“Great Experience”

Fortune Select Excalibur
Ranked #45 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
New Delhi, India
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I visit the property very often for nice restaurants.

Booked the Hotel for a night to celebrate my incoming birthday and everything was managed impeccably .Right from the Guard at the security to the check out it was a smooth experience.They went extra way to prepare me the special cakes which were delicious.

The restaurants are amazing , specially the Oriental Pavilion is absolute delight and I would totally recommend the Tabtim grob here, its better prepared then in Thailand..super amazing.
The Breakfast spread is high quality and morning delight and the staff everywhere is extra courteous .Dont miss on to lip smacking meal at the Indian Restaurant Earthern Oven where Indian authentic cuisine dose unforgettable justice to your tastebuds..

Its just 20 min drive from the International airport. The prices are very reasonable wrt to the awesome services offered.

Special thanks to Mr.Lal ,who is an asset to the Hotel ...All the best

Parul M Oberoi, Country Manager - Albatross Global Solutions.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank ParulMOberoi
pradeepu, General Manager at Fortune Select Excalibur, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Ms Paru M Oberoi,

Greetings from Fortune Select Excalibur,Gurgaon !
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words ! Such comments make our efforts worth a while and encourage us to continue with our efforts with great zeal .
At Fortune Select Excalibur we would like to bring high standards of amenities,cuisine & personalized services
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon.

Fortune Select Excalibure
Main Sohna Road,
Gurgaon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Stuttgart
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Service is really bad, looks like the staff is still in training. Trying, but not succeeding. Only excuses and promises which are not fullfilled. Stayed there several times, every time the same. Location is good, although noisy towards the front, which is much traveled Sohna Road. Pool is only frequented by pigeons and looks that way. Very dirty and not anything you would want to use.

Two restaurants, second floor Indian, quite ok. Top floor Asian, mostly Chinese, also ok.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
pradeepu, General Manager at Fortune Select Excalibur, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Greetings from Fortune Select Excalibur ,Gurgaon!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time for giving us feedback and inputs on your recent stay with us,

I understand the incovinence been cause to you during your stay with us, The information provided by you will be utilized to continuously improve the guest experience and address the area of concern,thus help us serve you better

I sincerely do hope you will return with us and give us an opportunity to show case our normal standards and true value.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Fortune Select Excalibure,
Main Sohna Road,
Gurgaon.
Noida
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The food, buffet and the presentation have always been great since my last visit. The staff is willing to go the extra mile for guest satisfaction. The GM, Pradip was cordial and concerned about a good stay of all the guests. He inquired about my stay and was open to any suggestions and feedback. The personal touch really differentiates this hotel.! I would like to stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank arshi82
pradeepu, Manager at Fortune Select Excalibur, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Ms Arshi,
Thank You very much for your kind words of appreciation of the quality of service and food,I shall for sure share the same with my team
At fortune we spare no efforts in bringing you the best of contemporary amenities with high standards of personalized service
We would take like to take this opportunity to thank you for patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at Fortune Select Excalibur,Gurgaon !

Best Regards,

Select Excalibur,
Gurgaon,
Hariyana,India
Gurgaon !
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Friendl staff and with very good hotel amenities. Overall was very happy. Stayed here for one night - there is not much to do in the ambience but the room was good enough to make you come back and relax.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Fortune-AV, General Manager at Fortune Select Excalibur, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Mr. Praveen K,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our team’s friendly efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make us a leader in excellence.

Thank you once again for taking the the time to share your experience, and I do hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again at Fortune Select Excalibur, Gurgaon on your next visit to Delhi-NCR.

Fortune Select Excalibur, Gurgaon,
Haryana- India.
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 8 February 2012

stayed for 2 nights...Rooms are OK but noticed peeling wall papers... Food at Oriental restaurant was OK not as authenthic as you would expect.. but the biggest dissappointment was the service at the breakfast. They forgot to bring my request for fried eggs, got my dosa wrong and never came back with the right one at all and didnt even serve me coffee!!!!
Noooo...I will not recommend this hotel nor will I come back here to stay..... Poor sevice

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank joey k
Fortune-AV, General Manager at Fortune Select Excalibur, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for writing your review on our hotel. I have noted your comments on Room standard was Ok but wall paper was peeling off, we have taken corrective action immediately and Food at Oriental Pavillion was not authentic or it did not meet your expectation. Our Executive Chef has done review and I am sure you will differnce on your next visit. Regarding your feedback on Service at Breakfast, it is unfortunate for us that this has happened during your stay, as generally there is no issue with our Breakfast Service or quality, this must be an isolated incidence and its should not be construed as our service standard.
I do hope you will return with us and give us another opportunity to show case our normal standard and our true quality.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Was browsing through a few choices for a 2-day stay in Delhi and came across this hotel as I wanted a place close to Gurgaon. It fit the bill perfectly as it was quite reasonable in terms of price. I got a good weekend deal which included breakfast, so that sealed the deal.

Although I have seen a lot of Gurgaon, I realized that there is a lot more to see. Sohna road is about 10 kms away from the central Gurgaon shopping district and shows up on a diversion from the Delhi-Jaipur highway. The main Sohna road is a bit rough but the area is a fast developing hub and one can see a lot of newly constructed malls,cinemas with many more coming up. The hotel is right on the main road next to a mall(there are so many, so keep an eye out) :)
The hotel is quite new-building looks impressive from the outside, the interiors are decent too. Check-in took less than 5 mins but it was a different story when we reached our room. The electronic key just would'nt work and the person accompanying us tried his best for 5 mins. Another 5 mins later, we find that the second card also has a problem. So 15 mins after we reach the room, another key finally works and we get into the room. These things happen, but the time it takes to rectify a problem shows how good the staff really is.
The Deluxe rooms were quite big and provided a nice view of the surrounding areas. The beds were good and it felt that the room was very functional. The bathrooms are nice and bright and had all the modern amenities.
The restaurant is decent with a lot of variety. Definitely worth trying as there are not many options outside and nearby. The bar was a downer, the sofas were uncomfortable and the service was very average. Their beverage menu was quite interesting but we didnt opt for more than 1 drink due to the overall mood of the bar.
Breakfast was nice and plentiful, the service was very good. We enjoyed the stay over the weekend and one can find very few faults.

Overall, a good experience and is one of the better hotels in the Gurgaon area. Will surely stay and recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Fortune-AV, General Manager at Fortune Select Excalibur, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, yes the hotel is new and opened a year back and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. I regret the small inconvenience you have to go through for Key card, it has been addressed .It is my pleasure to read that my staff was helpful.

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy that you enjoyed our food, services, location and overall we were able to make your stay with us so wonderful.

Thank you for recommending us .

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards,

South India
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Rooms and ambience are quite good, but front office, F&B service are below standard. Theie variety of buffet spread is very limited and wi-fi does not work. Indian restaurant has good variety of food with genuine taste.

Room Tip: Indian Restaurant is very good in terms of food quality and taste.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write review about your recent stay at Fortune Select Excalibur, Gurgaon!!.

I am happy to note that you have overall enjoyed your stay.

I have taken note of your comment on FO & F&B Service and this has my personal attnetion and it has been addressed. However I would like to apologies for the shortfall in the service you received and assure you that this is not a true reflection of the high standards of service and quality upon which we pride ourselves at Fortune Hotels.

Thank you once again for bringing issues to our attention. Guest feedback is invaluable as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service. I am confident that during your next visit you will have a more pleasant stay, as described by many of the other Trip Advisor comments.

Warm Regards!!!