurgaon next.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had come to visit family friends staying here on the 29th of June. While going through the security check the lady guard was soo rude. I was carrying my helmet and since I was refused by the hotel security to carry it in, I was just about to hand it over to the security when the lady guard intervened and did not allow her fellow colleague to do such a demeaning task of taking my helmet. She said that make him (that is me) put it do not assist him. As a result she made me walk to the main entrance and put the helmet in the guards room. Her language was appalling, rude and completely shattered my impression of the club. I was treated like a street bum in front of all the other guests. I didn't say anything at the time and went straight to the guards room where I placed the helmet in a corner on top of a filthy cabinet. I wonder is this what you call service. I finished meeting my family and simply filled up a comment card and informed the reception. I did want to convey this feedback to a manager but some gentleman in casual clothes was standing by the front desk and was asking the reception as to what had happened. No form of apology given. Couldn't meet any senior management. Worst ever hospitality I have ever received. What's shocking is that the reception team seemed fine with the way the issue was handled by the lady guard I believe her name is Sita. Ofcourse I will never ever return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank belliboyy
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2015

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. At the outset, please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and as the part of management, I am quite disheartened and take responsibility for this totally unexpected and unusual behaviour.

We not allow helmets inside the premises due to security reason however, I agree that the situation could have been handled better in this case. While we pride ourselves of professional and personalized service and our team normally gets compliments for their training and knowledge, this incident obviously directs my team and me into a review of our training standards as well as our ability to assess and meet our guests' expectations.

We take your feedback in the spirit of improving our standards to avoid further recurrence, and please accept our invitation to return to our property for an experience where we can convince you of our seriousness in accepting your feedback.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My stay was very comfortable and I found the staff to be very courteous and accomodating. Highlighly recommend this place to anyone visiting Delhi/Gurgaon or for locales to grab dinner on weekends!

Fusion is a no miss!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for recommending our property and it gives me immense pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the services & staff attentiveness.

Feedback like these helps to motivate the staff and I am sure this feedback would motivate the team to do better. We always try to set very high standard in our service level and it gives me satisfaction to learn that the guests are acknowledging the same.

We hope to see you soon in the future and look forward to welcome you back at The Palms Town & Country Club,Gurgaon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have statyed at the Palms for long periods of time over the past two years and stayed in almost all types of room offered. From the moment you arrive to when you leave you are made to feel very welome. The environemnt is so much nicer than some of the larger chain hotel groups as the staff although busy all have the time to chat to you wether if be the client manager or a gardener whilst still remaining professional. If you have any questions about things to do the reception staff and waiters are more than happy to provide you with ampul amount of suggestions. the food in all the restaurants is to a good standard and the mustard fish on the tapinkya is a must. The pool when open is very large and nice to swim in. Once the SPA is completed it will add and increase the overall experiance and services provided. I hope to visit again later in the year

Room Tip: Rooms in the new block next to reception if you ask for a room on the first floor overlooking the po...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

It was a pleasure having you stay again at The Palms Town & Country Club, Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your review through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property and appreciated the facilities and service levels at the hotel. We are committed to consistently providing warm and efficient services to all our guests and compliments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

Your generous compliments have been shared with the team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very different Place within busy city like Gurgaon, After the day ends and I sit and see around makes me feel refreshed and gives immense pleasure..Spacious well maintained rooms to suit you all requirements and make you feel like extremly comfortable. With various food options my favourite is to sit at Brown's with a beer.
All this amazing experience due to amazing people like Jyoti greeting you with a sweet smile always and veru supportive and helpful alongwith Sharad - very energetic and positive.
People truly make it happen!! All the best and Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Palms Town & Country Club,Gurgaon and we thank you for sharing your encouraging feedback through TripAdvisor.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to note that our room decor , overall product, amenities ,service and personnel have left you with a favorable impression. We thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very happy to learn that you enjoy sitting in our english bar "Browns". It is a unique bar in Gurgaon and the best place after a hectic day at work.

Your feedback is very motivating and inspires the team to strive harder towards excellence. Your appreciation has been passed to Jyoti & Sharad and I am sure it will motivate them at work place.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and thank you for recommending our property.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently had the pleasure to stay here again. It is a peaceful oasis in the middle of Gurgaon. It is near the metro station (walking) and near the business district. The staff are very professional.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Anoop_Khushalani2013, Asst. Director - Front Office & Membership Services at The Palms - Town & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with The Palms Town & Country Club, Gurgaon. We are very happy to know you had an enjoyable stay with us during your visit to Gurgaon.

Thank you for the kind words you have for our staff and the location with easy access to the corporate hub of Gurgaon & Metro Stations. We are pleased to know our team members provided outstanding services.

We hope either your work or a holiday brings you back to Gurgaon soon and we get the privilege to serve you again.

Look forward to welcoming you.