“Beautiful Serene Property.......Loved it”

The Oberoi, Gurgaon
Ranked #1 of 253 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 14 February 2014

After Staying at the Leela Ambience Gurgaon a couple of times I decided to try a new property and chose The Oberoi ,Gurgaon and must say I did not regret my decision one bit. The Oberoi, Gurgaon is a wonderful property giving you the feeling of staying at a Hill station. The rooms are Beautiful clean and spacious and so are the bathrooms.. which have excellent amenities.
This is truly one of the best hotels I have stayed in and wished I had stayed for more...The Check-in was done very professionally..The staff was very courteous...Their Coastal Restaurant was excellent ...the food was good, their presentation ...excellent and their staff most wonderful...I would definately come back with my family for sure.....

Room Tip: All rooms are good ...I stayed on the 5th floor ..Lobby level very convenient
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

At Oberoi hotels and resorts it is our endeavour to make our guest most comfortable and we will ensure that we leave nothing to chance when it comes to making the stay comfortable for our guest. We are happy that you experienced Leela, Gurgaon as well, because now you can, and you rightly have been able to compare between us and the rest of the hotels. We assure you that we shall keep up the service standards.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

we weren't expecting to stay here, having booked the sister Trident, and having spent 4 hours travelling we felt distinctly under-dressed. But the staff did what all top-class hotel staff do, and pretended not to notice.
This was the best hotel we stayed in I think...So luxurious in the public areas, top quality room, even if it was smaller than many we'd had in India. But the staff were just outstanding. All of them.
Bathroom was good, and the restaurant was outstanding for dinner and breakfast. In fact, breakfast was one of the highlights. Beautiful deep orange egg yolks, tasty pork sausage, the ubiquitous Indian fruit buffet, but first-class coffee and tea. Wish we'd known our flight was going to be delayed by three hours....we'd have happily spent it here. Deli/Patisserie was a surprise!
considering it was just going to be an overnight at an airport hotel, this is worthy of being a destination....bit of a trek into Delhi though. But amazing all the same.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are glad that you loved the breakfast spread at the restaurant. The deli / pattessiere is one of the best that you will ever come across in the country.

It also gives me pleasure to announc ethat even as I write, the distance between us and New Delhi is going to be reduced tremendously as the toll booth that took many minutes for waiting to get across, gets removed withing the next few hours. This shall reduce travel time by cutting down almost 20 minutes.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back

Reviewed 11 February 2014

There is something distinctive about the 'Oberoi' brand - and you feel it from the very moment you drive into any of their properties.We were at the Oberoi Gurgaon for our anniversary last weekend, and the visit lived up to our expectations in every which manner. The check in was smooth and efficient and the staff here are amongst the most courteous I have encountered. Each one I met made me feel like I'd met them before.
We were escorted to our rooms -overlooking the water, spacious, comfortable and well equipped - There were flowers, a cake and a bottle of wine waiting for us, a very thoughtful gesture that was well appreciated by both my husband and me. The welcome drinks and hot towels arrived almost immediately, including two extra ones for the kids who had come along to join us for lunch.
Lunch at 361 was a pleasant affair. The restaurant is really nicely located, and if it hadn't been such a breezy day I would have really loved to sit out on their deck extending into the water. My husband and son had the buffet, whilst me and my little one ordered from the 'A la carte' menu. I have to say the food isn't bad, but I believe there is scope for improvement. I felt the same when we ordered our club sandwich at night too.
The spa was very good, we had a 90 minute couple massage- relaxing and the therapists were obviously well trained. They took care to ensure the lighting, music, room temperature and massage pressure were all regulated to our personal liking.
The beds in the room were comfortable and we had a restful night.
Breakfast the following morning was a decent spread. There was a slight mix up with the order of the eggs which we paid no attention to, but I was most pleasantly surprised when Chandan came up to us to apologize and follow up on whether we'd had a good meal -
I do believe that with the host of luxury hotels coming up in the neighbourhood, the facilities are all quite comparable with each other, but what sets properties like the Oberoi apart is their attention to detail and the personalized care their team takes to make you feel like a truly welcome guest. Yes, this one we're going back to real soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about us.

You generous words of praise have been shared with the entire team. This has motivated them to beleive that their hard work and attention to detail never goes waste.

I have also shared your comments about the food quality with the Chef and his team. We are thankful to you to bring this to our notice, you shall surely find changes the next time you are here.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit to The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment I arrived to the moment I left I couldn't ask for a better hotel!
The staff go out of their way to make your stay as relaxing as possible. This could be a bit intimidating at first but I can see the benefits.
The room is spacious, luxurious & very relaxing.
My first evening in the restaurant I asked for a Gluten Free menu - a great choice of food - I never had to ask again!
I asked for fruit tea, they had none but the following day I had some in my room & in the rest of the hotel!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fordyhols

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Truly a great experience. Haven't had a service like this anywhere else. I had left my belongings scattered when I stepped out in the morning. Had asked for a linen change.
When I came back, i was surprised the way they had taken care and arranged my stuff... to the extend of having a welcrow wrap around my iPhone charger, which apple never thought through to have. :)

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about us.

We are delighted that the service levels at the hotel were up to your expectations. Your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team.

Gestures like providing a velcro for lose wires etc is just one of many things that the team here is accustomed to. We beleive that small touches like this go a long way to keep our guests happy and surprised.

We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

You get that comfortable warm feeling. Hotel staff is simply awesome. Hotel itself is so luxurious. Selection of food in breakfast is just right. My overall experience was simply WOW. To top it all you also get the top of the line shops with great brands.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Oceanic_Rage
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about us.

At Oberoi, Gurgaon, we strive to be the best every day. The teams have been trained to put their best foot forward and to ensure that all our guests feel the luxury as soon as they enter the hotel. And when these efforts are praised by guests such as your self, it feels that our efforts have been a success.

We shall soon add another Global brand to the retail arcade, somethng that will excite shopping enthusiast the world over.

I thank you again, and we all look forward to your next visit at the Hotel.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The service at the Oberoi was so good it was intimidating at first. The in-room check-in, the personal "tour" of the room to make sure I know where everything was and how it worked; the butler arriving to bring a drink, introduce himself, and make sure I had everything I needed; the staff member who arrived to apoligize that an ironboard was not available, but he would be happy to take my clothes and press them for me - all this within the first few minutes after my evening arrival. The food was wonderful, facility quite nice, and everything about the experience was a cut above what I experience during my normal business travel within the U.S.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martinsviller

Dear Guest

I also apologize that the service felt a little intimidating to you at first, please do advise us in case you feel we can do something better. It will be a pleasure to hear from you.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Warm Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 253 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 253 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#15 of 253 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 253 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Taj City Centre Gurugram
Taj City Centre Gurugram
#5 of 253 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 728 in New Delhi

Been to The Oberoi, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!