“Not very pleased with the F&B team”

Ramada Gurgaon Central
Ranked #28 of 254 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is my third stay at this hotel and was hoping for a pleasant stay, but my experience this time has left me with a very bad taste. Though the hotel has good amenities and I had a good stay the first two times I was there. This time my experience was terrible.

For a business traveller who is at the hotel only to sleep and have breakfast and leave, my experience this time with the F&B staff at the coffee shop which serves breakfast was not too good and when my concern was bought to the notice of the front desk the very instant and on the next day at the time of my departure, the reponse I got was very disappointing.

Though the rooms are great, what has turned me off is the no hospitality of the F&B team during breakfast and I have never been made to feel so neglected especially when I am paying for the services including the breakfast. As a customer, I think its basic to expect to be taken care of and given basics like water etc while having food. if there was a lot of rush I would have understood. with around 8-10 people in the restaurant, I fail to understand what kept the staff so busy with the Restaurant manager no where in sight at 9am in the morning.

If they expect me to spend a good one hour eating food, then they should cater to customers who are on a holiday and if they are positioning this as a business hotel, then they should be more prompt and quick in thier service. Thanks to this, had a horrible start to my day with no breakfast that day and the next day I skipped breakfast and now I dont think I will ever stay here again and even if I do stay (as work is close by) I will not have breakfast at this place again. Cant go through the humiliation again.

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank varun k
Vivekshukla12, Front Office Manager at Ramada Gurgaon Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize most sincerely for the way your dining experience was handled. I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the services expected of us. As you mentioned, I do agree, this is definitely not the way a business traveller should be handled. Please may I assure you that I have addressed this matter with the team and all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence.

I request you to please treat this incident as non-representative of the Ramada experience and give us another opportunity to make the amends.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Rooms –
Rooms are a good; I found them to be a little fancy. I found the lighting of the room to be a little bright. I felt that it could not be set to give you a soothing effect. It can be either bright or dark. Bathrooms are clean with modern fittings. However they are very small and cluttered. There was bathtub around 4 ft in length which does not serve the purpose of using it (if you want to). It would have been better to have a bathing area without a bathtub.

Cleanliness –
Rooms are very clean. They maintain high level of housekeeping. Linen and towels provided were nice and clean as well.

Food –
I found the food to be over priced and not great enough to commensurate the price charges. One paneer curry and three tandoori roties costed me Rs 900/-.

Service –
Check-in and Checkout was time consuming. I booked the room well in advance; even then the reservations did not communicate my requirements to the reception. I specifically requested for a single king-sized bedroom but when I checked-in they gave me twin-bed room and changed later when I expressed my dissatisfaction. The behavior of the staff was casual and disrespectful on many occasions. They certainly need training on hospitality.

Summary –
A fancy and overpriced hotel. Lacks quality of professional service to commensurate the price charged. There are better options available in Gurgaon which you can explore.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Deepak G
Vivekshukla12, Front Office Manager at Ramada Gurgaon Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review about your stay. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel.

Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guest being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting with us at Ramada Gurgaon Central.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had booked around 12 rooms for the marriage function! The stay was great! The staff was friendly and courteous, especially Mr. Amit Kundu. Rooms are comfy and the food choice is abundant. The staff goes the extra mile to help you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Vivekshukla12, Front Office Manager at Ramada Gurgaon Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ramada Gurgaon Central !!!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback and we truly appreciate your valuable time for your positive feedback about your stay and the service experienced by you.

We are extremely delighted to have you stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Gurgaon Central.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Amazing rooms. Very good service. A well-spread menu. An excellent restaurant. Cozy lounge bar. Comfortable beds. Very friendly staff. What more could you ask for? It was overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Vivekshukla12, Front Office Manager at Ramada Gurgaon Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Ramada Gurgaon Central and we thank you for sharing your review through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and that our service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Your generous praise has been shared with the entire team. Such feedback is a tremendous source of inspiration.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Booked a room through Expedia for a 1 night stay. Check-in was fast and efficiently handled. Room was exceptionally large with all the amenities. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was good with plenty of choice and eggs made to order. Service is efficient and staff is ready to help.

Very good value for money! I will stay here on my next visit!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding the hotel and services.

At Ramada Gurgaon Central, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Ramada Gurgaon Central.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was an overall good experience while my short stay. In room facilities were awesome and friendly staff. I didn't found any trouble while checking in. The ambiance of the room was luxurious. food was good. However, the Oriental - Chinese menu needs to have "understandable" item names. Not everybody in India knows that level of chinese! Or they may switch to digital Menu system, the latest technology many of the big hotel chains are implementing. There are a lot of technological enhancements happening in hospitality domain across the world and i would suggest the same. Implement Loyalty rewards system, regular text/email updates about discounts/events/offers should be provided to customers so as to encourage revisits. I would suggest the management to visit fingerdine website once. I found it a good service that may be useful for Ramada!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Vivekshukla12, Front Office Manager at Ramada Gurgaon Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for thoughtfully sharing your feedback. We have noted your observations on your experience with our menu in Oriental Pearl with great concern.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable.

we very much appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you and weloming you again very soon at Ramada Gurgaon Central.

Warm Regards,
Site No.02, Sector 44 Gurgaon

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We spent 3 nights in this hotel which is convenient for us as close by our office. Rooms are big enough and comfortable . The staff is helpful and efficient. Breakfast is good. We had dinner and the formulae buffet is good as well. The gym place seems to be a bit left alone... No water available neither towels. If you have to come in this area, I would recommend this hotel for business.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Ramada Gurgaon Central and we thank you for sharing your generous feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that the overall services and the facilities of the hotel were to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the fitness centre. We will carry out an investigation.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and thank you for recommending Ramada Gurgaon Central.

Warm Regards,