“Disappointing brunch”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #203 of 2,818 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$21 - US$45
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Perhaps the a la carte selections and set menus might be good,I will never know because in my experience the sunday buffet brunch was bad.Apart from the sushi and sashimi(which were fresh and excellent),no starters ,mains or dessert created an impact on us.The katsu curry seemed it was made out of broth powder and the beef teriyaki was chewy.Worst part were the desserts,a majority of them seemed to contain more amounts of tasteless whipped cream than the sponge and flavour.Service is ok but the brunch menu needs to be revamped.Also the food knowledge of staff is average and needs polishing.For 2200+ taxes ,which comes to approximately 2873/- I expected much better food n service.

1  Thank razor1990

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A real Japanese restaurant! Very good variety of options, good presentation of the dishes, impeccable service and moderate pricing: excellent combination

1  Thank Damian O
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I love the ambiance at Sakura and the food as always was excellent.
The sushi and sashimi variety for the Sunday brunch has diminished since my last visit, but the quality is still holding out.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank YBNormal78
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Brilliant place in Gurgaon for an authentic Japanese treat.
I love Japanese food but only get to eat it when I travel since there aren't too many Japanese restaurants around and my wife is a vegetarian :).

Finally my wife took me to this place to satiate my cravings for Japanese food and what a treat it was. We took the Set menu for dinner with 5 courses.
First and foremost my wife loved the place and the vegetarian food and that was hallelujah moment for me. I never expected that. She loved everything other than the tempura. She loved the Veg Sushi and a tofu dish I don't remember the name of

For me I loved the food equally. Not a big fan of tempura myself but everything else was great. Grilled salmon with teriyaki was great but the portions were small. Miso soup is nice too. There Tuna & Salmon Sash-mi were great.

Though the place is on the expensive side, II would definitely go there again whenever craving for Japanese food in Gurgaon

2  Thank cadmus82
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Sakura with a colleague and enjoyed a delicious Japanese dinner. We had some fatty tuna & salmon sashimi, some delicious spicy tuna and avocado rolls followed by a very good pork ramen dish.
The fish was very fresh and tasted great which is a surprise considering how far Gurgaon is from the sea.
The service was very friendly and professional. The location of the restaurant is quite unusual hidden away on the 1st floor of an office building. I suppose it's located here as a number of the companies in the building are Japanese.
In summary I would highly recommend Sakura for very delicious and authentic Japanese food.

1  Thank Bill R