“Defines Hospitality”

The Oberoi, Gurgaon
Ranked #1 of 238 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent the most wonderful two weeks at the Oberoi Gurgaon in June 2014. The hotel is beautiful and almost serene but it is the staff that puts the soul into this Hotel.Led by the most wonderful General Manager Mr Mathews all the staff,from the lobby,to the restaurants,the salon,room service,housekeeping to the bell boys were warm and helpful- they really seemed to believe in the "service" ethic.
The rooms were very comfortable and everything had been well thought through. Room service was on the dot and always exceeded expectations. The salon is very well equipped and the staff quite skilled. The Business centre has all the necessary amenities but they need to do something about the printers( there are quite a few)- I did not like the manager going in to a room to the master printer to get my print outs, I would rather use the printer at my elbow!
The restaurants are beautiful and the food exceptional.
Overall an excellent experience. We would always choose this Hotel over all the others in the vicinity.

Room Tip: The rooms looking in towards the water body are beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that me and my team were able to live up to your expectations.

Your appreciation for the various services at the hotel is indeed source of inspiration for the team. I am sure that this will go a long way to ensure that we keep up the good work.

Your concern about the Business Centre printer is well understood. It is unfortunate that the printer with the work station was not working at the time. I have personally attended to this and assure you that the equipment is now well in order.

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

We all look forward to your next visit with us and hope to see you soon at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I staid at The Oberoi Gurgaon for a 3-day business conference and this is certainly one of the best hotels I've ever staid at. The hotel grounds are vast and very peaceful. The rooms are well equipped, the bed is very comfortable and the table is comfortable for some hours in-room work.

Best of all: The freshly brewed coffee that is brought to your room 10min after the wake-up call! (free of charge, by the way!)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

We are delighted that you enjoyed staying at the hotel. The hotel is built on 3 key elements- Height Light & Space. The massive fire torches, cobalt blue water bodies and the winding forest paths are just some of the features that have set us apart from the rest of the hotels.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services.
We look forward to your next visit with us.

Thank you again for writing about us. Please feel free t write to our Rooms Division Manager, for your stay related queries at Gaurav.issar@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 27 June 2014

It has been such a pleasure to stay at The Oberoi. Hotel is immaculately clean and the staff is always around. Almost all staff is well trained , but housekeeping team could do a little extra training with restaurant opening timings. However its the most efficient team with always smile on the face.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

At Oberoi hotels and resorts it is our endeavour to make our guest most comfortable and we will ensure that we leave nothing to chance when it comes to making the stay comfortable for our guest.

It would be wonderful if you could spare a few minutes and share ith us a detailed feedback on the quality of housekeeping and the restaurant timings. You may write to our Rooms Division Manager, Gaurav Issar at gaurav.issar@oberoihotels.com

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had the Oberoi put together our vacation in India (Delhi-Agra-Jaipur) The hotel in Gurgaon was beautiful, our rooms absolutely gorgeous, the food exquisite and the service was amazing. I was completely blown away with the level of hospitality on every front. If you haven't had an "Oberoi" experience then you haven't truly had a 5 star experience. We've stayed at very well known 5 star hotels in Monte Carlo, Dubai, New York and more - but I must admit that The Oberoi is a cut above the rest. Everyone from David - the General Manager to the many amazing staff we interacted with in the restaurants, lobby, and housekeeping as well as the drivers and guides were all fantastic! At one point I was looking to see if I could find a fault - but no - they run a really tight ship and I can without hesistation give them a 10/10.

Room Tip: You may prefer to choose a room facing the water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for such encouraging feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Gorgeous property and over the top service. They take care of everything - even fixing the broken zipper in my dress in no time (for very small fee). Food and facilities also excellent. I love the cigar bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I travel a lot for Business and stay at supposedly top notch Hotels frequently, (Ritz Carltons, Waldrof Astoria, etc.) and all I can say is - all of These Hotels that reputedly are the best in their City should send their entire Management and staff to the Oberoi in Guragon. The Service there is truly outstanding without being suffocating.
The Hotel itself is very nicely laid out, with great rooms, views and location. The Indian cusine resturant Amaranta has absolutely great food and the Spa offers outstanding Treatments.
If my Business travels would take me to Hotels of that category on a regular Basis I would betravelling with a lot more joy!

Room Tip: I say location excellent, since I was there on Business and had Meetings Close, for tourists to Dehl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 June 2014

stay is very very comfortable.. staff is extremely polite and responsive..hotel is extremely comfortable for stay.. food is truely amazing.... pizzza & the quality of wines served are amongst the best ...very very good hotel but i miss the ambiance of the trident here

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

David Mathews

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#15 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 238 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 715 in New Delhi
Roseate House New Delhi
Roseate House New Delhi
#4 of 715 in New Delhi

Been to The Oberoi, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!