“Very small size rooms, little slow and inattentive Staff, But have some really customer centric staff also”

BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel
Ranked #22 of 238 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this hotel for one of my colleague from 3rd to 5th July. Normally we stay in BMK Acura and we are pretty satisfied with them but since their cable services were having some issue and football world cup was going on we booked this hotel. We booked a deluxe room. Arrived at the hotel In the evening. Welcome at the gate was not even average. Check in took good 20-25 minutes. When we went up I was surprised and shocked to see such a small room. We came down and complained about it to Ms.Veena Koul - Senior Manager sales and operations. Our booking was done by her only. She took another 20-25 minutes showed us few another rooms, their sizes were almost same. Since last 12-13 years I have been travelling frequently and has stayed with many hotels but not seen such a small room in any category. So after investing around an hour and half here we decided not to stay. Then when we were moving towards the car Mr. Parver Sharma- Assistant Manager Business development came almost running towards us . We did not noticed his presence while we were inside and don't know whether he was observing all this inside or someone narrated him about us. He was thoroughly professional in his approach, he apologised for the inconvenience. We were forced to change our decision and again went inside. Then we had a detailed discussion with him , he upgraded us to executive category, this room was of decent size and having decent interiors. Stayed for two nights, food quality was just ok but lacking in variety at buffet. Hotel staff here has laid back attitude and are less attentive/welcoming to guests as they are expected to be.

Overall just had an ok experience and we may or may not opt for this property again. But I was pretty much amazed and happy by the customer centric approach of Mr.Parver and in my view he is certainly an valuable asset to the hotel.

1  Thank Ajay_Kaushik

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Best western properties are usually good to stay at. But, this one at Gurgaon delighted me much beyond expectation.

This property is an amazingly convenient place to stay. Rooms are super nice. Amenities are wonderful. But, it's the service and professionalism of the staff which takes the cake. One of the best services I have seen. Extremely prompt and effective. The team is very well trained, I must say.

Hotel Location is very near the market, malls, near the high way
Japanese Food quality
Room Cleaness
Room Size
There is Tank near the hotel
Staff smile and service
Beautiful Lady - Sheetal always helpful and give me good service.

Overall, Best Western Skycity Hotel Gurgaon is an excellent option in the area. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: 211 my favourite room
1  Thank Ryodestar
Reviewed 24 July 2014

# Good internet speed # Rooms are good #Bathrooms are okay, but bath fittings are of bad quality #Bad food specially breakfast and buffet; If you order in room those foods are still better #No shades from Car Parking to hotel lobby --- As such you will drench if it rains ... They provide Umbrella ... but that is not sufficient ...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Amitava M
SkycityHotel, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Best Western, Gurgaon and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know that our hotel was at par with your expectation in terms of rooms,service and Bathroom.Our endeavour will always be to exceed our guests’ expectations, which we will continue to do.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery at Best Western.

I personally acknowledge your feedback on bed .My sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

May I request you to please write to me directly at fom@skycitythotels.com and I will be happy to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

The Best Western team looks forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had a very pleasant 3 night stay here recently and the second time I have stayed here. The standard of accommodation here is very high - had a mid-range room which was spacious enough for a 3 night stay and well equipped. Wi-Fi is good but quite pricey once all taxes are added on. Bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned well and was quiet (5th floor)

A key point in the Best western favour is its location, being convenient for both the airport and for taking trips to Delhi. In addition for those who want to go for shopping and probably the most attractive, malls in Gurgaon in MG Road just two minutes walk away there is also very cheaper market. Also contains cinemas, restaurants and food court

Breakfast which was included in my room price is in the LATITUDE restaurant downstairs. Overall, was just a little disappointed with it but difficult to say why. All the basic sort of breakfast stuffs were there but as they cater to a wide range of nationalities maybe they're stretching themselves too much. It's also a very busy hotel and Latitude is a relaxing location for food in my view.

