“Comfortable Stay”

Standford Suites Hotel
Singapore
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I was on a business trip to Gurgaon and found this great place. The rooms were spacious and the view was excellent. The tariff was also competitive compared to the size of the room with all the facilities inside the room like fully equipped kitchen and bathroom with bathtubs. Though I was slightly skeptical after reading one of the review but I still went for it and since it was a serviced apartment, I did not have high exceptions about this property. But to my surprise it was just the opposite of what I had expected, may be after that negative by review by one of the guests they have improved considerably. The Sheets were clean, the bathroom were exceptionally clean and there were beautiful wallpapers in the room. The room service was little sluggish but the food was out of this world. Above all the personalized service given by one the managers on duty was exceptional. I would love to come back and would surely recommend Stanford Suites to all.

Room Tip: Go for the One Bedroom Suite...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank KingKhan55

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington D.C.
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My colleague had stayed at this property 5 years ago and had a good experience so we decided to book this property for our 2-week business trip. When my colleague stayed here 5 years ago, it was known as The Peach Tree. In fact, I could see some of the leftover branding still remaining on/around the building. Perhaps it is the change from The Peach Tree to Stanford Suites the reason for my negative review.

This place is so poorly maintained and grossly negligent that I don’t even know where to begin. I arrived at the property around 5 am from an exhausting long flight. Once we got to our 2-bedroom suite, I took a quick tour and was immediately unimpressed with the facility. I had expressed to my colleague my discontent and we agreed that we’d address the facility issues later in the morning after getting some sleep in. Boy oh boy, after we were up and seeing the place in broad daylight, there was no way we were going to stay here for 2 weeks!

Here’s a partial list of problems with the suite: layer of dust on bedroom table which I found out after placing my black nylon laundry bag on it, soap scum residue on shower glass door, mold on shampoo & conditioner toiletries that they provide (that's why you always bring your own!), ball comprised of hair & dust in the bathroom floor drain, stains on cups in the kitchen I dare not use to heat up water to make tea, stains on furniture, missing baseboards, patched wood flooring with different color wood, chipped paint and wood on doors, and the list goes on. So that you don't think I'm making this all up, I've taken and added photos to this review to support my claims.

While I can’t contest the quality hospitality, and I generally find it superb in India, the condition of the facility does not justify anyone staying there. The photos of the hotel property look nice but what you see isn’t what you get. Don’t let the lighting used in the photos fool you. Unfortunately I have to give this place two thumbs. Needless to say my colleague checked into another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business