“The Best Hotel in the World!”

The Oberoi, Gurgaon
Ranked #1 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Boulder, Colorado
“The Best Hotel in the World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Oberoi Gurgaon was a most wonderful experience! The service and genuine attention to your personal enjoyment was the best we have experience across the globe. We have stayed at 6 different Oberoi Hotels and the Oberoi Gurgaon stands at the very top of the list. The breakfast in 361 was wonderful and an evening meal at their restaurant on the 3rd Floor is a delightful experience ... surprises keep coming through-out the meal :) I must come back to the staff and the helpfulness of everyone ... my wife had a brief hospital stay and we were treated as part of their Oberoi family for the five days we were at the hospital. Twice a day they visited to see whatever we needed and they so gracious and hospitable about our return .... they wanted us to have a most wonderful experience as much or more than we did. Fabulous and please take a moment to meet their General Manager, David Matthews, who is a delight and helpful with information too!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool is lovely
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you liked the hotel & the service standards.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the impeccable service standards.

I am sure what we did to help you at the hospital, is what any hotel would have done as well, you are too kind with words.

We all hope that maam is doing well.

We look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Warm Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Gandhidham, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is the first Oberoi property i have had the pleasure of staying. Was booked in for a business seminar at the sister property Trident, but due to some last minute change of plans, i had to be accommodated in the Oberoi, thank god for that.
It is about 15 kms from the airport, which will take you about 35-60 mins depending on traffic.
Everything in this hotel is opulent and over the top. Rooms are excellent and well appointed. They have an outdoor heated pool which is huge, the gym is excellent. Every little detail is looked after in the rooms. The surrounding area is also very peaceful and not so much noise, inspite of it being located on a busy street. The rooms are all sound proofed.
Since i was in the seminar for the whole 2 days, did not have time to explore much, but the food was excellent and service was prompt and efficient.
Each and every member of the staff is very helpful and always has a smile on their face, greeting you with the Indian Namaskar everytime you move pass them. Such small touches makes one feel nice. I particularly was impressed by the Oberoi's policy of not giving gratuities to the staff, which is very common in India. Instead they request guests to place in an envelope whatever gratuity they want and hand it over with the name of the person at the check out desk.

Would love to come back again, with family this time and try to enjoy all the lovely things oberoi has to offer.
Only issue, which forced me to give 4 stars was, like the other members have mentioned in other reviews is the wifi charge, which in other 5 star hotels across india is free. Maybe the management can look into this and re-consider. Other than this, 2 thumbs up.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter, try for rooms on 1st floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, 1 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to write about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

We are delighted that you enjoyed staying at the hotel. The hotel is built on 3 key elements- Height Light & Space. The massive fire torches, cobalt blue water bodies and the winding forest paths are just some of the features that have set us apart from the rest of the hotels.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services.

May I also point out that we have the fastest internet speed in the entire city with speeds up yo 60 MBPS. We do provide complimentary internet for 30 minutes daily, to enable you to do important tasks.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Thank you again for writing about us. Please feel free to write to our Rooms Division Manager, for your stay related queries at Gaurav.issar@oberoihotels.com

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just returned from visit to India. Stayed at all Oberoi hotels in Rajasthan. They were all great. Finished trip to India at Oberoi hotel in Gurgaon. I've stayed in a lot of very good hotels in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. This was probably the best hotel experience that I've ever had. Everything worked and worked well. Hotel building was impressive, room was well laid out and appointed perfectly and service was better than anything I've experienced.
They know what they are doing.
Congratulations!

Room Tip: We had what I think was a standard or at best a deluxe room and it was as good as you can get short...

Hartsdale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have stayed in the best hotels all over the world and this hotel is easily amongst the best.
The service and reception were impeccable. The room was beautiful and more than met all of our needs. The staff went out of the way to help us with everything. There was not enough they could not do. I wish that I could remember the name of every employee who helped us for special commendation. I do, however, remember the name of one special gentleman, Stephen Fernandez, a delightful and elegant person who really made our stay the best. Please give him a special commendation and even a raise!!
We stayed in several Oberoi Hotels in India. It might not have the view of the Taj Mahal or the Mumbai location but it was the best service hotel of all of them.
Thank you to everyone for all of your kindness.

1 Thank shapgo

Thank you for taking time to write about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

As you have rightly pointed out, Stephen is an epitome of knowledge and experience amongst all of us. Everyone at the hotel looks up to him to step up when required and deliver. I am proud to say, Stephen has never let us down. I shall ensure that your generous words of praise are sherd with Stephen.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is truly one of the finest I have stayed in, everything was very impressive in terms of airport transfers, accommodation, food, service and location. The only thing lacking is free wifi within their offerings, which is in line with other 5 star luxury / business hotels i have stayed in.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to explain why there is a charge for internet at our hotel- Hotels around us provide an average speed of 30 MBPS for which there is no charge. We, at Oberoi, Gurgaon provide a speed of 60 MBPS for all our rooms. This speed requires a set up that can be run by experts, and for this very reason we have hired a prodessional agency who provide an uninterrupted service to the hotel for your convenience. This is the only reason that you find internet chargable. May I also clarify that we have been advised that we lower down the speed and remove the charges, which we do not agree to as downloads taking thrice as much time can be quite a disturbance.

I would also like to point out that for this very reason, we provide 30 minutes of complimentary internet service every day, so that guests may check e mails and other important aspects within this half an hour.

