“Good Clean Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown
Ranked #11 of 253 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The hotel was clean and easy for us to use as a base while in Delhi. We did love the breakfast.

The VIP room staff was very friendly and courteous. They had daily snacks and drinks for us. They made us feel very welcome.

As a Platinum member, I thought they would upgrade me to a big room and it did show on their website 2 hours before check in that we were given a larger room. But, when we checked in, they gave us a regular room. It was small but sufficient. The one thing I didn't like about the room, other than size, was the layout of the bathroom. It was hard to take a shower without bumping my knee against the tile.

The fitness center was great and it has up to date equipment and was really well cleaned and maintained.

Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidTMike
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear MidTMike,
Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

We thank you for writing in and sharing your valuable suggestions with us. The feedback mentioned is surely looked upon and we assure you of better than best services during your future stays with us.

You may also write directly to Ms. Abha Dwivedi (Director of Rooms) for any other concerns that may have: abha.dwivedi@courtyard.com

very warm regards,
Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Had a very short stay here (about 7 hours) but definitely wished I could have stayed longer. The hotel is located a bit on the interior. I dont think there is much around that you can walk to but the hotel is self sufficient in terms of dining etc. The rooms were very nice, modern but not in that stark kind of way. Lots of wood give it a cozy feel.

The room has a lot of outlets which is fantastic and they are all compatible with almost any kind of plug which is great. No more hunting for that plug adapter. Internet is free for rewards members and works well and you can connect multiple devices. The bathroom is large and roomy, the shower spacious and with good water pressure. The in room toiletries are whatever but they suffice.

The hotels location is such that I dont think a view really exists, so if you get a room without a view, dont sweat it. The staff are capable. Check in was quick and I was in my room in about 5 minutes. Breakfast was included in the room rate at their lobby restaurant though I didnt get the chance to try it. The lobby is nice as well with plenty of seating.

It costs around Rs 500 to Rs 550 to get here from the airport via a metered cab. Toll is additional. Its normally a 20 minute route but traffic can be a real pain sometimes so account for that. The hotel charges a hefty Rs 1600 for a one way transfer. Its convenient but you can go for much cheaper by just picking up the phone and ordering a cab. On the whole, it was a quick and comfortable stay here....no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank sandyjb83

Dear Sandyjb83,
Warm greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgoan!

Oceans of thanks for your lovely reviews, wish you stayed longer and allowed us to service you for some more time/days. It is very encouraging for the team to receive this response from you.

We hope you see you again very soon.

Thanks & warm regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2012

My first comment is WOW! This property is so much nicer than any other Courtyard at which I have stayed. The staff are friendly and exceedingly helpful. I stayed at this property for 18 nights. It would have been unbearable if this hotel had not been so good. Many of the staff knew my name within the first couple of days. I received more than one call from the manager on duty asking if everything was up to my liking. I did not have a single problem while staying there.
Both the Red Zen and the Momo restaurants have good food and excellent service. Room service quality is excellent, reasonably priced and efficient.
The hotel provides you with bottled water each day when they clean your room. I got a massage in the spa which was amazing. The fitness facility is kept nice and cool which is nice since it was so very hot outside. The pool area was beautiful.

I could go on and on!

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw were great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Rexah,
Warm greetings from Courtyard Marriott, Gurgaon!

Many thanks for the lovely feedback, it truly makes us feel so special in our guest's eyes. Please let us know when will you grace us with your presence next.

We look forward to offering better than best services in your next stay!

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I had an overnight from New Delhi to Ahmedabad and decided to stay here since it was close to the airport. At least I thought it was close. It was actually 30 minutes from airport to hotel at night and 35 minutes from hotel to airport in the morning. Still, not bad.

The hotel itself was very nicely appointed, far nicer than a typical Courtyard in the US, more on the lines of a regular Marriott in the US. The restaurant choices are good and the bar is small but stylish and friendly.

Since I was only there one night, I did not get to do much but was pleased with the accommodations. The driver was there to pick me up when I arrived 45 minutes late, and was right there when I needed to leave in the morning. The hotel staff could not have been any nicer or more eager to help.

