“Value for money Hotel”

United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon
Ranked #99 of 251 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 25 December 2013

A very good business hotel, located in Gurgaon next to the bus station, has an excellent restaurant and a very good buffet spread for breakfast, dinner. staff are very courteous and handle guests well. rooms are sufficiently spacious and are well kept. Some rooms are extremely good.
Overall a good place to stay on a business visit to around the area, a bit too far away fro business in Delhi. They may provide some transport for pick up and drop too.

Room Tip: Generally all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
TarunThareja, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Mr. Harish

We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

At City Mark Hotel Gurgaon, it is our endeavor to make our guest most comfortable

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Warm Regards,

Tarun Thareja
Resident Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Located in Gurgaon, had a very comfortable stay in City Mark, Room were clean with adequate space and stuffed with all the basic amenities, food was great with loads of variety and well prepared and very humble staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
rdmcitymark, Resident Manager at United-21 Citymark – Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Sir Greetings from City Mark

City Mark team thank you for staying with us.We hope that you will continue to stay with us during your future visits. We look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Tarun Thareja / Resident Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Good people good hotel. I was impressed even by the doorman. They took personal care in all respects. The only problem is the location which is really sad considering how good everything else is. Dinner was nice but the variety was little limited. Same with the breakfast. But the preparation was good. Another good part was the gym and massage chair on tøp floor. Good place to have a good workout and then have a good relaxing massage.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 March 2013

stayed here for 8 days, I am thrilled and I will try in the future to stay in this hotel.

Entire hotel was clean, wonderful and veeery friendly staff. Rooms spacious and clean, toilet also.
Wifi worked without any issues.

Restaurant is a story itself;
- several types of national cuisines (International, Oriental, Indian.. etc..)
- rich breakfast buffet
- Chef even made me a "custom made" dish that was not on the menu.

I warmly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stay 9 nights in city mark hotel. when we arrived there we receive a very fine and friendly welcome by the staffs of the hotel, they served us welcome drink on arrival, The rooms are good in size, with all the modern facilities , linens are very clean, they have putted fruit platter and sweets for us in the room, The restaurant ambiance was good with good food quality specially indian foods. we celebrated holi in the hotel with the hotel staff and other guests it was a very good experience for us . we faced one problem in bathroom the water was not drained from the bathroom but that was rectified immediately .The Front office staffs are very helpful they always gave us good suggestions regarding the location, markets and the local fares. i also like to mention one more thing that is we saw the room boys and other staffs pressurized us to give them tip for there services but in this property it was not there .

so over all it was a great experience .to stay here!!

Room Tip: kindly work on to get the exact location
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Very helpful,clean and friendly service. No views as location is pretty downscale. But the property is patronised by Airlines and is well known. Free transport to the city provided by the hotel makes up for the odd location for tourists and business travellers. Food is clean,tasty and made to preferences. Pleasant stay. Will come back for the warm and friendly staff itself.

Room Tip: Ask for the rearside.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were on a two week trip through Thailand, India and Nepal, and stayed in several hotels during our travels. This was the absolute worst hotel of our trip, and definitely one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Below is a list of the issues we encountered during our stay. I feel I need to provide a negative review online to warn other travelers about the faulty aspects of this hotel. You know how they say you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. That saying completely applies to this property. Don't be fooled by the cosmetic remodeling and fancy touches in the lobby - if you look close, it's still a terrible, poorly insulated and cheap hotel with rude staff.

1. When I arrived at the reception area to check in, I patiently waited to be helped. The hotel employee asked me what he could help with. I told him, "I need to check in to my room." He didn't respond or ask me to sit down. He answered the phone 4 times before asking me again what I needed help with. I repeated, "I need to check into my room." He then got up from his chair and left without saying anything. Then another hotel employee came out and asked what I needed help with. I said, for the third time, "I need to check into my room," and this guy then answered the phone several times without helping me or responding. After his last phone call, he also abruptly got up and left. Then a woman came out and asked me what she could help with. I repeated the same request for the fourth time. She got my name and couldn't find it in the system. She then asked me if I needed to make a reservation. I repeated that I had a reservation, that the hotel driver had just picked me up from the airport. She still couldn't find my information in the system. After about 10 more minutes of her looking, and answering the phone, she asked me for "proof of my reservation." I handed over my paperwork and she was finally able to find the room reservation. After 20 minutes of waiting at the reception area, we finally had a room key. Not smooth, not organized and not friendly check-in at all. Not a good first impression.

2. Room Service was terrible. My sister and I tried to order a bowl of soup and a sandwich from the room service menu. The soup was missing half of the listed ingredients and was only half full of soup (not a full bowl). The room service is ridiculously expensive too. The chicken sandwich and fries were cold by the time they arrived at the room, and the "side salad" mentioned in the menu was three tiny pieces of wilted lettuce in a small bowl with water in the bottom. It was disgusting. We called the room service attendants to ask why our food was incorrect and cold, and spent the next 20 minutes trying to find somebody who could speak English and answer our questions. We finally put the food outside the room and didn't have dinner at all that night. The kitchen staff have NO clue what ingredients are printed on the room menus.

3. Room was problematic. When we arrived, the fridge in the room was unplugged. When we plugged the fridge in, in order to have cold bottled water, the fridge made a huge clunking noise all night. The fridge definitely did not work right, and we are guessing it was unplugged due to the noise. The bathroom clearly had not been remodeled like the rest of the room. The bathtub did not drain at all. It was dirty and disgusting. Definitely not a bathing situation to our standards.

4. The hotel has poor noise insulation and hotel staff did not care that people were partying in the hallway after 11pm at night. My sister and I had an early morning flight to catch the next day. There was a group of loud drunk men playing pool right outside our room, and another group of loud drunk men playing ping pong one floor up from our room. We could hear EVERYTHING from inside our room. We complained to the front desk no less than 10 times and they did nothing. I had to walk down to the front desk at midnight to threaten to check out of the hotel. Only then was the hotel staff willing to ask the groups of drunk men to be quiet and respectful of other guests. My sister and I barely got a few hours of sleep before needing to leave for our flight. At 6am in the morning, one of the staff was loudly cleaning and banging around the pool table area outside our room. So we were woken up to loud noises by the staff early in the morning as well. My sister had to ask them to be quiet in the morning.

5. Breakfast was inedible. The potatoes had hair in them. After finding the hair, and experiencing the poor dinner the previous night, we decided to not eat anything else at the hotel. Clearly there are menu and hygiene issues that the hotel needs to address.

6. Front desk was rude upon check out. They didn't ask how our stay was or help us arrange car service. Because we didn't want to take the hotel car, and instead wanted a taxi to the airport, the woman at the front desk was unwilling to call us a taxi and instead gave us a number to call for ourselves. This was rude and unhelpful, and she definitely had an attitude problem because we didn't want to use the hotel car.

We will never stay at this hotel again, and will recommend others to avoid their other properties at all costs. The food was terrible, customer service staff rude and untrained, and we couldn't sleep due to noise from the staff and other guests. Not to mention the gross bathroom and non-working fridge in our room. Of all the hotels on our two week trip, this was also the most expensive. This was the last night of our trip, and I was trying to splurge a little so we could relax before our long journey back home. Staying at this hotel was the worst experience of our trip.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs. Stay in Delhi-- much closer to attractions.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends