“Nice Staff worst Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Skycity Hotel

Best Western Skycity Hotel
Ranked #19 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
“Nice Staff worst Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This is my personal review on this Hotel. I stayed here for 2 days and had a worst experience on the Hotel. All the Rooms were stinking, and the staffs tried their level best to give me the less stinking Room. All the linens were wornout. Good name and good staff but the Hotel needs a serious renovation and a cleanliness.. Will not recomend this to anybody.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Emmanuelmurugaiah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Bhopal, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Typical Best Western Hotel....friendly staff wanting to serve you all the way . Rooms are good well maintained and you get the service you are looking far.
The restaurants are really good . I loved the breakfast and the food dished out is really homely and it does it with lot of care and love . Always feel like going back .
They still do not have a decent business center ...the staff just do not know the systems and they are kind but do not know how to help !
I like the hotel and i will go there again for the homely touch i feel here

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank KKant71
New Delhi, Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is located away from the city noise at quite location. This is quite big property like most of the ibis hotels. The rooms are very quite and comfortable. The staff is friendly and professional, will not let you down. You can enjoy spice it great food in the buffet. They have a small but a nice bar. executive

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Rohitwattal
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Flew from UK to Delhi. BW driver was at the arrivals, check-in was efficient, and the room was fine. Staff were great too. Same experience with a domestic flight taken a couple of weeks later. All in all a good hotel if you are using the airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank theeggman68
Noida, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am a Best Western Skygold member. I have purchased 2 memberships of different 4 star hotels before going for Best Western this year, and I have to admit that this has been the WORST experience ever. Since Feb 2014, we have NOT been able to book a single room through member discount even once. Every time the rooms are not available. This is despite the hefty membership charges we have paid. This time, I raised a request well-in-advance. Here is the sequence:
1. 31st July: I called up to request a room for 16th Aug (1 day only). The executive called Kavita said she would call back in an hour and confirm. No call for the rest of the day.
2. 1st Aug: I called up to check. Kavita says that the request has been raised. However, the bookings for August have started only today. I can see your request. I should be able to confirm your booking tomorrow. Again, no call till 2nd Aug.
3. 3rd Aug: I called up twice but no response, probably because Sunday the booking desk might be off.
4. 4th Aug: I receive a call in the afternoon that the bookings are FULL because it is an extended weekend.

I was shocked. This time I initiated the request even when the bookings for August were not opened. When I said the same thing, they said the request has been raised today only (means 4th Aug).
This is not the first time. Actually every time I try making a booking through the membership, there is a similar story.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, particularly recommend to keep away from buying their membership.

Sandeep

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sonali_agrawal
Ahmedabad, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am working in one of MNC and on business tour to Gurgaon I stayed in this hotel. This hotel has been booked by my admin dept as we have a tie up with this hotel. At first day of 27th Jul'14 when I entered in this hotel I felt that its really a good hotel and I would really enjoy the stay as it was long stay of 5 days in Gurgaon. All reception staff went nice to me while check in and treated me very well. When I entered in room I felt that 'No Its Wrong Choice'... I made a mistake in my life by choosing this hotel...

They have very very small size of rooms which has just one bed, bathroom and space for small refrigerator and one TV which is also in one of the corner of that room...that's all.. There is no space to step ahead in this room. If you want to step ahead then you need to think that where you put your step.

First time I was surprised to see such kind of hotel in my life which is having really a small size of rooms. I think I could say that our kid’s rooms are bigger than this room...
If I talk about food then it’s also not worth for money you spend.. On very first day after taking morning breakfast I decided that I would not take dinner in this hotel at all. And since then I was taking dinner in restaurants with my colleagues.

The rent of that room was Rs.3000 for me as we are having tie up with them but I could say it was not worth more than Rs1000 and I spent Rs15000 for 5 days. I felt that first time I wasted money of my company.

I would just give this feedback to my HR and Admin and would try that they would not allocate this hotel to any of our employee.

I think management of this hotel should take this feedback very seriously and they have to think about construction of such rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shahkunals
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked this hotel for one of my colleague from 3rd to 5th July. Normally we stay in BMK Acura and we are pretty satisfied with them but since their cable services were having some issue and football world cup was going on we booked this hotel. We booked a deluxe room. Arrived at the hotel In the evening. Welcome at the gate was not even average. Check in took good 20-25 minutes. When we went up I was surprised and shocked to see such a small room. We came down and complained about it to Ms.Veena Koul - Senior Manager sales and operations. Our booking was done by her only. She took another 20-25 minutes showed us few another rooms, their sizes were almost same. Since last 12-13 years I have been travelling frequently and has stayed with many hotels but not seen such a small room in any category. So after investing around an hour and half here we decided not to stay. Then when we were moving towards the car Mr. Parver Sharma- Assistant Manager Business development came almost running towards us . We did not noticed his presence while we were inside and don't know whether he was observing all this inside or someone narrated him about us. He was thoroughly professional in his approach, he apologised for the inconvenience. We were forced to change our decision and again went inside. Then we had a detailed discussion with him , he upgraded us to executive category, this room was of decent size and having decent interiors. Stayed for two nights, food quality was just ok but lacking in variety at buffet. Hotel staff here has laid back attitude and are less attentive/welcoming to guests as they are expected to be.

Overall just had an ok experience and we may or may not opt for this property again. But I was pretty much amazed and happy by the customer centric approach of Mr.Parver and in my view he is certainly an valuable asset to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business