“I wouldn't change a thing...”

Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown
Ranked #14 of 235 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cleveland, Ohio
“I wouldn't change a thing...”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I don't think I've said this before about a hotel. It really was that good. From the moment I checked in (Early, as my flight got in before noon), to the moment I checked out (Late, because my flight left near midnight), I had a great experience. Check that - I forgot to include the car service the hotel provided from and to the airport...That was awesome, too!

The entire staff couldn't have been more helpful my entire visit. They struck the perfect balance of friendly and attentive, without the intrusiveness I sometimes see in other Asian hotels. I saw many, many westerners as guests throughout my stay, and the hotel staffs' familiarity with Western personalities was clear. Well done!

I wish all hotels rooms were like the one I had... Lots of electrical outlets in all the key places (And they were universal design, meaning I didn't need any of my adaptors), the shower was huge (And water pressure was awesome!), the closets were big, the TV worked well, the bed was comfortable... Even the shades worked well (they closed properly - Overlapping well to keep out the early morning light).

The morning buffet at the restaurant had a wide offering. My second morning, I decided to do something I've never done - I asked the server for help with the Indian portion of the buffet. He was AMAZING - He asked my tastes, and then brought me many samples of the different dishes, explaining to me how to eat them. I can't believe I haven't done this before! He seemed to enjoy helping me as much as I enjoyed the meal. It was probably the best breakfast I have ever had - And certainly the best experience with breakfast. I STRONGLY suggest you ask for help, and try something new. You're in India... Eat an Indian breakfast!!! I can't thank my wonderful server enough for helping me out.

The workout facility was great - Clean, everything worked well, open 24 hours, and during the day, there's an assistant to wipe off the equipment.

The hotel is a bit set away from much of anything - Nowhere to really walk around (Not that I wanted to leave), and the security will be a bit jarring for anyone new here (Car inspections, metal detectors, and X-ray machines will greet you), but after a few days, and seeing security everywhere, you get used to it.

This is my company's hotel of choice in the Delhi area, and I am really looking forward to my next visit. Bravo, Courtyard Gurgaon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NelPit
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your detailed view and suggestions on your experience with Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

On behalf of the staff, a warm "thank you!”

Your words of appreciation have truly made our day!

We are grateful for you appreciative comments about our Hotel, the rooms, lobby, food and above all service. We are committed to providing you with the best services at all times and your appreciative feedback is truly what we aspire to achieve every day. We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay and a pleasant time at Gurgaon. Your appreciation of our courteous staff, breakfast buffet and food, the splendid view, security systems and our spacious rooms is encouraging.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we want you to know that we truly value your continued relationship with Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

We look forward to see you again.

Kanika Hasrat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for nearly a week with my husband while he worked locally in Gurgaon. The hotel is very clean with really helpful and friendly staff. The gym is excellent, but the swimming pool is a little small, could be cleaner too, and more well maintained. There is a nice executive lounge, although a little small with the range of food and drinks being limited, but nevertheless we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DebbieFaerie
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon for your recent stay in Gurgaon.

I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and am grateful to you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are thankful for the constructive feedback and I am sure you will notice improvements. Thank you once again for taking time out to share feedback about our hotel.

We look forward to serve you again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Every time I travel to Gurgaon, I visit this hotel. I have other choices, the Leela, the Oberoi, but I keep coming back here due to the friendly touches and the Indian hospitality. While the hotel is showing its age a bit, the people make this a safe and pleasant refuge from the noise of Gurgaon. Any Marriott member should seriously consider this as their home away from home in Gurgaon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

It is our constant endeavor to make each of our guests feel at home and not just “looked after”. Your compliments are truly appreciated and we would like to thank you for your recognition and encouragement which will greatly motivate each one of us to do better in the future. We value your feedback and are currently in process of refurbishment for the exterior of the property and shall soon be introducing a new stunning banquet space at the hotel.

