“Great Location and everything else was average (Hot Water limited)”
Review of Vista Park

Vista Park
Ranked #70 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
New Delhi, India
“Great Location and everything else was average (Hot Water limited)”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here in Feb this year for a week in their premium room. The hotel's location is great, everything from Starbucks to pizza hut to mainland china is right across the street. The room was nice and the bathroom was great. It had a bath tub, separate shower enclosure and it was clean and well kept. The bathroom doesn't have a separate geyser and the time for hot water is fixed!!! If you call them they will generally put on the water for you and you will get hot water in about 30 min. I found this extremely inconvenient as I was never there in the evening hot water curfew and remember that this right in the middle of a really cold winter, where I had to wear thermals, jacket etc to keep warm and not having hot water can really spoil your day.

I was here on work, so I needed to get out in the morning and that meant having the complimentary breakfast. It wasn't something to write home about. Mediocre is the best word I can use to describe it. Limited choice and having it repeated almost 7 days in a row did feel crappy.

On day 2, I borrowed a friends car for the time I was there and when I reached the hotel I was told that I cannot park there and I had to park in the public parking opposite to the hotel. When I said that I was told that there is parking when I booked (makemytrip) , the guard told that the hotel owner's car is parked and I cannot park because I might block him!! I called out to somebody else in the hotel and he said the same thing.

The same day when I went back to the room and used the new replaced towel, it had a hole in it! It looked more like a rag then towel, but it was clean so I shut up and used it.

Its a good enough hotel with nice rooms and good location, if only they can work on their people skills and realize that might be , just might be, the guest is as Important as the owner and do something about their hot water and breakfast then they might be able to get better customer satisfaction.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KhanTheImran
Sudipto H, General Manager at Vista Park, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Due Apologies for a delayed revert on your feedback.

Apparently " nothing went right " is what can be said about your entire stay in February 2014.

Hot water, Parking Space and a Towel with a rough scrub and a hole in it...all issues can be resolved had they been dealt with sensitivity.

Though the standards of services are asking for more, yet these issues can be treated in isolation as these are not our benchmarks in offering hospitality.

Quality of Linen and Hot water supply during winter hold a paramount importance for each and every guest and this we should have been much more alert about.

Parking issue of not allowing your car to be parked is an issue of being compassionate about and the owner /management does not subscribe to the views of the hotel personnel/security guard whose views have been highlighted by you. The guest is First and reigns supreme and we try and accommodate parking in the little bit of space in the driveway that we have. I simply offer my apologies for the same.

I wish to see you again and give us a chance for the recovery of our services.

Sudipto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 3 April 2014

starting with the check-in , the service was smooth and without any hassles. The receptionist at 10.30 pm was courteous and polite. The hotels location is suberb and is surrounded with bars and restaurants within the immediate proximity of the hotel. there is ample car park space in the hotel's owned driveway and the paid parking service however be aware of unassisted parking on the road because such parked cars are towed away. Coming back to the hotel, the elevators are extremely small, fit for 2-3 persons of normal size, the 4th one will have to squeeze !. However, the elevators do the job. the Rooms are spacious / not too large but enough to give you the basic comforts. Bed is indeed good and the aircon did work well. The best bit was the shower. for the standard room I stayed in , the shower area was separate and it is big, spacious with hot and cold mix water from a large shower plate. Nice working facilities in the bathroom.
The room has big wardrobes but no slippers. The television in the room did not have a good service which was amended at my request.

accommodations available in the area are all the same with similar facilities so not really a comparison. On the upside the location is superb and makes for a safe and good walk after dinner in and around the square.

Room Tip: request to see more than one available room--> choose--> pay--> board
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sudipto H, General Manager at Vista Park, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Whistletec,

Thanks for the commendable feedback on the hotel as a product and in its services.

In areas wherein you found our services wanting, we have noted the same and we assure you of improvements in them.

We will be waiting to see you back.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The Vista Park is a reasonably small hotel, but the highlight is definately the rooms and location.

The rooms are reasonably large, very clean and have the usual facilities, but all are good quality.

Location is good with the park behind the hotel good for a leisurely walk and the square surrounded by some excellent restaruants and bars in front.

Only negatives are the lack of gym or pool and the hotel cars can be inconsistent when it comes to picking up and dropping off.

