“On the whole a pleasant experience”

Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown
Ranked #18 of 228 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“On the whole a pleasant experience”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed there on the 9th & 10th of October and again on the 15th of October. The first part of the trip, the room was great. The room that they gave me was neat and clean and nice. Things worked and it was a pleasant experience. I asked for breakfast at 5.30 in the morning and in spite of the fact that breakfast was not served till 6.30, it was delivered to my room on time so I was not delayed in leaving.

Used the Spa the first time around. It was NOT a pleasant experience. The masseur had personal hygiene problems and stank.

On the 15th, the room that they gave me was bad. The toilet kept on flushing, the air con did not cool, the hot water jug was broken... I reached late at 11:30 PM and after a tiring day driving, I didn't notice all this when I checked in. By the time I noticed after having dinner, I was too tired to ask for a replacement room.

They got in touch with me the next day and has promised that the next room will be better. If I decide to stay there again...

Room Tip: Get the executive class rooms or whatever they call it now. The rooms are better and the freebies li...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Animitra G
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon for your stay while in our city.

We are truly delighted to read your review with positive feedback for hotel’s location, staff, services, and rooms. It is our constant endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused at the spa. We have taken appropriate measures and the same has been addressed .

Whilst we do spend a lot of time in training our team to meet and exceed guest expectations -your feedback on the quality of room is definitely valuable and we shall continue to train our team to ensure that such feedback is not repeated. I am sure you will notice improvements on your future visits here.

Whilst the team strives to exceed every guest’s expectations, such feedback only makes our resolve stronger. My personal gratitude for the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott and assure you of efficient, proactive service once again.

Kanika Hasrat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
New York
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Complete with restaurant, enormous lobby, a spa and large rooms. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful - almost too much so, with any meal interrupted at least 3 times by someone asking if the meal is ok. Very good breakfast buffet. God location if you are visiting a business in Gurgaon - but an hour from Delhi. The spa is tiny with fewer services offered than I have seen at other Indian luxury hotels I have stayed in , and it would be essential to reserve ahead.

4 Thank Traveler2005
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon for your stay in the city.

I am delighted to read such a wonderful feedback for the hotel and my staff on trip advisor. Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations.
We are primarily a business hotel , hence the spa is not as elaborate as a luxury property that you see. Our recreational facilities like the pool and gymnasium are common preferences amongst many.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Howrah, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've visited last week for my official meeting. The hotel is in Gurgaon, sector 27. The ambiance, staffs, interiors and security is excellent. There are a lo of variety of foods in MoMo cafe and taste are yummy... Security is so strong that you'll not take a photograph of hotel i.e. why i'm unable to upload photos. The swimming pool, gym, spa is like star category. The reception is very attractive. the rate is reasonable.

Room Tip: 6th floor room is smoking. At the time of booking, plz mention smoking room is required or not?
2 Thank Rajen_Moitra
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!!

We consider it a privilege to have served you and I was delighted to read such wonderful feedback from you on our hotel’s ambiance, staff, décor and security. The team at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon is constantly making the efforts to exceed expectations. Security is one of the primary criteria that travelers look at while travelling and we ensure that our standards are the best in the industry .

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed a wonderful and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 29 October 2013

A good hotel. Plenty of choices of breakfast. Good decor of the room. Complimentary internet. 10 mins walk to the Metro station. A fair choice in Gurgaon area. But the TV is not so new and there is no USB port on the TV to play movies.

2 Thank TianMichael
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Pros -- Very modern property, spacious and well-appointed rooms, supremely comfortable beds, nice happy hour in the lounge, fantastic breakfast and very friendly and professional staff

Cons -- An hour from downtown Delhi and 20 minutes (in the other direction) from the airport so would only recommend staying here if that location works for your trip

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank defaultusername123
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

Thank you for having stayed with us and we are extremely delighted to read your feedback in regard to the hotel’s décor, rooms, comfort ability, executive lounge, breakfast services and my team. At Marriott we are extremely proud of our bedding standards and we are glad you had a restful sleep .

We do understand your concern in regard to distance to Delhi . However , the hotel is very strategically located amidst the city- close to airport as well as the famous corporate hub of Gurgaon, ‘Cyber City’, the shopping malls of Gurgaon as well as entertainment and theater options are in close proximity. For travel to Delhi we recommend our guests use the Metro facility which is only a 5 minutes walk from the hotel .

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised on the general ambience and cleanliness of the hotel. We got upgraded to Executive room after paying some minimal amount. The linens are super clean and comfortable. The rooms air conditioning was ON when we entered, with fresh rooms it was a great first impressions.

Food is great. Staff in general is fine, but not so great experience at Executive Lounge. Foreigners get special attention and respect. The staff is of newbies out of college and need training and experience dealing with kids. For example, the staff didn't like the fact that my 8 year old used too many plates to serve herself various dishes at the buffet..

Overall, great hotel, good location and value for money..

Room Tip: Make sure you know the restaurant timings well enough
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ramkan
Kanika H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

I am delighted to hear such positive and appreciative feedback for the hotel, the rooms, my team and the services. Thank you indeed for the compliment!! I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team.

Whilst we spend lot of time to train our hotel staff, your feedback is highly valued and will be used to help us make improvements. I do appreciate the feedback in terms of handling children – that is indeed an art and based on your feedback we are addressing the same in our daily briefings and you should notice an improvement of future stays,

Thank you once again for your positive and appreciative feedback and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had booked this hotel for my parents while they were visiting india from canada.
OMG I have to sent my account Info for 4 to 5 times before they can find it in their system. Every time staff shift change I have to repeat my self on the phone from canada about account info sounds like to me their is very poor communication between the hotel staff.

First time I have a bad experience with Marriott chain. Hope Marriott international fix the problem and franchise train his staff better to look after Clients on administration side.
I wish I have opportunity to talk to GM of this location or marriott corporate india to address my concerns about this location.
Paul canada 1403-613-8700