“Can I live here?”

Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown
Ranked #15 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Jacksboro, Tennessee
“Can I live here?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Beautiful property, very secure, rooms are clean and very modern. Wish there were sweet options from the mini-bar, but other than that, I have no complaints at all. I tried the spa and had the best Swedish Massage ever, and the food at Momo is excellent--I adore their crispy spring rolls. The pool is clean and secluded from the street levels. I love my room and would love to replicate it at home! I absolutely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I had room 504. Great view of the city, near the elevators but not close enough to hear them, high...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen A
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon! Yes – we are thrilled that you choose to say with us!!!!It is an absolute pleasure to read fabulous review. Thank you very much for your appreciation towards our staff services. Your kind feedback about our services is a perfect testimony of our ethos of excellence in hospitality and is much valued by the entire team.

Thank you also for your comments in terms of the minibar offerings- please do let the team know what you would prefer and we shall organize the same .

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel.

Kanika Hasrat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a picky eater but Chef Negi makes me this chicken and veggie dish that is to did for. I would probably starve in India if it wasn't for him! Also the breakfast buffet he puts out is delicious! Thank you Chef!

The staff here is so kind. Whenever you have a complaint they do their best to rectify ASAP!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Foxworth_taylor
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pride to read your appreciation towards our staff and services at Momo Café. Whislt we aspire to exceed guests expectations everyday – it is comments from valuable guests such as yourself that make the team aspire for more . At Marriott we believe in 'taking care of our associates who in turn takes care of our guests' and your feedback made this belief come to life . Your comments are true motivation for us and Chef Negi is indeed an asset to us . He was thrilled on reading your comments – thank you for making his day .

We hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back and enjoy your favorite chicken and veggies at the hotel.

Best regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

In addition to short stays, I spend a month here each year. I always look forward to the hospitality, and I am always pleased/surprised that it's even better than last visit. A great and convenient facility, with all the amenities that one expects and better food/services than one expects, the hotel stands out because of the friendly, genuine, superb personal hospitality of the staff -- from top to bottom. The warm and friendly ambiance created by this hospitality ethic is pervasive -- like friends or home more than like efficient hotel staff. Considering the convenient location as well, you can't find a better 'home away from home'. I've also held 3-day business meetings here for 2 or 3 dozen senior managers, and the hotel handled all matters perfectly. A winner. I don't look elsewhere, and I hold this hotel up as my standard.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AAC4
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience of your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

Your recognition is indeed our reward. Thank You for the feedback in regard to the room, facilities, my team and services - is truly what we aspire to achieve every day. The team at the hotel was delighted to receive your feedback and miss you and your warm smile too.

Thank you for the acknowledgement and the recognitionWe hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back and serve you again.

Thank you!!

Best regards
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is located close to the Airport as well as to the Delhi Metro station . It has great customer Service and the meals were Excellent . We were spoilt for choice. The Concierge couldnt do enough to help us and event sent a parcel on our behalf !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adaroc
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the stay with us. Thank you for your appreciative comments about our Hotel, the location, rooms and services, food and above all service. We are committed to providing you with the best services at all times and will work on the feedback shared by you. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we want you to know that we truly value your continued relationship with Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Especially if you are staying for a longer term, this hotel is definitely the most comfortable and friendly place to stay. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed, and always meticulously clean. It is far superior to any Courtyard level property in the Marriott chain in which we have stayed before.
The staff at MoMo's cafe take great pains to get to know their guests, and always brought us our preferred breakfast drinks before we even asked.
The hotel staff never failed to offer a greeting and a thoughtful, "Did you take good rest, ma'am?" or "How was your shopping, ma'am?"
The trainer in the gym was so knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, we even hired him to come to our community gym in his off hours to train us after we moved out of the hotel and into a flat in Gurgaon. I highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank DBurchette
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon and making our day!!!!

Your feedback in regard to the room, facilities and services - is truly what we aspire to achieve every day. It is very important for us that our guests feel pampered and well taken care of. And we are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed a comfortable stay at the hotel. It is our constant endeavor to exceed every guest expectations ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services and I am indeed grateful for your kind words for Chef Piyawat, Trainer Anil and the team at the hotel .

We wish you a pleasant stay in Gurgaon and hope to see you again at the hotel.

Noida, India
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Review only for Momo Cafe

I have been to Momo cafe numerous times in the last one and a half year thanks to my Marriott Preferred membership.

The ambience and layout of the restaurant is very classy. Their buffet selection is huge - standard Indian fare combined with Chinese dishes, Chicken/Lamb/Fish dish, wide assortment of salads usually 7-8, english breads, made to order pizzas and pastas etc. Taste wise food is just about okay. One or two dishes generally stand out. Most enticing part of their buffet is their dessert menu which really pampers you to the point of confusing you. Service is brilliant.

They would do well if they reduced their wide selection and focussed on the palate.

Would recommend once for sure.

Room Tip: Go for the buffet. Always
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AnshulT381
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent experience at MoMo Cafe!

It is always a great pleasure to see you and your family in our restaurant. It is our constant endeavor to make each of our guests feel at home and not just “looked after”. Your compliments are truly appreciated and we would like to thank you for your recognition and encouragement which will greatly motivate each one of us to do better in the future.
With the upcoming summers we will soon commence our summer coolers promotion and a Thai food fest in June . We look forward to welcoming you back to MoMo café

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for almost a week. Great property at a good location right next to the HUDA city metro station & markets and very hospitable staff.

However it had its kinks (and they are mostly unacceptable given the price for the room) and fixing them would make it perfect:
- Every weekend the restaurant (and they have only 1) would run out of space for breakfast. And what was unacceptable was the way they handled it. Instead of accepting an issue they would say you should have asked for a reservation (come on I am hotel guest with a breakfast included), only today etc. And while it would take 20 minutes to get a table the restaurant manager was very prompt to remind that the buffet would close by 10.30. The least if you are not able to accommodate guest is to extend the time or atleast not add insult to injury to come and remind every day.
- I have not figured why a hotel that charges 10000 per night does not provide wifi. If you become a rewards member they give you basic wifi that essentially does not work. Talk about being penny wise pound foolish. Even a 1000Rs per night guest house provide wifi now a days.
- This is another one of those anomalies that you find in almost all Gurgaon hotel. Why is it a all glass bathroom? What happens if you are staying with kids or some acquaintance. Expect a nude show. And the ones here are esp bad as the wooden curtains like peep holes and are outside of the bathroom so anyone can draw them.

Every time I asked to see the GM they would give all excuses and send junior managers saying we will convey it. Smacks of a fear culture. I see the GM is very active on tripadvisor but I wish she had the right culture on the ground and her staff was not as fearful of having guest meet her.

Anyway as I said otherwise it is a great property and a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the golf view road side to have a good view of the Gurgaon skyline.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Karanjit S
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your detailed view and suggestions on your experience with Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

Thank you for your appreciative comments about our Hotel, the rooms, food and above all service. We are committed to providing you with the best services at all times and will work on the feedback shared by you. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we want you to know that we truly value your continued relationship with Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

Whilst I am grateful to you for your positive feedback, I do apologize for the poor experience at the restaurant. I am indeed surprised that the team failed to meet your expectations as the team at the hotel is indeed our biggest strength. This is definitely not our standard and I have addressed the same with the respective teams concerned. Whilst we do spend a lot of time in training our team, feedback such as yours means that we need to try harder.
It is indeed unfortunate I missed meeting you when you asked for me at the hotel as I was on leave on Election day .My team and I will ensure that your future stay with us exceeds your expectations and would request you to connect with me personally .
We do value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon and assure you of improved experience.