“Dependable business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Gurugram Downtown

Courtyard Gurugram Downtown
Ranked #21 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dependable business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here a few times over a 4 month period.
Staff and hotel facilities very good, express check-in is a recent improvement and does speed things up. All rooms I have stayed in have been spacious and immaculate in terms of cleanliness.
The hotel has a Cafe/Restaurant called the Momo Cafe - menu is ok but the restaurant/bar does lack an atmosphere and my colleagues and I did tend to wander 5 mins up the road to the Park Plaza, which has a fantastic roof-top terrace bar.
I did enjoy using the pool facilities but the hotel does seem to have an issue with pigeons congregating around the pool.
All in all a very smart, modern, friendly and reliable business hotel. The staff are a credit to the hotel and always look to go out of their way to help.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel have better views, higher the better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

We are happy to learn that you were pleased with your stay at the hotel. Thank you for appreciating our hotel’s décor, rooms and facilities offered- this is indeed a great motivator to each of us .

Feedback from discerning guests such as yourself are our strongest tool to improve further and I am thankful for the same. Rest assured the feedback on the restaurant is vital and we shall soon be undergoing a soft redo to upgrade the same . Unfortunately our best efforts to keep the pigeons away have not yielded any results . We would be grateful if you could share any technology that can help in this regard.

We can assure you that this feedback has been addressed with the team responsible and the team will set systems and procedures to ensure that such feedback is not repeated. Looking forward to an even better experience next time .

Kanika Hasrat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

i went to attend a conference of my company, the conference facilities are good, running tea and coffee and attentive staff all the time, lunch was organised at coffee shop named some cafe, the food was excellent hence i called my local relatives in the evening to join, i was amazed to see the recognation and hospitable attitute of staff at coffee shop, i requested them to have the pizza and starters served at table and same was done quickly, although the restaurant was fully occupied by other diners too. any one can easily make out as servers were using guest name that the staff is very well trained. Later i went to concierge to ask for

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rohendra
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

I am indeed proud to read about your experience – thank you for sharing the same. Your words of appreciation have truly made our day! I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable time and you were extremely happy with the hotel services and the facilities available. We indeed take pride into assisting our dear guests the best we can.

Thank You for the kind words for the staff and services.

We look forward to welcome you again at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

jaipur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I had booked this hotel as am silver elite guest of Marriott , Positives :- Express Cbeckin , Spacious room , Comfortable beds ; Negatives :- Ar your service not prompt and not up to mark , Food served for dinner was terrible even though had specified my preference didn't eat it left the tray outside my room but no one called bk was dead tired so slept hungry , housekeeping services too bad as they don't clean spilled tea on table even though person was there to give me pillows which is not acceptable , I have stayed at lot of Marriott hotels including Jw Marriott Phuket , Bangjok , Delhi , Chandigarh , Mumbai had the best stays in all of them, I cannot recommend this hotel even its a Marriott hotel as Marriott Hotels are my 1st Choice .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear this feedback concerning the service in our hotel restaurant.

I am indeed surprised that the team failed to respond to your needs as the team at the hotel is indeed our biggest strength. This is definitely not our standard and I have addressed the same with the team. Whilst we do spend a lot of time in training our staff, feedback such as yours means that we need to try harder. The team of chefs would have been delighted to make meals to suit your palate had you shared the same .
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused and this is not how we wish to be perceived by our guests. At this note, I would be pleased to have an opportunity to host you at the hotel. My team and I will ensure that your experience will be up to the expectations. Please contact my colleague, Umesh Dalal at umesh.dalal@marriott.com or myself at kanika.hasrat@marriott.com

We do value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon and assure you of improved experience.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

It was a good experience throughout fom Check-in to check-out. Staff were efficient and engaged in friendly chat (makes the hotel so much more personal than a very clinical approach at many large hotels).

The rooms were clean and well maintained. One day my room was not made when I returned from the meeting. It was attended to quickly and a floor manager followed-up to ensure that it was all fine.

Breakfast & Lunch spread was good. As Indians in general tend to eat late, the restaurant was not fully ready to serve lunch even at 12:30 PM. The staff were however quite attentive and brought out food to me as soon as it became available. The Chinese style food was quite authentic.

A good experience overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MKelkar
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your detailed view and suggestions on your experience with Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

It is truly rewarding to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.
We like to thank you for recommending us through this portal and for your appreciative comments about our hotel, the rooms, lobby, buffet and food and above all services. We are committed to providing you with the best services at all times and will work on the feedback shared by you.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to host you again at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I arranged a farewell party for our Director. We were given decent discounts for 30 persons.
The staff was friendly.
Food quality was ok, not very good but not bad either.
The starters were good, but they were slow in replenishing the stock.
It was weird they had limited types of soft drinks, I mean they did not had Sprite / fanta / mirinda / limca. We had to do with coke/ ginger honey drinks. That too were not chilled.

Not recommended for personal events at all, the place was not fun at all.
But my office group had a good time as we were just sharing our office experiences with the team, I only recd complaints for the AC which was somehow not effective.
Positive: I was able to arrange a dinner party with reasonable budget, at a place where we could invite our director and other senior management.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent experience at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortfalls in service you received during the event. Please be assured that we are investigating the points you raised and will immediately take the appropriate steps to improve upon the services provided to our guests. This is definitely not our standard and I have addressed the same with the team.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed during transit at this property in Gurgaon, India in April and May 2014. From check in to check out, it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very helpful. Rooms were good. Breakfast spread was nice. Overall, very happy with the experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pankaj5246
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that were pleased with your stay at the hotel. Thank You for appreciating the hotel’s courteous staff, rooms and buffet breakfast.

We look forward to welcome you back at your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was in Delhi at the Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon and forgot a medical pillow which is personalized, and I emailed the hotel but no luck. Tonight I checked with Assistant Front desk Manager Mr Pragil Prabhakaran on check in, and he proceeded to search for it at the laundry and after more than an hour and a half managed to locate it and brought it to my room personally. Kudos and much appreciated, my sleep saver.
A special word of thanks to Mr Pragil, my utmost appreciation,
Mazin Dia

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mazinlamis
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on trip advisor, with regards to your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

Pragil is indeed an asset to our company and takes personal attention and care to every guest he comes across. I have conveyed your thanks to Pragil and he was super excited to see his name on trip advisor. I apologize this could not get resolved at your first attempt, however we have noted your preference and would be happy to store the pillow at the hotel and place in your room for your future stay. kindly let us know, if this works for you.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you soon at The Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.