Thank You once again for your kind words of appreciation for us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here a few times over a 4 month period.
Staff and hotel facilities very good, express check-in is a recent improvement and does speed things up. All rooms I have stayed in have been spacious and immaculate in terms of cleanliness.
The hotel has a Cafe/Restaurant called the Momo Cafe - menu is ok but the restaurant/bar does lack an atmosphere and my colleagues and I did tend to wander 5 mins up the road to the Park Plaza, which has a fantastic roof-top terrace bar.
I did enjoy using the pool facilities but the hotel does seem to have an issue with pigeons congregating around the pool.
All in all a very smart, modern, friendly and reliable business hotel. The staff are a credit to the hotel and always look to go out of their way to help.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel have better views, higher the better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to learn that you were pleased with your stay at the hotel. Thank you for appreciating our hotel’s décor, rooms and facilities offered- this is indeed a great motivator to each of us .

Feedback from discerning guests such as yourself are our strongest tool to improve further and I am thankful for the same. Rest assured the feedback on the restaurant is vital and we shall soon be undergoing a soft redo to upgrade the same . Unfortunately our best efforts to keep the pigeons away have not yielded any results . We would be grateful if you could share any technology that can help in this regard.

We can assure you that this feedback has been addressed with the team responsible and the team will set systems and procedures to ensure that such feedback is not repeated. Looking forward to an even better experience next time .

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

i went to attend a conference of my company, the conference facilities are good, running tea and coffee and attentive staff all the time, lunch was organised at coffee shop named some cafe, the food was excellent hence i called my local relatives in the evening to join, i was amazed to see the recognation and hospitable attitute of staff at coffee shop, i requested them to have the pizza and starters served at table and same was done quickly, although the restaurant was fully occupied by other diners too. any one can easily make out as servers were using guest name that the staff is very well trained. Later i went to concierge to ask for

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rohendra
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your review on Trip Advisor for Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon!

I am indeed proud to read about your experience – thank you for sharing the same. Your words of appreciation have truly made our day! I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable time and you were extremely happy with the hotel services and the facilities available. We indeed take pride into assisting our dear guests the best we can.

Thank You for the kind words for the staff and services.

We look forward to welcome you again at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.

jaipur
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I had booked this hotel as am silver elite guest of Marriott , Positives :- Express Cbeckin , Spacious room , Comfortable beds ; Negatives :- Ar your service not prompt and not up to mark , Food served for dinner was terrible even though had specified my preference didn't eat it left the tray outside my room but no one called bk was dead tired so slept hungry , housekeeping services too bad as they don't clean spilled tea on table even though person was there to give me pillows which is not acceptable , I have stayed at lot of Marriott hotels including Jw Marriott Phuket , Bangjok , Delhi , Chandigarh , Mumbai had the best stays in all of them, I cannot recommend this hotel even its a Marriott hotel as Marriott Hotels are my 1st Choice .

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear this feedback concerning the service in our hotel restaurant.

I am indeed surprised that the team failed to respond to your needs as the team at the hotel is indeed our biggest strength. This is definitely not our standard and I have addressed the same with the team. Whilst we do spend a lot of time in training our staff, feedback such as yours means that we need to try harder. The team of chefs would have been delighted to make meals to suit your palate had you shared the same .
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused and this is not how we wish to be perceived by our guests. At this note, I would be pleased to have an opportunity to host you at the hotel. My team and I will ensure that your experience will be up to the expectations. Please contact my colleague, Umesh Dalal at umesh.dalal@marriott.com or myself at kanika.hasrat@marriott.com

We do value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon and assure you of improved experience.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It was a good experience throughout fom Check-in to check-out. Staff were efficient and engaged in friendly chat (makes the hotel so much more personal than a very clinical approach at many large hotels).

The rooms were clean and well maintained. One day my room was not made when I returned from the meeting. It was attended to quickly and a floor manager followed-up to ensure that it was all fine.

Breakfast & Lunch spread was good. As Indians in general tend to eat late, the restaurant was not fully ready to serve lunch even at 12:30 PM. The staff were however quite attentive and brought out food to me as soon as it became available. The Chinese style food was quite authentic.

A good experience overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MKelkar
KanikaHasrat, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gurugram Downtown, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It is truly rewarding to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.
We like to thank you for recommending us through this portal and for your appreciative comments about our hotel, the rooms, lobby, buffet and food and above all services. We are committed to providing you with the best services at all times and will work on the feedback shared by you.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to host you again at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon.