“chef makes all the difference”

EEST - The Westin Gurgaon
Ranked #10 of 2,876 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$18 - US$85
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Been to so many chinese restaurants all over India but our experience at EEST stands out. Chef SAM WONG makes all the difference as he makes the dinning experience so much personal that you want to come again and again. Chef Sam is ready to innovate for you and make new dishes according to our choice and taste unlike other restaurants where you are forced to follow the set menu.
Chef Sam is so warm and light hearted, that made us immediately feel informal and relaxed.

GREAT FOOD, GREAT STAFF, GREAT INTERIOR.
If in Gurgaon you have to visit EEST!!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is one place where you can get the best of authentic chinese food without having to fly to china. This was my first visit to Eest and l loved the food . From starters to soup to main course and drinks except the service everything seemed to be perfect. We had a private room in the restaurant to ourselves , we were a group of 8 people. . Overall good food and good ambience. Lots of options to try for both vegetarians and non vegetarians .

Thanks to chef Sam Wong

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Thai, Japanese, and Chinese, all in one. I liked it. They all tasted pretty authentic too vs the "Indianized" versions. Great atmosphere and fast service too.

ShrikantWakharkar, Director - Food & Beverage at EEST - The Westin Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and sharing your experience.
We are pleased to learn from your review that you had a wonderful time at EEST. It is nice to receive your appreciation. Thank you for the kind comments on the service and the quality of food served. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Stay Well
Animesh Barat
Director - Food & Beverage

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Wanting to take a break from Indian cuisine and go Japanese for one night, I headed up to the 1st floor of Westin Gurgaon to try out the sushi menu at their East Asian-inspired restaurant called EEST. At first I was hoping to have a teppanyaki counter but unfortunately they didn't have that so I was offered instead a seat at the sushi counter at a corner of the restaurant that seats 5 people at least. I was here alone so it felt a bit awkward and the chef behind the counter made little conversation which made me want to switch to a proper table outside and just let them do their thing. Anyways, I ordered for some Nigiri and got what I ordered though the plating left much to be desired. Let's just say I like taking photos of my exquisite sushi dishes whenever I dine out for sushi but this one unfortunately just lacked visual appeal or the intricacies of Japanese cuisine. I was offered a set of california maki compliments of the chef but it too was disappointing. Pieces were too big for chopsticks it was ridiculous and the proportion of the avocado was too much that it's bitter taste masked the flavour of the other ingredients. But it was free food and accepting it seemed like the polite way to go about it. But then again I was here for a good sushi dish that I can pay for and not for free poorly executed hand outs. Later I was informed that the sushi chef was on a day off that day hence the sub par experience.
Next night I was craving for Chinese and had some Mapo doufu with steamed rice. Really enjoyed this one and had a bit of Cabernet to go with it. Delicious Chinese food that hit the spot. With waiters or supervisors attending to your need making sure you enjoy the meal it was definitely a better dining experience than the previous night. Would recommend it to anyone craving for Chinese cuisine in Gurgaon.

1  Thank drmcflurry
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Last week i visited this restaurant and had the most awsome experience . We went in a big group of friends and loved the ambience of the restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was super. The venue manager John was very warm and helping and made this meal worth every penny. I recommend this restaurant as a must visit and the tofu in black bean sauce as a must try .

Keep it up Westin !!!

ShrikantWakharkar, Diector - Food & Beverage at EEST - The Westin Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2015

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and sharing your experience.
We are pleased to learn from your review that you had a wonderful evening at EEST. It is nice to receive your appreciation. Thank you for the kind comments on the service and the quality of food served. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Stay well,