Also a lack of coathangers in the room - more than 2 please when staying for a week!

1 Thank DozyAF
Sudipto H, General Manager at Vista Park, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Mr DozyAF,

First of all thanks for all the compliments you bestowed on our hotel's cleanliness and product quality. We feel honoured in receiving such an appreciation.

We have also taken a keen note of the inconsistency in the pick up and drop ...we assure we will keep in mind and rectify the fallacy.

Regarding coat hangers , we will keep in mind too.

Thanks for your valued feedback.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

As mentioned my earlier review, I keep coming back to this place because of the location and the good rooms they have. I really must say that the front desk staff have been much more courteous since the last time I visited. However, this time there was some peculiar behaviour from the room service guys. The room door bell rang at 12:30PM when I had not called for any service. When I told him it was some other room he was busy focussing on whats inside the room. This intrigued me further and told him I would have mentioned the reason I had called for him.

Other than that the toiletries have changed, I preferred the old ones

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the road and not the leisure park.
2 Thank sanjeevchris
Mr Sanjeev,

Apologies for the unwarranted behaviour of the room service staff at the odd hours.

It was an action totally uncalled for and I assure of these acts wont be ever repeated again.

I would seriously look forward to see you on your next visit to the town and at the same time once again reassure you of a hassle free stay on your next visit.

Sudipto Hore
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel has nice clean rooms and yes they listen to you. The best part about this hotel is its next to Bikanerwala and other good restaurants providing you a good variety.

Nothing is coming good next

Breakfast menu is limited. They would serve you water if somebody cared else have your time..
Food is pathetic, don't expect and if you do, run out of Hotel. They cannot make your order right. I have had a long time experience here.
Don't expect services of a 4 star. Just expect that its a 3 star building with owner rich enough to put some money in the cerifier's pocket to rate it four,. Nothing next comes close.

They use the same toiletries as the last person guest left except for soap, so once you enter, trash everything and ask them new.. I have been observing this time and again.

AC of this room works when in mood (i was in 204 this time).

1 hanger in wardrobe, don't expect to stay

Internet for 4 hours but may break in between

Don't expect the staff to perform, they are all underpaid ones.
Overall, if its just a night stay, come in else you have far better options in vicinity

Just some last comments...

I just ordered a Mijito and it turned our disaster, requested them to send a boiling hot tea and got a worm one you can gulp down in a sip.. hope you understand what I intend to say

Room Tip: Ask them for a shoe shine and they will tell you all...
1 Thank mohitmannu
Sudipto H, General Manager at Vista Park, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Mr. Mohitmannu,

I have got to see your feedback and unpleasant experiences on various occasions during your stay at Vista Park.
We will investigate them further internally, and I definitely and sincerely regret for as in what went wrong and I assure you that I will see to that your future stays go hassle free.

There has been serious lapses for which I deeply regret.

Regards

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I booked this hotel on MMT for family but the overall experience is pathetic . The rooms were not ready inspite of prior information . There were no towels in the washroom kept and had to be called for . The cups were dirty . Overall unprofessional staff and response .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Manopal2014
Sudipto H, General Manager at Vista Park, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am quite disturbed to learn about the wrong and distasteful experience you had with Vista Park on your last visit.

We want to reassure our commitment towards zero complaint guest services and feel sorry for our lapses during your last visit, be it with towels or dirty cups.

We plea for another chance to recover for our bad services and make your experience with us a good one.

Travellers are raving about these Gurugram (Gurgaon) hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in Jan. 2014. Right from the moment, I arrived in this are, I was quite impressed with the location. It is surrounded by a dozen Restaurants, Pubs, Micro Breweries and Cafes! And then there is Starbucks which is a two minute walk! The hotel stands tall, with the premium rooms over looking the market area. The rooms are spacious. The toilet and bathroom are well laid. The shower cubicle is a bit small, but doable. King size bed is comfortable for a good night's sleep. The breakfast spread is modest but the food is tasty. The staff are generally helpful and courteous. Indeed,I would be staying again in the coming week. And this place has impressed me to become my first choice in Gurgaon henceforth. Hope they maintain the place well.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheShriram
Sudipto H, General Manager at Vista Park, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Mr Shriram,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

We find ourselves in cloud nine with such positive and motivational comments of our valued guests. We will definitely work hard to keep up the good work.

Hope to see you soon.