Overall this is a high-standard hotel and my experience here has always been that the staff are courteous and welcoming. I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: 5 floor very quite

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know that our hotel was at par with your expectation in terms of rooms, quality of food,service, staff and cleanliness .Our endeavour will always be to exceed our guests’ expectations, which we will continue to do.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Skycity Hotel, Gurgaon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was my first time in India, and as such there were so many thoughts in my head due to all the negative stories I heard about India.
Fortunately, Best Western Skycity Hotel was chosen for me by the Travels Consultant in my company.
In all I spent 5 nights and I can say that I had a great time due to the excellent atmosphere that exists in the hotel and the courteous nature of all the Staff.
Everytime I needed something there was always someone on hand to assist and to my greatest surprise there were no communication barriers.
It a truly "home away from home" experience for me.
I recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting India whether it is for Business or Pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SkycityHotel, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel, Gurgaon.

We appreciate the valuable time you took to share your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for appreciating our hotel’s facilities and services offered- this is indeed a great motivator to each of us. We strive to provide our guests with amenities and services that exceed their expectations and we thank you for recognizing it.

We are grateful to you for your acknowledgement of the same and referring us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel, Gurgaon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for two weeks upon moving to live in India. The staff were excellent in every way, they almost fell over themselves to offer us any help in every way. The restaurant staff need to recieve special praise for the excellent standard at the time of breakfast. The breakfast choices were satisfactory and delicious. The beds were comfortable and the rooms bright. The gym was great, The Front Desk staff were always such a pleasure to deal with and our son loved being greeted by them everyday as if they were old friends. They always had a few words with him every time we entered the lobby. Being asked by management if there was any thing more they could do for us and to let them know if we would like the chef to cook anything for our son was just such an unexpected and gracious gesture. We took the car service a couple of times and this was faultless. We also had room service, laundry service and babysitting service on occasion and again this was all excellent. Our only suggestion would be to extend the menu choice a little more but in saying this any of the food we did sample was delicious. Our son keeps asking to go back and stay there as it really did begin to feel like home. While we definetly will be back for a meal some time soon we havs pro ised him that when we are to leave India for the final time we will stay here again for a couple of nights but since we currently live only 20 minutes away we cant stay for the time being. But that in no way is a bad thing. We cant wait to finish our time in India the way it started in a lovely hotel with gogeous interior, great ambiance and relaxed atmosphere and even better staff. Well done!

Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Skycity, Gurgaon

The team at BEST WESTERN Skycity,, Gurgaon is constantly making the efforts to exceed guest expectations and we are glad that we met your expectations. Your words of praise "BOTH THUMB UP" makes try to do more for our guests! He was indeed thrilled to have been recognized

Thank you once again for staying with us, referring and encouraging us .Your kind words of appreciation are truly rewarding and do make a difference .

We would be very delighted to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Best Western Gurgaon hotel is excellent, I stayed there since last 1 yaer, and find follwing things are brilliant.

. English understanding in good level, no issue in communication
. Front office team very welcoming.
. close to 'kingdom of dream', can help get discount when buying show ticket
. airport pickup and sending off
. food supplied in the hotel is Asia, India and Western style, I feel delicious and enjoying.
. supply enough enough water as you drink.
. clean tower, very nice smell washing soap
. waiter in restaurant offerss something unexpected and make you even happy
. feels safe inside and totally relax, foot massage & head message.
. gym and swimming pool available, not tried.
. wifi need register only 1 time for visit and works very fine

Last but not least in particular, the Front Office manager Ms. Sheetal very helpfull & she always helped us out with good solutions.

Thanks Beast Western & Ms Sheetal to made our stay best

Room Tip: Executive Rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SkycityHotel, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your constructive stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

We could not have been happier to learn that you had a pleasant stay experience and were impressed with our products and property. All our amenities at Best Western Skycity Hotel are designed keeping a better you in mind and we are glad you had a lovely time with us.

We always strive to provide our guests with a rejuvenating stay and are glad our associates were able to look after your needs and requirements with utmost warmth, care and courtesy.

We look forward to welcoming you to Best Western Skycity when you visit Gurgaon next.