The buffet breakfast was wonderful, far more than I needed. Full of western and Indian dishes and, again, the staff went out of their way to describe each item on the buffet table. Though I am very fluent in Indian cuisine, I enjoyed hearing their descriptions as they thought a westerner should hear it. The service was extremely attentive, more as in a 4 star restaurant than a hotel buffet breakfast.

The room itself was decent, certainly up to US standards. Not large but big enough and clean and comfortable. Certainly larger than many European or Asian hotel rooms.

My only issue was the price. The lowest price listed is 8100 rupees (about $145 as I write this, the rupee is very low against the $ right now). That's not bad at all, even if this is not an airport hotel. However, I got the business package which included transportation to and from the airport, buffet breakfast, and internet. That was 11,000 rupees on my bill (it is currently listed at 10,500), which is $196. In the US this is an okay deal for an "airport" hotel. in India, not so much.

Beware the taxes when you book. There was a luxury tax of almost $20, an accommodation Service Tax of almost $24, a tax on breakfast of another $1.50 or so, so that's about $46 in taxes.

The only thing that truly annoyed me was that I was told that internet was included in the price of 11,000 rupees. When I got my bill there was a Telephone luxury tax, a telephone service tax and a broadband sales item totaling about $16.40. I was told that yes, internet was included but when I signed on I had somehow signed on to the "faster" internet (it was regular internet) and not the "slower" internet provided in the business package. That was irksome, I had no way of knowing that, especially at 10pm after a 30 hour trip.

Drinks at the bar and my total was $284 for a single nights stay.

If you do not get the package, take a cab (sort of risky), eliminate the breakfast and do not get internet, you can be in for about $170 after taxes.

Still, no complaints at all (other than the internet). The hotel, food and staff all rate 5 stars. The price is 3 - 4 stars but overall I'll give it 5.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Prince_of_Peas
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The hotel is relly good and offers nice and comfortable rooms. Restaurant are really good and staff is kind and keen to help you.
Only one thing to avoid: don't ask the concierge any indication on tailors, craft shops or city tour. He sent me to Delhi Haat Craft Cottage Industries which is there only to cheat tourists. I expected that in such hotel this things do not happen. In Mumbay I got very good advices at the Taj Mahal hotel for expample so I trust also here the advices.
Apart from that everything was ok.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Xela73Milan,
Greetings from Courtyard Marriott, Gurgaon!

We really appreciate your kind feedback and comments, request if could drop in a detailed report mail to abha.dwivedi@courtyard.com to be able to investigate the incident and service you better in your future stays with us.

Really apologise for the inconvenience caused due to our conceirge desk.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I strongly suggest they change their category as others won't discover this hotel when searching.
I was upgraded to room 1507, next to the exec lounge, still very quiet.
The pool was enjoyable but needs more seating and loungers. Was a bit out of the way but you can book tours at the travel desk. My driver was wonderful and is nice to have someone that can find the hotel at the end of the day.
The personnel at the travel desk need to be more precise or give you an itinerary as this caused some confusion.
The ride to the airport was only about twenty minutes as I left before five am.
A great business property but not thrilled with the meals there. Stick to the buffet.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Sallyhess,
Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

Thanks a lot for the wonderful feedback. Yes, the points that you mentioned will be definately looked upon and we assure you of better services during your future stays with us.

We look forward to seeing you soon now.

Thanks & warm regards,
+91 95600 94478

Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 weeks for business trip. More or less confined to hotel nightly due to conference calls. Restaurants were great and had lots of options if you're not adventurous. Staff often went above & beyond to help our team.
Used the hotel cars daily to get to office without issues and used them tor tours to Agra and Delhi. Both trips had knowledgeable drivers and guides.
If your Marriott status gets you into the executive lounge I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bfolds5
MatthewCoop, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear BFolds5,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is public, positive feedback such as this that continues to encourage my team to do better and better.

I look forward to seeing you back in the hotel again soon.

Kindest regards