“Beyond helpful”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12
Ranked #35 of 228 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
london
“Beyond helpful”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night prior to leaving for London.

I had been in India travelling with my 9 year old son for two weeks and wanted a hotel near the 'kingdom of dreams' for my final night (this show comes highly recommended by the way!) and also not far from the airport.

After arriving at the airport and waiting for my flight I suddenly realised I had left all of my valuables in my hotel safe.

The hotel were just so helpful, especially the duty manager who rang me every single day in the UK for a week with updates about my belongings.

I got everything back within a week by DHL and was so grateful.

One item didn't arrive back but we believe it was the courier rather than the hotel but the hotel are refunding me for the lost item (an iPod).

The hotel itself is comfortable and clean and the service is great.

Thank you for delivering my valuable things back to me with absolutely no fuss. Most if all my sons camera with all his wonderful memories of our trip!!

Abi & Ellis

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank abi4343
Sunil_DSouza, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, 19 March 2014

Namaskar, Greetings from Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon!!

It makes us at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon proud to receive such a generous review that you have been so kind to share on a forum as respectable as TripAdvisor. We are glad that you have liked our convenient location in close proximity to the airport and to various places of tourist interest, the special care we take to help our guests in every regard, our comfortable rooms that are well equipped and our high standards of cleanliness & maintenance.

It is great to receive such compliments from our guests as it brings in a lot of encouragement to work harder to achieve the ever lucrative goal of excellence.

We extend a warm invite to you to return soon to the hotel and spend another memorable holiday with us!

Sunil D'Souza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is definitely a decent place... I would rate this better than the budget Hotel.. I stayed here for one night and had an amazing time.

Good room size
Decent bathroom.. Nice Ambiance inside the hotel..

Will recommend to anyone.. Good price too..

Only thing is location leading up to the place isn't great but then you will not have everything with good price...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sunil_DSouza, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, 11 March 2014

Namaskar, Greetings from Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon!!

The generosity of your compliments that you have so kindly showered upon us at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector – 12, Gurgaon on Tripadvisor, is a matter of sheer happiness and great pride for us. Our spacious & comfortable rooms, our well maintained bathrooms, our ambient surroundings and décor and the great value for money that we offer have been a source of delight for our patrons. We are glad to know that it brought you much enjoyment.

It is great to be appreciated for the efforts that we put in every day for our guests. Encouragement such as this from our guests brings in a zeal and great fervor to perform better every day.

With open arms we await your return to the hotel, so that we can avail this opportunity to give you another memorable trip!

Melbourne
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed there twice in Jan 2014. Each time it was great experience. The roon is well designed and spacious and has all the amenities. The breakfast buffet has plenty of variety. The buffet dinner though pricey is very tasteful too. The hotel can also do the currency exchange without comission.

The staff performance especially housekeeping was good. The location is a bit away from shopping malls but easily reachable by cabs. Only issue I had that the laundry charges were too high so I took my laundry to nearby market where I met another couple who were staying at the hotel and brought laundry to the market.

Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lovetravel7519
Sunil_DSouza, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, 4 March 2014

Namaskar, Greetings from Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon!!

It is delightful and flattering to receive such a positive review from you and we are especially grateful for your continued patronage. Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon endeavors to make every guest comfortable and takes care of their every request and requirement. We are glad to have been able to impress you with our well designed and spacious rooms, the international standards of our facilities and amenities, our breakfast buffet with a wide variety, our mouth watering delights at dinner, our value added services like currency exchange, our efficient and courteous staff and our convenient connectivity to the shopping areas.

Compliments as generous as yours go a long way to encourage and to motivate us to work harder to achieve the ultimate goal of excellence.

We are delighted to have been of service to you and would await your next visit so that you can avail more of our services and have another such holiday to cherish!

Bangalore
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Value for money budget hotel in sector 12 Gurgaon. Good if you have an early meeting in the vicinity and dont want to face the notorious early morning traffic into Gurgaon.

Rooms are decent and rather clean. Only the coffee shop is open for food. The buffet was well "budget" with just 1 non veg gravy. Break fast the next morning was even more frugal. They offer airport pick up and drop which is a great service considering that they charge approx Rs.4000/room night only.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sunil_DSouza, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, 27 February 2014

Namaskar, Greetings from Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon!!

Thank you for a frank and constructive review about your stay with us at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon. It is great to know that you liked our Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon. We are glad that you liked our convenient location, our comfortable rooms that are well maintained and our value added service of a pick and drop.

It is compliments like these from our guests that go a long way to encourage and to motivate us to work harder to achieve the highest levels of our guests’ satisfaction. Please be assured that the feedback from our guests is of paramount importance to us and we take immediate corrective measures wherever required. We regret the disappointment you faced regarding the food and apologize sincerely. Revamping of the restaurant menu is in process and shall be implemented shortly at Mosaic, our coffee shop. Also, The Rooftop Barbecue, has been operational since 24th and will provide another option for fine dining.

We invite you to return to the hotel soon and give us an opportunity to serve you again. Experience the city, the hotel and make some lovely memories to take back home.