We also have internet inclusive rates available on the website, for guests who want internet to be a part of their room package.

However, I request you not to let the internet charge affect your views about us, and hope that we will see you again at the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Oberoi Gurgaon is a modern business hotel within easy driving distance from the airport. We have tended to use this as the last hotel during tours of India before heading home. It is a very impressive hotel, very open and spacious design.
On this occasion we were upgraded to the most beautiful suite you could imagine. The room was shear luxury and bigger than our house. Prior to our arrival we had already had a wonderful holiday using the Oberoi hotels. This was just overwhelming to stay in such a room. Thank you so much.
As with all Oberoi hotels, it is the staff that makes the stay so memorable. They are just wonderful and you will never get the same treatment at any other hotel. The attention to detail from the reception, from housekeeping right through to dining is an experience fit for VIP’s, sports and movie stars.
I booked the package myself using Oberoi’s own Exotic Vacations, details are available on their website. They provide their own destination experts. If you can, ask for Amrita. She was brilliant and so helpful. Using their services will give you some very good inclusions. There is no getting away from the fact that you do need deep pockets to stay at Oberoi hotels but for shear luxury and for that once in a lifetime experience you have to try them.

Room Tip: Use Oberoi Exotic Vacations for some great deals
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

At Oberoi hotels and resorts it is our endeavour to make our guest most comfortable and we will ensure that we leave nothing to chance when it comes to making the stay comfortable for our guest.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Summary: A visually spectacular hotel with very attentive and considerate staff. A huge room was matched by the sense of openness and space throughout the hotel. Pitched at the business traveller and a relatively short trip from Dehli airport .

Pros: Very attentive staff, impressive building and environs, considerate touches to make you feel welcome

Cons: Charging for internet usage (seemingly standard even at this price point)

Its nearly exactly two years since I last wrote reviews for TripAdvisor. I just got married (thank you) and it seemed an appropriate time to write a few reviews following our honeymoon. We stayed at five Oberoi properties in India - this was the first. (Reviews for the other Oberoi Hotels will follow and we started our adventure at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong which I have already reviewed: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294217-d301413-r195050107-Mandarin_Oriental_Hong_Kong-Hong_Kong.html.)

This was my first (my wife's third) trip to India and after an efficient and well co-ordinated pick-up we drove through the Dehli night (with all its sights and sounds) and pulled into an amazing property, a beacon of light and space set back from noise and dust. I certainly felt as thought I had 'arrived' - all very flash.

You enter a huge reception area, minimalist and bright with lovely focal points of color. We were taken straight to our room (for an in room check in), along grand corridors and looking out across the beautiful pool that forms the centrepiece to the hotel.

We entered our room (which must have been 1,000 sq ft) with the young lady from reception and were then joined by the Butler, two porters and I'm sure there was another person there too - it seemed like 5 in any event! As I mentioned, we had just been married and there was a cake, a bottle of wine and a bunch of roses to welcome us - all very well received (although it was too late to drink the wine and I was in no state to do so even had I wanted to given the night before's festivities).

We were only staying that night and had a drive to Agra in the morning. We certainly wished we had stayed longer and that was poor planning on someone's part - not sure I'm willing to take the blame for that one!

The bed and bathroom facilities were very nice and we slept well. Lovely toiletries (which we became quite accustomed to over our stays) and very nice touches around the room to make it a real oasis: we certainly did not have enough time to explore the facilities properly and I'm sure we would have found even more to delight. We at least had time for breakfast before we headed off to Agra. (The car was arranged in advance through the Oberoi website (as were all transfers) and we were given suggestions by the staff as to the best time to leave etc.)

The breakfast restaurant (threesixtyone) was again very spacious and looked out over the lovely pool. The food was good (if not outstanding) and the service was brisk, friendly and attentive.

Check-out took a little time (given I was paying for the entire trip and all transfers at this our first stop) but the staff were very polite and apologised profusely (not that there was any need).

In the process of checking out, I mentioned that in addition to our just having been married, it was also my wife's birthday that day. "Why didn't you tell us earlier" asked the young lady, and I just smiled. On returning from a quick pit-stop before the long drive, I saw my (significantly) better half had received a birthday gift - which was opened on our arrival in Agra and was lovely.

This last act pushed this to a '5' experience for us. Its always difficult to measure a hotel on such a short stay, so I can only go on the limited experiences we had in the time there and they were worthy of a '5' in comparison with the other properties in which I have stayed and reviewed.

Note also that Oberoi has an eminently sensible policy of not tipping individual staff on the spot. Instead, when you check-out, you can leave a gratuity with them in an envelope naming the people you would like to recognize. I think that is an excellent approach and I really appreciated it throughout our journey as it allowed us to recognize the very best service we received (of which there was a lot).

Two reviews down, four to go...

2 Thank Tobeconfirmed
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing in.

We are glad that you enjoyed your short stay with us. As you rightly experienced, one night is never enough to experience the hotel. We hope that you have more time to spend at the hotel next time you visit us.

All rooms are spacious and well appointed compared to any other hotel. The Hotel is based on 3 key elements, Height, Light, Space. You would have experienced that a lot of natural light flows in the rooms ( and even the bath room) giving the room a bright decor.

We hope to see you soon again. And thank you again for taking time out to write about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Warm Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,137 reviews
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,329 reviews
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 708 in New Delhi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,679 reviews
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#15 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#8 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews

Been to The Oberoi, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!