“Chinese Cravings”

EEST - The Westin Gurgaon
Ranked #20 of 2,817 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$18 - US$85
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Wanting to take a break from Indian cuisine and go Japanese for one night, I headed up to the 1st floor of Westin Gurgaon to try out the sushi menu at their East Asian-inspired restaurant called EEST. At first I was hoping to have a teppanyaki counter but unfortunately they didn't have that so I was offered instead a seat at the sushi counter at a corner of the restaurant that seats 5 people at least. I was here alone so it felt a bit awkward and the chef behind the counter made little conversation which made me want to switch to a proper table outside and just let them do their thing. Anyways, I ordered for some Nigiri and got what I ordered though the plating left much to be desired. Let's just say I like taking photos of my exquisite sushi dishes whenever I dine out for sushi but this one unfortunately just lacked visual appeal or the intricacies of Japanese cuisine. I was offered a set of california maki compliments of the chef but it too was disappointing. Pieces were too big for chopsticks it was ridiculous and the proportion of the avocado was too much that it's bitter taste masked the flavour of the other ingredients. But it was free food and accepting it seemed like the polite way to go about it. But then again I was here for a good sushi dish that I can pay for and not for free poorly executed hand outs. Later I was informed that the sushi chef was on a day off that day hence the sub par experience.
Next night I was craving for Chinese and had some Mapo doufu with steamed rice. Really enjoyed this one and had a bit of Cabernet to go with it. Delicious Chinese food that hit the spot. With waiters or supervisors attending to your need making sure you enjoy the meal it was definitely a better dining experience than the previous night. Would recommend it to anyone craving for Chinese cuisine in Gurgaon.

1  Thank drmcflurry

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Last week i visited this restaurant and had the most awsome experience . We went in a big group of friends and loved the ambience of the restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was super. The venue manager John was very warm and helping and made this meal worth every penny. I recommend this restaurant as a must visit and the tofu in black bean sauce as a must try .

Keep it up Westin !!!

ShrikantWakharkar, Diector - Food & Beverage at EEST - The Westin Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2015

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and sharing your experience.
We are pleased to learn from your review that you had a wonderful evening at EEST. It is nice to receive your appreciation. Thank you for the kind comments on the service and the quality of food served. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Stay well,

Animesh Barat
Director – Food and Beverage
Animesh.Barat@westin.com

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have stayed at the Westin Gurgaon many times over the past few years but only in the past month or two did I dine at EEST, tucked away at the far end of the first floor. I have now dined here three or four times since then and every dish I have chosen has been great. On one occasion when I could not decide what to order, Chokhoni asked the chef to come out and suggest something he was working on "off menu". I particularly enjoy the Thai and Chinese options and look forward to trying many more different meals here. Along with the food, the service from the whole team is fantastic but special mention has to go to Mercy and Chokhoni. They both make sure a great dinner is a memorable one.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

It was 11th Jan when I visited East Restaurant Westin Chennai Velachery with one of my friend.
It was an awesome experience for me and my friend at the restaurant, The ambiance and the menu varieties of the restaurant is excellent, a perfect place to sit with friends, family and couples.
The service was great!
I would like to specially thank Sai Kiran, the staff who was serving our table and Indhu who assisted us to the restaurant from the front office. They were very friendly and courteous.
Once again thanks to the whole team of the restaurant for giving us such a wonderful experience and making our evening unforgettable.

ShrikantWakharkar, Director - Food & Beverage at EEST - The Westin Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and sharing your experience
We are pleased to learn from your review that you had a wonderful evening at EEST. It is nice to receive your appreciation. Thank you for the kind comments on the service and the quality of food served. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. Your appreciation will definitely motivate our staff to do their best. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Stay Well

Animesh Barat
Director - Food & Beverage

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Eest offers Chinese, Thai and Japanese cuisines and the ambience is also truly asian. It was my first visit and being a vegetarian I was not sure if I would get good authentic vegetarian chinese food. The vegetable dumpling soup was awesome...the main course too was well prepared. The sauces were so tasty. Ginger margarita and the green tea ice cream are highly recommended. Service is great. I will certainly go to eest again very soon....