Noida, India
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hii. This is my second review for country inn but totally opposite from the previous one. First time I went to country inn gurgaon sector 12 in 2012. At that time the hotel was fab so I did compliment it the best hotel in gurgaon in my first review here. But this time I found it the worst hotel I have ever visited. Whatever I appreciated on my first visit had totally degraded on my second visit. This was my first wedding anniversary on 14th feb 2014 so I decided to celebrate it in this hotel. I stayed there for 4 days and that was my biggest mistake. It was totally my money wastage as well spoiled the precious moment. I m really surprised how they can worsen their service which was so gud once. In short I can explain only that welcome drink was served on request and not by themselves, there was some other person's welcome letter on my room, complimentary bottle was only one and not two, no cookies, chocolates and fruits were there and we got that after calling them (I should mention that the quality of all these were really low), spa, pool and wifi was complimentary but when we asked for spa we ŵere told it was under maintenance and the same thing for pool your all 4 days. Wifi was so slow that we could hardly used that, so what was complimentary there?? Minibar was not working and it had changed after 2 days. Not only this, the buffet breakfast had hardly a few items or I can say 2-3 dishes on which idlis were common for all 4 days. Moreover, on my last day, I found the sambhar stinky. Manager realized I was right and he apologized for it. Same bhaji was served in consecutive 2 days. The desserts were deadly stale. The taste of food was also not upto the mark. There was some wedding function there so I faced so much disturbance for all 1 day. I am really very very much disappointed with all these things. I would never ever stay there nor suggest anybody.a few days back I complimented it the Best hotel in gurgaon but now I found it the most disappointing hotel ever.

Room Tip: Room are food but other services are aweful.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chandrapratap2014
Sunil_DSouza, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, 21 February 2014

Namaskar, Greetings from Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon!!

We have received your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us that you have shared on TripAdvisor. Though it may not be as pleasant as the numerous others that we have been receiving, it helps us in a big way by letting us know of the issues that may have escaped our attention.

Please be advised that the feedback we receive from our guests is of prime importance to us and we take immediate corrective measures wherever required. We apologize for the inconvenience that you may have faced during your stay with us. We would like to mention that against your booking, a room had been blocked for your stay, but on your arrival, you requested for a room with bathtub. As we changed the room, it so happened that the welcome letters were mixed up. The front office manager was there to ensure your comfort with the room. Unfortunately the filter in the swimming pool was not working; hence the pool had to be closed to our guests. It was a technical issue that took a week to be sorted and was out of our control. As a compensatory gesture we offer you a complimentary one night stay including complimentary buffet breakfast & Wi-Fi anytime between 1st April to 30th September, 2014. You may make the reservation directly with me or with Neha at gmoffice@cis12gurgaon.com.

We would like to invite you back to the hotel soon and not keep this visit of yours as a lasting impression of our services. We hope that your next visit would be more memorable and comfortable.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night on 1st of february in #1510.. We selected this hotel after reading reviews on trip advisor and a better deal on make my trip.
The best part of this hotel is the staff. We dined in the restaurant at the lobby level and believe me the food served to us was pathetic but we were amazed to see the way restaurant staff handled the situation. Immediately an option of getting the food replaced was offered and as we denied the charges of the same were taken off. Next morning the same gentleman(sorry dont remember his name)made sure during breakfast that we are well taken care off. We loved the breakfast buffet. The bar was excellent wid a professional bar tender.
At last i can say even if the product is not worth its the attitude of the staff which makes the difference
Amazing restaurant team kudos keep it up!!!
Will surely come back!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Sunil_DSouza, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, 22 February 2014

Namaskar, Greetings from Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon!!

Thank you for a frank and constructive review about your stay with us at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon. It is great to know that you liked our hard working, accommodating and thoughtful staff that is ever ready to help, our impeccable service and our delicious breakfast buffet.

Please be advised that the feedback we receive from our guests is of prime importance to us and we take immediate corrective measures wherever required. We regret the inconvenience that you may have faced regarding the food and apologize sincerely. We have passed your suggestions on to the relevant departments and remedial measures have been taken to ensure that the issues do not crop up again. Also, we assure you that on your next visit, our chef will personally look after your requirements and meet your expectations.

We extend an invitation for you to return soon and give us an opportunity to serve you to the best of our abilities and to your utmost satisfaction.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Best hotel i've been in gurgaon. The amazing thing about this hotel is that each of the staff share a passion on the work they do rather than just doing their job. I've received a firm 'Namashkar' from the security to the front office staff during my check in at 12 in the midnight, good first impression. Room was extremely comfortable, sound proof, nice ambience, clean bed linen....list goes on. Got free wifi...important when you are travelling
Food was nice, but not the temperature its served...just to nitpick.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sunil_DSouza, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, 12 February 2014

Namaskar, Greetings from Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon!!

We, at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sector-12, Gurgaon are truly happy with the appreciation you have showed us through your words of admiration on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that you liked our courteous and passionate staff, our warm reception, our comfortable and tranquil rooms that are well appointed, our ambient surroundings, our delicious food and the great value added services like Wi-Fi.

It is compliments like these from our guests that go a long way to encourage us to work harder to achieve the ultimate goal of excellence.

We would love for you to return to the hotel soon. Stay with us and make some precious memories that you may cherish forever.